Page 726 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2266266767167227237247257267277287297307367768261226 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 20948
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes, well it's a tool like a hammer - keep using it, and all problems start looking like nails. I'd like it to be set down for a bit...
    Well yeah, problem is people seem to be so focused on the hammer they forget to set the nails up first.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If it is, i hope it goes a different art style...and just completely different direction general than that Aquaman TAS.

Yup, I'm guessing the massive potatohead scandal will probably hog the next couple news cycles. Gonna have to go storm pixar with a confederate flag to make that one right.

Nah, it will just.go on an ignore list....like you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Well yeah, problem is people seem to be so focused on the hammer they forget to set the nails up first.
    Or they could just use screws and a screwdriver, or a staple gun, glue, duct tape - aka other tools. The shared universe can be a fine tool, but it's not a tool every superhero franchise or film needs. Truly solo/independent films unconnected to each other are another tool in the box - just as good as the shared universe one, but one we've forgotten in the hype of the ongoing MCU success.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Or they could just use screws and a screwdriver, or a staple gun, glue, duct tape - aka other tools. The shared universe can be a fine tool, but it's not a tool every superhero franchise or film needs. Truly solo/independent films unconnected to each other are another tool in the box - just as good as the shared universe one, but one we've forgotten in the hype of the ongoing MCU success.
    Just because it’s a shared universe doesn’t mean everything needs to be part of some overarching story. Or that there even needs to be an overarching story.

And have we forgotten about independent films? Outside of MoS / BvS / JL everything else DC has put out is more or less it’s own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Just because it’s a shared universe doesn’t mean everything needs to be part of some overarching story. Or that there even needs to be an overarching story.

And have we forgotten about independent films? Outside of MoS / BvS / JL everything else DC has put out is more or less it’s own thing.
    Only Joker and the upcoming The Batman is independent of a shared universe. Everything else is part of a shared continuity - whether they do their "own" thing or not.

I'm not saying that shared universe is a bad thing - I'm saying it'd be nice if more superhero movies weren't in one. After the 21/22+ MCU films and, 10-ish DCEU films, I feel it's not that big an ask. Not "shared universe but it does it's own thing" but truly separate movies.

New Official Posters

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    New Official Posters

So much black and white...honestly makes it look gloomier.

Fan edit:

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So much black and white...honestly makes it look gloomier.
    Yea, lol. The fan edit looks nice though.

Fan edit:

Reminds me of the classic theme from the DCAU Justice League cartoon .

Zack just posted a new Batman mini teaser/trailer.

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...12129171955716

I hear MM (and perhaps Darkseid?) in the background (also interesting dialogue overall).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Martian manhunter says "I have a stake in this world.It's time i started fighting for it"
    Something along those lines.Snyder said his manhunter wanted humanity to rise on it's own and fight their own battles.He didn't want to interfere.So that makes sense.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Martian manhunter says "I have a stake in this world.It's time i started fighting for it"
    Something along those lines.Snyder said his manhunter wanted humanity to rise on it's own and fight their own battles.He didn't want to interfere.So that makes sense.
    Ah, makes sense. I thought it would be similar to JLTAS/JLU before MM was experimented on, and decided to just not interfere too much with humanity (and perhaps he took on General's position to keep an eye out for Govt/Area 51 lol).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ah, makes sense. I thought it would be similar to JLTAS/JLU before MM was experimented on, and decided to just not interfere too much with humanity (and perhaps he took on General's position to keep an eye out for Govt/Area 51 lol).
    Maybe they did experiment on him when he arrived.It's snyder.I could see an arc like that.Manmanhunter being wounded hero and who doesn't give a damn.Starting to come around humanity as a whole.Heck!That would also go along with snyder's "everything revolves around superman" thing.Seeing superman and batman work together might change his mind.I mean,superman didn't have a fun time when he introduced himself.So there would be a reason for a green alien to lay low.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"