Page 735 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2356356857257317327337347357367377387397457858351235 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Yeah, technically many of these characters should be in public domain...so anyone would be able to write/produce stories with them. Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

So long as WB allows it, it's acceptable (of course, doesn't mean one has to like it). I guess, at the end of the day, what matters is how different an interpretation is - beyond a certain point, character becomes unrecognizable. I don't think Snyder took it too far with characterizations in MoS and BvS.
    I guess it also depends on one's personal taste and conception of the character. I don't think Snyder did that well with them either.

I'm not sure why we need to make such extreme examples. So Superman in Snyder's movies is the same as Robin Hood stealing for himself? What?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure why we need to make such extreme examples. So Superman in Snyder's movies is the same as Robin Hood stealing for himself? What?
    So,that people deal with argument,on its merits.It's better to not heed them.The question here is creative liberty and how far it can stretch.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Darkseid TV spot (might want to avoid this if you don't want any spoilers)

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Why has Darkseid “turned 100,000 world to dust” when his main character goal is absolute subjugation of all living things? Seems like destroy everything would be counterproductive to his master plan.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

spoilers:
    Darkseid's hand on black suit Superman's shoulder. It was pointed elsewhere that it's a Superman shoot from MoS repurposed for the Snydercut. Interesting.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Cause he didn't feel like it .I Don't have telepathic powers mate.The characters are malleable and any writer has the right to do what he wants with them.They may do so.If you don't like a particular version.Don't bother with it.Or get bothered.I don't care.

yeah!they would have to(regarding Sherlock Holmes and robin hood) cause they have no say in the matter.The individual and his choices are his to make.You can cry about it,you can punch me for it and start a frenzy about it.You can sue me(legal and better solution).If I am guilty of something and there is something despicable in what I say.i would be punished.But,your can'ts and shouldn'ts won't hold much water in my actions.

There is a superman who used to wear a big s and police badge emblem on his chest,to piss them off.If I bring you that one ,you are gonna feel like your cultural icon has been tarnished.I have the right to do so.Because it's my choice to make right or wrong. Who says something I or anyone have to say is acceptable to society?As long as it's legal.You are gonna have to deal with those characters existing.
    Yeah, technically many of these characters should be in public domain...so anyone would be able to write/produce stories with them. Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

So long as WB allows it, it's acceptable (of course, doesn't mean one has to like it). I guess, at the end of the day, what matters is how different an interpretation is - beyond a certain point, character becomes unrecognizable. I don't think Snyder took it too far with characterizations in MoS and BvS.
    Perhaps, but don't act surprised when audiences reject it much like they did with MOS at the end and most of BVS. You can have success when you do write original characters as deconstructions of the iconic characters much like squadron supreme, watchmen and even the boys. You don't even have to be that original as shown with the boys and squadron supreme.
    But if you deconstruct the iconic characters with the iconic characters you're only going to set your audience up for disappointment, and that's not a very good business model. It leaves nothing for the fans of the normal depictions of the characters.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Why has Darkseid “turned 100,000 world to dust” when his main character goal is absolute subjugation of all living things? Seems like destroy everything would be counterproductive to his master plan.
    Who knows if that will even make it into this, and instead he's a generic alien warlord tyrant who is on the front lines of epic battles.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Who knows if that will even make it into this, and instead he's a generic alien warlord tyrant who is on the front lines of epic battles.
    Just to play devil's advocate, the battle sequence is supposed to be in ancient times before he was Darkseid and was simply Uxas. Maybe he was a warrior prince in his younger days, but later became the Machiavellian villain that we know.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 03-08-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Perhaps, but don't act surprised when audiences reject it much like they did with MOS at the end and most of BVS. You can have success when you do write original characters as deconstructions of the iconic characters much like squadron supreme, watchmen and even the boys. You don't even have to be that original as shown with the boys and squadron supreme.
    But if you deconstruct the iconic characters with the iconic characters you're only going to set your audience up for disappointment, and that's not a very good business model. It leaves nothing for the fans of the normal depictions of the characters.
    As if audience embracal is the only reason one person decides to do something.There is such as passion,you know.who's acting surprised?Yeah!yeah! Iconic and business model .Like any of that has any relevance to what I said.A person has all the right to do whatever he wants with these characters.moreover,who says you have to appeal to the regular audiences of superman or batman for that matter?If a guy just wants to tell a superman story for not the audience. But,for a new audience.You can't say that's not allowed.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-08-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Here's another question: WTF is Highfather and New Genesis during all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, there's no way Highfather and especially Orion would allow that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As if audience embracal is the only reason one person decides to do something.There is such as passion,you know.who's acting surprised?Yeah!yeah! Iconic and business model .Like any of that has any relevance to what I said.A person has all the right to do whatever he wants with these characters.moreover,who says you have to appeal to the regular audiences of superman or batman for that matter?If a guy just wants to tell a superman story for not the audience. But,for a new audience.You can't say that's not allowed.
    No studio is obligated to fancy the whims of any director, especially if he's not ponying up over $100M to get his job done.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, there's no way Highfather and especially Orion would allow that to happen.
    Have we gotten any indication that the New Genesis peeps will play any role in any of this?