Page 743 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2436436937337397407417427437447457467477537938431243 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 20948

For me it was also a bit of a spin on Morrison's Batman where in one of the "visions" (I guess?) we saw Bruce getting killed instead of Thomas.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Man all of this was on the editing room floor? Crazy.

Kinda think JL 2017 was a blessing b/c WB likely would have got Snyder to get the film around 2/2.5hrs too so this way many years later we get to see the full assembly cut!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah he’s pretty great. He came up with that amazing Wonder Woman theme in BvS.
    Wasn't that Zimmer? I thought Junkie only did the Batman bits for BvS?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The Thanagarian ship is most likely a reference to Geoff Johns' run on Hawkman, so I doubt the Hawks will be Thanagarian themselves. Though I guess they could make Hawkgirl Thanagarian at least.
    Yeah it's probably to explain how Khufu got in contact with Nth metal in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    So the Hawks are going to be Thanagarian!? Yes!! The Hawkgirl of the JLU series is by far the best version of the character ever so hopefully the DCEU takes inspiration from there! Heard she’s rumored for Shazam 2!

Man DC would be spoiling me if they give me Blue Beetle, Static, Zatanna and Hawkgirl! Thank you Hamada!
    I feel like Shazam and Black Adam could be a potent corner of the new DCEU. See if you can pick out the connections between Shazam, Black Adam, Dr. Fate, the JSA, the Hawks, and Blue Beetle and the potential for crossovers and spin-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I like Thanagarians who crash-landed. Makes sense for Black Adam's origin.
    Also plays into the conspiracy that aliens built the pyramids and were behind Egypt's golden age (kinda racist, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah he’s pretty great. He came up with that amazing Wonder Woman theme in BvS.
    No, Hans Zimmer and Michelle Gao created the Wonder Woman theme in BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I took it more as look! A Thomas Wayne that’s alive, but this time he’s Batman. And yeah, sure, he kills. But I hardly think was supposed to be the exciting takeaway. Having Batman’s father alive and in continuity, not an elseworlds or imaginary story, hadn’t happened in his entire 80-year history so it’s not like they were repeating themselves.

I’m not saying you should like it since you didn’t but, for me, Barry delivering that letter to Bruce was one of the moments that I’ve found most touching in Bat-history.
    Well, a Batman who kills isn't all that jarring when the main Batman mows everyone down.

Astonishing Member

Review embargo for the Snyder Cut breaks today, and I have to say I feel a little nervous and excited for the reviews of this movie. While it’s a no-brainer that it will be better received than the theatrical cut I’m actually in the camp that it will do better than what many expect it to do. Will it be unanimously well received? Heck no, not even close but I think the critically reception will be around the mixed-to-positive reception of MOS than the very divisive, critically panned BvS.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Review embargo for the Snyder Cut breaks today, and I have to say I feel a little nervous and excited for the reviews of this movie. While it’s a no-brainer that it will be better received than the theatrical cut I’m actually in the camp that it will do better than what many expect it to do. Will it be unanimously well received? Heck no, not even close but I think the critically reception will be around the mixed-to-positive reception of MOS than the very divisive, critically panned BvS.
    Yeah, I think if anything it's not going to be as panned as BvS was. I think it was always going to be a more straight forward movie compared to that, and we have the underwhelming theatrical cut to compare it to.

How much better than BvS it will be remains to be seen, but at least the run won't be pulled out from people the way it was for that lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Oh, no wonder it wasn't nearly the equal of what John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Howard Shore, the guy who did the original Iron Man, James Horner, or any number of other great composers, dead or alive.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I think if anything it's not going to be as panned as BvS was. I think it was always going to be a more straight forward movie compared to that, and we have the underwhelming theatrical cut to compare it to.

How much better than BvS it will be remains to be seen, but at least the run won't be pulled out from people the way it was for that lol.
    Depends if we compare it to BvS theatrical or Director's Cut version.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The Thanagarian ship is most likely a reference to Geoff Johns' run on Hawkman, so I doubt the Hawks will be Thanagarian themselves. Though I guess they could make Hawkgirl Thanagarian at least.
    Yeah, they're probably just going to include that the ancient Egytpians had access to Thanagarian tech and Nth Metal to set up Hawkman's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

56% feels like a safe bet. Still Rotten but not anywhere near as reviled as BvS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Has anybody noticed that the graphic includes Teen Titans Go, Batwheels and Gotham Superhero High but no Young Justice? Is the show getting the axe?

Attachment 107265
    It likely just means the fourth season is intended to be the last.

DC Superhero Girls isn't on there either

Roger Ebert.com reviewer gave it 3 1/2 stars.

Comicbook.com review loved it:

"Zack Snyder’s Justice League is complex, bold, and incredibly rewarding, in a way that uniquely captures the joy of the DC universe."

Bleeding Cool reviewer wasn't a fan:

"Zack Snyder's Justice League is self-indulgence on the part of Zack Snyder to the tune of $70 million. Is it bad? Not really; it's just as forgettable as the first one. There is very little to hate here because there is so little to latch onto. It's better than the theatrical cut, and if the first half wasn't so slow, the second half could have been a triumph. Instead, there is a solid three-hour movie lost in the haze of a four-hour bloated mess."

The reviewer also states that they felt just down right mean of Snyder to use a big chunk of the $70 million to create a huge cliffhanger when there are currently no plans to continue the story. As all it's going to do it cause more fan outrage and internet fights.

Sounds like Synder is throwing gasoline on the fire. Maybe it's his revenge against WB, since they will no doubt be getting copious amounts of hate and pleas for Snyder fans to let him finish his Justice League story.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    They're both credited with the score. There's an article where Junkie XL talks about what inspired the Wonder Woman theme, so I think he had a good deal to do with it.

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...g-inspiration/
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-15-2021 at 01:28 PM.