Page 744 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2446446947347407417427437447457467477487547948441244 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Roger Ebert.com reviewer gave it 3 1/2 stars.

Comicbook.com review loved it:

"Zack Snyder’s Justice League is complex, bold, and incredibly rewarding, in a way that uniquely captures the joy of the DC universe."

Bleeding Cool reviewer wasn't a fan:

"Zack Snyder's Justice League is self-indulgence on the part of Zack Snyder to the tune of $70 million. Is it bad? Not really; it's just as forgettable as the first one. There is very little to hate here because there is so little to latch onto. It's better than the theatrical cut, and if the first half wasn't so slow, the second half could have been a triumph. Instead, there is a solid three-hour movie lost in the haze of a four-hour bloated mess."

The reviewer also states that they felt just down right mean of Snyder to use a big chunk of the $70 million to create a huge cliffhanger when there are currently no plans to continue the story. As all it's going to do it cause more fan outrage and internet fights.

Sounds like Synder is throwing gasoline on the fire. Maybe it's his revenge against WB, since they will no doubt be getting copious amounts of hate and pleas for Snyder fans to let him finish his Justice League story.

They're both credited with the score. There's an article where Junkie XL talks about what inspired the Wonder Woman theme, so I think he had a good deal to do with it.

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...g-inspiration/
    I feel the Bleeding Cool review is probably one of the better reviews that I've read. Also the point about spending a chunk of your money meant to finish on a new scene that acts as a cliffhanger for a movie that will never happen is pretty pathetic.

Roger Ebert.com reviewer gave it 3 1/2 stars.

Comicbook.com review loved it:

"Zack Snyder’s Justice League is complex, bold, and incredibly rewarding, in a way that uniquely captures the joy of the DC universe."

Bleeding Cool reviewer wasn't a fan:

"Zack Snyder's Justice League is self-indulgence on the part of Zack Snyder to the tune of $70 million. Is it bad? Not really; it's just as forgettable as the first one. There is very little to hate here because there is so little to latch onto. It's better than the theatrical cut, and if the first half wasn't so slow, the second half could have been a triumph. Instead, there is a solid three-hour movie lost in the haze of a four-hour bloated mess."

The reviewer also states that they felt just down right mean of Snyder to use a big chunk of the $70 million to create a huge cliffhanger when there are currently no plans to continue the story. As all it's going to do it cause more fan outrage and internet fights.

Sounds like Synder is throwing gasoline on the fire. Maybe it's his revenge against WB, since they will no doubt be getting copious amounts of hate and pleas for Snyder fans to let him finish his Justice League story.

They're both credited with the score. There's an article where Junkie XL talks about what inspired the Wonder Woman theme, so I think he had a good deal to do with it.

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...g-inspiration/
    Iirc, only new scene he shot was the one with Batman and Joker...so the cliffhanger was part of original story (whatever it may be). $70mn was used for finishing up the vfx.

Fans were asking for his cut/vision..so that's exactly what he did. Nothing mean about it; From all accounts, Snyder seems to be a great guy to work with, so I doubt he did that intentionally, with mean spirit. Now you could argue that he could have just cut it off, but then it wouldn't be the movie he wanted to make/release.
    Last edited by Triple J; 03-15-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Basically to sum up what I’ve read:
    -It’s more coherent as Snyder’s vision of the DCU
    -Better than Whedon’s but still not a good movie
    -Superman’s “big arc” is about 10 minutes so Snyder continues the trend of stiffing Cavill
    -More coherent than BvS
    -Quite a few reviewers are cutting Snyder some slack on account of what happened with his daughter

So if you loved Snyder’s vision, this is for you. I’ve seen clips and I have no interest. This will only embolden the Snyder Cult to demand more from Hamada and Emmerich but I’m totally cool with them making the suits lives miserable since their plans for the future don’t interest me anyway, especially their Superman plans. I think this will do well numbers wise and Snyder might get another shot at continuing it through HBO Max, but given the issues with Ray, WB recasting Batman & Superman, and Cavill seemingly unable to come to terms with WB I don’t expect it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Sounds like the Snyder cut is better than the Whedonstein version from what I'm reading, which is what I posted as my expectation at the time Justice League came out.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Unlike Wonder Woman 1984 (which I still really liked), I can see this staying fresh in the 70s. I doubt they'll be any turnoffs like the Martha thing, or how Diana kinda basically had sex with a dude's body without consent. Sounds like its too long, still pretentious? but a solid improvement on the Whedon cut. I guess we'll see though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    -Superman’s “big arc” is about 10 minutes so Snyder continues the trend of stiffing Cavill
    -More coherent than BvS
    -Quite a few reviewers are cutting Snyder some slack on account of what happened with his daughter

So if you loved Snyder’s vision, this is for you. I’ve seen clips and I have no interest. This will only embolden the Snyder Cult to demand more from Hamada and Emmerich but I’m totally cool with them making the suits lives miserable since their plans for the future don’t interest me anyway, especially their Superman plans. I think this will do well numbers wise and Snyder might get another shot at continuing it through HBO Max, but given the issues with Ray, WB recasting Batman & Superman, and Cavill seemingly unable to come to terms with WB I don’t expect it.
    It is in the best of EVERYONE to move on. Harassing folks and that lot mess is on going to do anyone any favors. Snyder really wants to stick it to DC-pick one of the many indy super hero universes and prove DC was wrong.

Its one thing to get outshined by Marvel but having say someone from Image or Action Labs or Aftermath doing it too-sends a bigger message.

I mean Ahoy Comic's Wrong Earth might fit Snyder. A universe of a dark gritty hero and one of a bright and cherry hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think every property is on there.
    Yeah, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    No. Walter Hamada has the keys to the kingdom.
    Good. I don't mind Snyder staying on the sidelines doing his gritty passion projects while the rest of the DCEU does their own things.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    So the Hawks are going to be Thanagarian!? Yes!! The Hawkgirl of the JLU series is by far the best version of the character ever so hopefully the DCEU takes inspiration from there! Heard she’s rumored for Shazam 2!

Man DC would be spoiling me if they give me Blue Beetle, Static, Zatanna and Hawkgirl! Thank you Hamada!
    I think they are drawing from the Geoff Johns run where a crashed alien ship is what initiates the reincarnation cycle.

Yes, I'm slightly more hopeful for the Hamada era of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I took it more as look! A Thomas Wayne that’s alive, but this time he’s Batman. And yeah, sure, he kills. But I hardly think was supposed to be the exciting takeaway. Having Batman’s father alive and in continuity, not an elseworlds or imaginary story, hadn’t happened in his entire 80-year history so it’s not like they were repeating themselves.

I’m not saying you should like it since you didn’t but, for me, Barry delivering that letter to Bruce was one of the moments that I’ve found most touching in Bat-history.
    Still, evil killer Batman feels like such a low hanging fruit. I felt that it could have been something more nuanced. Maybe my perspective is coloured by stories like Alan Brennert's 'To Kill A Legend' or 'Autobiography of Bruce Wayne' but I recall stories where DC made such concepts feel more resonant.

Also plays into the conspiracy that aliens built the pyramids and were behind Egypt's golden age (kinda racist, though).
    It depends on how they play it. I think it's fine if Thanagarian magic/technology initiates the reincarnation cycle, like how Geoff Johns did it rather than teaching them how to build pyramids.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It likely just means the fourth season is intended to be the last.

DC Superhero Girls isn't on there either
    I hope there are spin offs at least. Even though I think the show crumbled under the weight of it's own ambitions, I think there are aspects of the show that are worth continuing.

Actually I heard that Batman and Superman doesn't do much at all until the end. It's pretty much the Cyborg and Steppenwolf show.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Actually I heard that Batman and Superman doesn't do much at all until the end. It's pretty much the Cyborg and Steppenwolf show.
    Damn. Not a great send off for Cavill’s Superman. Well at least the Whedon Cut with that embarrassing upper lip wasn’t his last appearance in the cape.

Damn. Not a great send off for Cavill’s Superman. Well at least the Whedon Cut with that embarrassing upper lip wasn’t his last appearance in the cape.
    He already had the perfect send-off.

Also plays into the conspiracy that aliens built the pyramids and were behind Egypt's golden age (kinda racist, though).
    Not necessarily. Part of ancient astronaut theory is that aliens interacted with all ancient cultures - European/white cultures as well. You can avoid any racist undertones just by showing that they had interactions helping other cultures, after all, we still can't replicate Stonehenge today without cheating and using our modern technology.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Sounds like the Snyder cut is better than the Whedonstein version from what I'm reading, which is what I posted as my expectation at the time Justice League came out.
    It should be since it doesnt need to be a rushed 2hrs.

Part of me is crazy since im interested to see what all Snyder would cut if he had stuck around to cut the film into a 2hr running time.

The Superman scenes are supposedly a huge improvement over the Whedon version.

Even Grace Randolph admited she didn't liked Superman on this movie. Putting together from different reviews, the general feeling around this forums, that Superman is little more than a plot device used to develop other characters, seems right. A lot of talk about how important the character is, but he isn't actually a character.

Then I watch the final trailer for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and even without mentioning Steve, Captain America is all over the trailer in a meaningful and real way. Maybe because they actually developted the character and took the time to make him aspirational as he is supposed to be.

Anyway, I'm interested in watching the Snyder Cut, even if just for the action scenes, Snyder is a master in that department.

-More coherent than BvS

Sounds about what I expected.