Page 715 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2156156657057117127137147157167177187197257658151215 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    WB should really have just taken their licks and released the OG version the first time

Damnit Johns
    blaming Johns for something he had no say in.

WB should really have just taken their licks and released the OG version the first time

Damnit Johns
    Snyder has all the power in this situation and he realizes it
    They offered to release his rough cut and he straight up balked even though that would theoretically be his vision of the movie and not Whedon's
    What we are getting now is roughly 80-100 million dollars worth of new footage and plot to cram in whatever else he wanted and didn't get. The SNyder haters should be happy though Zack is working on another movie and likely will be done with WB/DC after this project drops
    Unless it does insanely good numbers on HBO Max and WB brings the brinks truck to his house again

WB is sort of stuck because now a huge chunk of fans are behind Snyder wholesale in this situation and can't be seen to back anything Whedon, Johns, and co did with all the controversy surrounding Whedon
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 02-22-2021 at 12:41 PM.

This all terrible and I am loving every single minute of it.

Can’t wait for the tell all documentary 10 years from now.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It will be the most entertaining and illuminating DC film ever produced.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This all terrible and I am loving every single minute of it.

I am past the "being a troll and entertainment" phase,regarding everything american comics related in general.I am bored now.Pretty soon i will move on.It has been a fantastic waste of time.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-22-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Damnit Johns
    Johns himself didn't have the power to put Whedon in charge of the movie, that's what the folks above his paygrade did who were afraid of not getting their bonuses.

Now, Johns's alleged "enabling" of Whedon's behavior during the JL reshoots is a different story, but I agree, they should've released the original version and both save themselves the subsequent embarrassment and have the common decency to just let a grieving father finish his work in peace.

One thing that also struck me about that article outside the creative differences we all know about, was Snyder was clearly aware it was ridiculous to introduce all those characters in the same movie, let alone a 2 hour movie. The article points out they literally felt the pressure of needing to have an "answer" to Marvel Studios, which I always believed was the worst mindset any studio like that can have. Snyder seems to have known all along that WB wasn't interested in actually building the DCEU first, they just wanted the Avengers money asap. And naturally decided they could get that by bringing in the Avengers guy himself. And well, here we are now. Talk about buffoons.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-22-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Johns himself didn't have the power to put Whedon in charge of the movie, that's what the folks above his paygrade did who were afraid of not getting their bonuses.

Now, Johns's alleged "enabling" of Whedon's behavior during the JL reshoots is a different story, but I agree, they should've released the original version and both save themselves the subsequent embarrassment and have the common decency to just let a grieving father finish his work in peace.

One thing that also struck me about that article outside the creative differences we all know about, was Snyder was clearly aware it was ridiculous to introduce all those characters in the same movie, let alone a 2 hour movie. The article points out they literally felt the pressure of needing to have an "answer" to Marvel Studios, which I always believed was the worst mindset any studio like that can have. Snyder seems to have known all along that WB wasn't interested in actually building the DCEU first, they just wanted the Avengers money asap. And naturally decided they could get that by bringing in the Avengers guy himself. And well, here we are now. Talk about buffoons.
    So my theory was based on the truth, WB rushed the DCEU. It wasn't Snyder's plan of 5 movies all along. I read an interview with Goyer (when Krypton Season 2 was about to start) that they wanted to use Brainiac for MOS 2. But that movie never happened..

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Snyder has all the power in this situation and he realizes it
    They offered to release his rough cut and he straight up balked even though that would theoretically be his vision of the movie and not Whedon's
    What we are getting now is roughly 80-100 million dollars worth of new footage and plot to cram in whatever else he wanted and didn't get. The SNyder haters should be happy though Zack is working on another movie and likely will be done with WB/DC after this project drops
    Unless it does insanely good numbers on HBO Max and WB brings the brinks truck to his house again

WB is sort of stuck because now a huge chunk of fans are behind Snyder wholesale in this situation and can't be seen to back anything Whedon, Johns, and co did with all the controversy surrounding Whedon
    I wouldn't put Johns in the same category as Whedon. His TV shows he produces and his comics have been successful. Snyder fans aren't the same as DC fans. Two different groups. There is also the mainstream who don't care about those internal problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ok but it also sounds like you’re pointing to an executive-mandated show as if it’s some kind of proof that Timm didn’t clearly love Batman the most and went out of his way to have him one up another characters. Timm did not make Beyond to “punish” or “check” Batman. He made it because it was the least awful way he could create what the suits wanted. And he made sure that even that wasn’t a terrible ending for Bruce since he got to have a relationship with Terry and see his bloodline continue. Superman got a worse ending in that timeline than Batman did.
    You're just proving my point

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    You're just proving my point
    What a nothing of a retort. Let’s end this here since you clearly don’t have any actual interest in a discussion.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I wouldn't put Johns in the same category as Whedon. His TV shows he produces and his comics have been successful. Snyder fans aren't the same as DC fans. Two different groups. There is also the mainstream who don't care about those internal problems.
    exactly, unlike DC fans they don't really care about the characters at the end of the day

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    exactly, unlike DC fans they don't really care about the characters at the end of the day
    Um, they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, you know.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Um, they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, you know.
    Yeah, let's avoid the "true fans" mentality.

I think most pro-Snyder fans care about DC characters or are at least casually interested in the ones being adapted, same as everyone else.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, let's avoid the "true fans" mentality.

I think most pro-Snyder fans care about DC characters or are at least casually interested in the ones being adapted, same as everyone else.
    Exactly. Sure, there are some fans that might fit that bill (as can also be said for every other fandom under the sun), but the rank and file are just like the other rank and files.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

This is going to be fascinating to watch if the result is overwhelming enthusiasm for this version. What does WB do if viewer and critic reaction is more positive than WW84 and AM and Shazam and Birds of Prey? Do they delay the Flash solo film again and rethink how much they want to reboot? Do they feel cornered and let Snyder continue his story? Do they sign Cavill to a new contract because Superman is so obviously a center-point to the Snyderverse? What becomes of Ray and Cyborg after all of the trauma and drama. And most intriguingly, what do they do with Affleck if fans go wild for this version?

I think the likelihood of fans and critics going bananas over this version is supremely low, but if it does occur...buckle up.