Page 706 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2066066566967027037047057067077087097107167568061206 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 20948

If you are working with established characters, of course you are going to receive blow back when you change stuff. That's nothing new. Long before MoS, I've seen people being critical of Superman Returns, Lois & Clark, Superman: TAS and even the Reeves movies They didn't stick the landing with their experiment and it was divisive, time to to move on.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If you are working with established characters, of course you are going to receive blow back when you change stuff. That's nothing new. Long before MoS, I've seen people being critical of Superman Returns, Lois & Clark, Superman: TAS and even the Reeves movies They didn't stick the landing with their experiment and it was divisive, time to to move on.
    That is natural. The argument wasn't about that.it was about whether or not people have preconceived notions about the character.The answer is yes.As for established,There is nothing "established" about superman.There are hundreds of versions of the character .One replacing the other.so much so,Some might find many versions unrecognisable.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Deborah Snyder defends Batman v Superman from its negative reviews, arguing the film may have fallen victim to preconceived notions by people expecting something different.

by Screen Rant on twitter

I'm so tired.
    Uh...what do you want his wife to say?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

"My husband is terrible human being and all his movies are trash".

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Uh...what do you want his wife to say?
    Show more humility and just accept it didn't work the way they thought. She's basically blaming the fans for not getting it.

Deborah Snyder defends Batman v Superman from its negative reviews, arguing the film may have fallen victim to preconceived notions by people expecting something different.

by Screen Rant on twitter

I'm so tired.
    Well... yeah!! I don't think anyone has ever disputed that. They went in expecting to see a recognizable 'Superman' or 'Batman'... and got something else.

We're all in agreement for a change

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Show more humility and just accept it didn't work the way they thought. She's basically blaming the fans for not getting it.
    Ok.So,she's supposed to throw the fans that liked the take under the bus?"Guys!the character you liked is a mistake.An abberation".She is not blaming anyone from quote you provided.I didn't read it fully,nor did i clicked the link.She is saying the reason it didn't work was because of preconcieved notions regarding the characters.And that is a reason.Amongst others,but she feels that is the biggest reason.Also,You like superman. right?He decided to put a big s on his chest for "super"man.Does that sound humble?That sounds like something ironman or mr.fantastic would do."I am ironman".As said,there are many version of the character.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-18-2021 at 12:31 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...zari-exclusive

Thoughts on who he could play? Many sources think that he will be Sabbac, but after seeing Dwayne's twitter, I think that maybe he can be Nabu.

Hope we get soon news about Doctor Fate.

From the characters we know, it's probably Kent Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ok.So,she's supposed to throw the fans that liked the take under the bus?"Guys!the character you liked is a mistake.An abberation".She is not blaming anyone from quote you provided.I didn't read it fully,nor did i clicked the link.She is saying the reason it didn't work was because of preconcieved notions regarding the characters.And that is a reason.Amongst others,but she feels that is the biggest reason.Also,You like superman. right?He decided to put a big s on his chest for "super"man.Does that sound humble?That sounds like something ironman or mr.fantastic would do."I am ironman".As said,there are many version of the character.
    and what are these preconcieved notions?
    that fans did not recognize neither Superman or Batman? is it the fault of fans if they got an unwatchable movie?
    Is it the fault of fans that with Batman and Superman together, the movie didn't even come close to earn a billion?
    That movie nearly ruined the DCEU in its infancy, whatever the cult stans say. Fortunately WB came to their senses and stopped him from doing more damage.

Why can't y'all agree to disagree? It's been, what, 8 years since Man of Steel? And 5 years since since Batman v Superman? I get that the Snyder Cut is bringing up some stuff, but people on both sides here, just let it go.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why can't y'all agree to disagree? It's been, what, 8 years since Man of Steel? And 5 years since since Batman v Superman? I get that the Snyder Cut is bringing up some stuff, but people on both sides here, just let it go.
    After a certain point, discussions over differing tastes become fruitless. Nobody is going to convince anyone else to like or dislike the Snyder movies at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    After a certain point, discussions over differing tastes become fruitless. Nobody is going to convince anyone else to like or dislike the Snyder movies at this point.
    reading that fans had preconcieved notions about the characters that is why they disliked the movie is unfair. I was one who was rooting for those movies to be successful. As with all DC movies. I went to watch those movies without any prejudice, what I saw I did not like and not because of the take on the characters, but for many other reasons. Millions of non comic readers did the same and they had no prejudice either.
    Can't be all those people are wrong. Facts are that at Box office those movies did nothing special and 90% of the people who watched the movie are no comic readers. Its not trying to convince anyone, those are facts. Maybe we forget how WB was criticized for those movies.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It's less about convincing those here who won't be swayed any which way, but those who are not familiar with the films. Therefore, both sides are trying to get those prospective supporters to get their minds right.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yep. These characters have been around since the 1930s and become major pop culture icons across generations. This movie was aware of that and is banking on that strong reputation to sell itself. It was expensive to make, and was marketed as an event because of these two icons meeting on the big screen for the first time ever. Of course people are going to have strong notions of what broadly to expect, and they largely didn't get it. And audiences have embraced new takes before (ex: Tim Burton's Batman after the Adam West show had defined the character), so it's not impossible.

The films were also criticized for screenplays, plot, acting, pacing, characterizations (or lack thereof), etc. only some of which were resolved by the director's cut. It's not all on the audience here.

But this is her husband, and he's suffered a lot of online abuse and OTT criticisms that take it too far. So while this "they just didn't get what they wanted" is tired BS in general, it can't be unexpected coming from her specifically