Page 741 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2416416917317377387397407417427437447457517918411241 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A Thanagarian ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    here’s no difference between regular Batffleck and Flashpoint Thomas, they both kill people with guns. The shock factor just isn’t there anymore.
    I always thought that Thomas killing people with guns was not the reason why anyone cared about him.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman are all technically powerful enough to reboot a universe. But it's gotta be The Flash with time traveling......again.
    "There goes that Barry Allen again. Mucking up the timeline again and rebooting the universe."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Having Batman in it definitely hasn’t hurt the story’s popularity. But I don’t get all the people whining about Thomas Wayne not showing up. There’s no difference between regular Batffleck and Flashpoint Thomas, they both kill people with guns. The shock factor just isn’t there anymore.
    I never got the hype behind Thomas Wayne Batman. Oh look! A Batman who kills but this time, it's his father! Bleh.

Excerpt from an Interview with Snyder:

Was that to draw an intentional contrast with what Marvel is doing in its movies?

I knew it before “BvS,” when we made “Man of Steel.” Marvel is doing something else. They’re doing, at the highest level, this popular action-comedy with a heart. And they have that nailed. An effort to duplicate that is insanity because they’re so good at it. What DC had was mythology at an epic level, and we were going to take them on this amazing journey. Frankly, I was the only one saying that.

The release of your “Justice League” brings back some painful memories, but aren’t you savoring it a bit, too?

Only in the sense that it’s three years later, and here I am releasing a four-hour version of the movie. It really shows that the consumer is not wrong in a lot of ways. “They can’t handle anything over two hours, they’re going to lose their minds.” They were underestimated, the audience themselves.

Is it possible that the zeitgeist just didn’t embrace your interpretation of these characters?

It could be. And that’s fine, too. I don’t have a dog in the hunt. When I made “Watchmen,” it’s deconstructionist. It’s a movie that pokes holes in your heroes. And “BvS” is the same thing. It’s meant to say, Oh, Batman’s drunk and taking painkillers and he’s sleeping with some anonymous girl. He’s a broken person. He dresses up as a bat and he goes out at night and he beats people up. He has issues. I do think the movie came along at a point where everyone was like, oh, we don’t want that Batman. We want Batman to be the warrior-monk who’s cool. And I personally am fine with that.

When you see what Marvel is doing in its movies, do you ever think, I should be doing more of that?

No, not at all. I don’t know how to hit a ball any different than I hit it. A director has one skill — your point of view. That’s all you have. If you’re trying to imitate another way of making a movie, then you’re on a slippery slope.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/14/m...ce-league.html
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

That looks like a James Gunn movie .

Has anybody noticed that the graphic includes Teen Titans Go, Batwheels and Gotham Superhero High but no Young Justice? Is the show getting the axe?

EwS_-36WQAE7nhG.jpg

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I really hope Black Adam is successful and have a great Hawkman so we can have him on a tv show. Hamada said he was looking a every movie for possible tv spin offs and I just can't think of anything better than a Hawkman, it could be Indiana Jones meet Assassins Creed.

HBO Max lifted review embargo early. So we will see what the critical verdict on SC.

(Not that I care too much. Just happy to see Snyder being able to finish off his work).

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Has anybody noticed that the graphic includes Teen Titans Go, Batwheels and Gotham Superhero High but no Young Justice? Is the show getting the axe?

EwS_-36WQAE7nhG.jpg
    Now that you mention it... should I start panicking? No Greg Weisman fix?
    Last edited by zvrk; 03-14-2021 at 02:14 PM. Reason: oh, it's a game

Why is there "Suicide Squad" and "The Suicide Squad"? The latter is obviously the James Gunn movie, what's the former supposed to be about? The "Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League" video game?
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-14-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why is there "Suicide Squad" and "The Suicide Squad"? The latter is obviously the James Gunn movie, what's the former supposed to be about? The "Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League" video game?
    Correcto
    /10char

Hopefully Zatanna will happen!
    I loved her 16-issue run from the early 2010s.