Page 740 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2406406907307367377387397407417427437447507908401240 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 20948

So how many times are we going to see this lady die?

It's kind of funny that they confirmed Clemons, who wasn't in the theatrical cut, but are recasting Crudup, who actually was.

Just saw to my confusion the new BvS trailer pop on YT for its HBO Max and 4k BluRay re-release. A bit surprising considering how several vocal people appear to have perceived it when browsing the net.

... And a bit annoying since I just bought the 4k regular version to accompany the normal (+3D) but fancy steelbook version I already had *grumbles*

But then again I'm not sure I will miss out that much since its just some scenes in the original scale which might be confusing anyway when the movie suddenly switches between widescreen and 4:3 and back. No new scenes added I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s the equivalent of a DC “event” that’s all about “fixing continuity” except this is about establishing the Multiverse so WB can bail on the Snyderverse
    Not even the film division can research and learn a lesson from all the comic relaunches. Why make an event out of this? Just start over. You don't have to explain it. Indeed, its already becoming a gigantic mess trying to explain it, just like it always does in the comics. Its astonishing to me that after all this time absolutely no one has the sense to realize this. To the point its even crossed over mediums now. I guess playing Keeping Up With the MCU is the highest priority. Even though they have yet to come even close to making it a race.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-12-2021 at 10:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I blame this on Geoff "Mr. Fixit" Johns for unleashing Flashpoint on us and JJ Abrams Star Trek for setting the precedent for a major Hollywood blockbuster doing a universe wide reset.

But seriously, the last WW movie had a magic wishing rock and she is from a mythological background. They could have used her movie to do a soft universe reset and spare Barry the burden on fixing the universe.

Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman are all technically powerful enough to reboot a universe. But it's gotta be The Flash with time traveling......again.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I blame this on Geoff "Mr. Fixit" Johns for unleashing Flashpoint on us and JJ Abrams Star Trek for setting the precedent for a major Hollywood blockbuster doing a universe wide reset.

But seriously, the last WW movie had a magic wishing rock and she is from a mythological background. They could have used her movie to do a soft universe reset and spare Barry the burden on fixing the universe.
    This is the worst part about Flashpoint being seen as a "go-to" Flash story.

Flashpoint is to the Flash what Death of Superman became for Superman. Obviously the former isn't the touchstone that the latter is, but the result of it being the go-to major story beat for the character now is the same.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Flashpoint is to the Flash what Death of Superman became for Superman.
    Yeah, but at least with Death you have The Return or even Reign sometimes, while the only "good" thing to come out of Flashpoint is Barry thinking "I guess I can't use time travel to save my mom from being murdered by my archenemy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unfortunately it’s still pretty much the biggest story Barry has ever been involved in, and it’s an easy “intro” story for him because it doesn’t require much in the realm of background knowledge. I continue to wonder what happens if Flashpoint flops though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Unfortunately it’s still pretty much the biggest story Barry has ever been involved in, and it’s an easy “intro” story for him because it doesn’t require much in the realm of background knowledge. I continue to wonder what happens if Flashpoint flops though.
    It also lets them work in other heroes in case their actual lead isn't enough.

It also lets them work in other heroes in case their actual lead isn't enough.
    Having Batman in it definitely hasn’t hurt the story’s popularity. But I don’t get all the people whining about Thomas Wayne not showing up. There’s no difference between regular Batffleck and Flashpoint Thomas, they both kill people with guns. The shock factor just isn’t there anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Having Batman in it definitely hasn’t hurt the story’s popularity. But I don’t get all the people whining about Thomas Wayne not showing up. There’s no difference between regular Batffleck and Flashpoint Thomas, they both kill people with guns. The shock factor just isn’t there anymore.
    It was more the thematic tether of Barry meeting Thomas Wayne as Batman and how his parents ended up in a world where he died instead of them, and how that created a worse Batman, and of course there's the letter at the end...but obviously none of that applies now .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From the Black Adam set:

https://twitter.com/blackadamnews/st...78292836564995

So how many times are we going to see this lady die?

It's kind of funny that they confirmed Clemons, who wasn't in the theatrical cut, but are recasting Crudup, who actually was.
    I heard that in the Snydercut, Clemons' role is just a cameo as a random unnamed girl that Barry saves (she is referred as Iris West only in the end credits). Not that prominent even there.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Flashpoint is to the Flash what Death of Superman became for Superman. Obviously the former isn't the touchstone that the latter is, but the result of it being the go-to major story beat for the character now is the same.
    That's a great analogy actually. One could also argue they aren't set up properly enough to justify using them. (I didn't mind BvS using Doomsday and Supes' death but I can see the argument for needing more setup).