Page 746 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2466466967367427437447457467477487497507567968461246 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's...kind of random.

And I love the Tyler family.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    ....what a weird choice. How would that even work? But hey why not? Give me a Vixen, Mr. Terrific, Kenan Kong New Super-Man, Atom, or Martian Manhunter movie if you’re approving stuff like this WB!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    One really can’t call the Whedon JL a Snyder movie. More than half of it was re-written and re-shot, and all of the footage of Snyder’s that they kept was repurposed in a mishmash to tell their version. You can tell by the trailers, the different color correction, the CGI (just look at Steppenwolf), and the score are entirely different. And the story is wildly different. This is a completely different movie.
    Sorry should have been clearer I was referring to the Snyder Cut JL

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ....what a weird choice. How would that even work? But hey why not? Give me a Vixen, Mr. Terrific, Kenan Kong New Super-Man, Atom, or Martian Manhunter movie if you’re approving stuff like this WB!
    Maybe they're setting up a Shazam/JSA Cinematic Universe.

Or maybe they saw how popular Vision was on Disney+ so they're commissioning a Matthew Tyler movie. Even though DC's Vision is Red Tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they're setting up a Shazam/JSA Cinematic Universe.

Or maybe they saw how popular Vision was on Disney+ so they're commissioning a Matthew Tyler movie. Even though DC's Vision is Red Tornado.
    They definitely seem to be setting up JSA as a spinoff of Black Adam. Would be hilarious if the JSA became the big cinematic team after JL flopped given the comic book relationship between the two.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hope that the Hourman is either Rex or Rick. I wasn't very fond of Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's...kind of random.

And I love the Tyler family.
    There was also an Hourman tv show in the works around Nov 2013. Some one at DC are clearly fans.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ased-dc-653261

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah, I'm having trouble parsing their thought processes. "Hey Marvel did their movie about steroid powered WW2 hero, where is our steroid powered WW2 hero?!"

Like, if you want to adapt someone there is Black Canary, Starman, Dr Fate, Wildcat, Mr Terrific, Sandman/Wesley Dodds whom I think are much stronger characters for a standalone adaptation.

Incredible Member

Can’t help but wonder between this hourman announcement and everything we know about Black Adam is a JSA mo ie going to be done. At this point we’re really only missing Jay, Alan and Ted. Otherwise you pretty much have the modern line up we remember

It definitely seems like the JSA is plan B now that Justice League is screwed up. Batman and Superman are being rebooted in their own universes but Black Adam will introduce us to the next phase of the connected universe.

I would love a JSA movie or show.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, I'm nearly done with DC. Hourman? Every JSA character is going to be in a movie or on TV or both....except for Power Girl. They've introduced the multiverse concept; we've seen multiple versions of the same character....but not Power Girl. Doesn't have to be a big movie; could be an HBO Max movie or series. They went with the surprisingly good "Krypton" on Sci-Fi or however they spell it, where the three biggest characters were Adam Strange, Lobo, Zod, and Brainiac, (Doomy was a plot device). They've given movies to characters who are entirely new, or no more well known than PG. And there are so many ways to introduce her. And the argument that no one will get her because of Supergirl ignores how many Flashes, GLs, Superboys, Robins....DC and WB already have.

Why do DC and WB hate Power Girl so much?

So we have:

Black Adam
    Dr Fate
    Hawkman
    Hawkgirl (rumored for Shazam 2)
    Alan Scott (HBO Max series)
    Atom Smasher
    Cyclone
    Hourman (HBO Max movie?)

Yeah we’re definitely getting the JSA! Wonder if they’ll announce Jay Garrick for the Flash film, and where Wildcat, Sandman and Dr Midnight will pop up!? Will we also get Me Terrific and Powergirl

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You need to watch BvS extended cut to get the full Snyder vision. There are one or two minor discrepancies with Aquaman from Snyder’s vision but I can’t really get into it without spoilers
    There are I think TWO large continuity errors if the Snyder cut is now canon

spoilers:
    The first is Mera's accent and the second is that in the Aquaman film her father is alive. In the Snyder cut she says she was taken in by Atalanta and that her father is dead
    end of spoilers.

Interesting, that would be cool (if they were to build up and showcase JSA...and down the line, you can have them as legacy characters who inspired JLA).

Or maybe just do a multiverse. JSA Earth 2 or whatever
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Justice League is blah! for me.So I don't care if it exists or not.Jsa was always a better for me.Regardless, everything about the black Adam movie had excited.too bad it has black Adam,instead of the guy who originally bullied back bullies.But then again unlike superman,they can actually do stuff with black Adam.Even if it's a negative reflection,a superman truely let loose from chains would be awesome to see.He ain't stuck being flying big blue boyscout.Rock has the charisma,the passion and can portray the compassion of the champion.Hopefully,they stick to the vibes from the promo material.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-17-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"