Page 753 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2536537037437497507517527537547557567577638038531253 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Sounds like he's having a piss take and messing around.
    Yeah, filming starts next month. He's definitely signed a contract already. I imagine at worst, WB would just give him less screen time outside of the costume and woud let someone else shoot most of the scenes in costume if he's really concerned about COVID.

Why would they go for an original villain?

Are they planning to save the Monster Society for the third film? I guess maybe they're expecting Black Adam 2 to be Billy vs Adam?

Shouldn't Wonder Woman be involved in this?

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Cosmic Book "News". Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Sounds like Michael Keaton is having second thoughts about appearing in the Flash movie...
    I think he's messing around. He's been locked in since DC Fandome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would they go for an original villain?

Are they planning to save the Monster Society for the third film? I guess maybe they're expecting Black Adam 2 to be Billy vs Adam?

Shouldn't Wonder Woman be involved in this?
    Maybe they don’t want to touch Johns stuff given all the controversy he’s embroiled in? Feel like Shazam 3 would be Adam vs. Billy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Am I only one who would have preferred if Sivana in first Shazam was some original villain? Johns already changed him significantly during new 52 and movie version changed him even further. Asides of name he barely had anything in common with his classical stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe they don’t want to touch Johns stuff given all the controversy he’s embroiled in? Feel like Shazam 3 would be Adam vs. Billy.
    Maybe it's better to let the Rock establish himself in his own movie first before crossing him over to Billy's.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Am I only one who would have preferred if Sivana in first Shazam was some original villain? Johns already changed him significantly during new 52 and movie version changed him even further. Asides of name he barely had anything in common with his classical stories.
    I'd agree. He feels so far removed from his original self, I don't know why they bothered calling him Sivana at all.

Well, considering Flash is Flashpoint just not in name, I doubt that's related to it. FWIW though, Johns wasn't mentioned as a producer for Shazam 2 in the Helen Mirren announcement, despite that he previously was in the Rachel Zegler announcement last month. Him and his production company were both mentioned last time and now they're not, so this could possibly be connected to what Fisher previously said about Johns being quietly phased out.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-24-2021 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, considering Flash is Flashpoint just not in name, I doubt that's related to it. FWIW though, Johns wasn't mentioned as a producer for Shazam 2 in the Helen Mirren announcement, despite that he previously was in the Rachel Zegler announcement last month. Him and his production company were both mentioned last time and now they're not, so this could possibly be connected to what Fisher previously said about Johns being quietly phased out.
    It’s not really Flashpoint either. The story doesn’t conform to comic Flashpoint at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if they phased Johns out of the film side while allowing him to continue his TV work with Berlanti.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So that if something happens they can pretend that he works for CW and not for them?

Extraordinary Member

It’s not really Flashpoint either. The story doesn’t conform to comic Flashpoint at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if they phased Johns out of the film side while allowing him to continue his TV work with Berlanti.
    Why would they? Because a little known actor with no real credits to his name and no proven drawing power compared to anyone else said he did bad things about him and refused to substantiate any of it? Against a guy who has proven to be able to make WB money?

Boils down to corporations wanting to avoid bad publicity at any cost. Walter Hamada and Toby Emmerich seem to be irreplaceable for them and it seems Warner Media would defend them at any cost. Geoff Johns is a different story, there's really nothing left to keep him at DC even if none of the stuff with Fisher transpired anyway. All of Johns' peers were fired last year or left, he's now doing more creator-owned stuff, I imagine he also doesn't come cheap for them either and he'll keep making money from royalties and DC will keep selling his TPBs anyway. There doesn't seem to be much of a reason for him to work for DC or WB anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why would they? Because a little known actor with no real credits to his name and no proven drawing power compared to anyone else said he did bad things about him and refused to substantiate any of it? Against a guy who has proven to be able to make WB money?
    Don’t see the PR problems as offsetting the cost. DC is still letting him do comics when he wants to and he’s still friends with Berlanti so he’ll get to do TV/streaming stuff. But he seems to be boxed out of the film side.

I did think that entire second arc Johns wrote was written entirely to service a sequel given how much the original film adapted his first Shazam arc, but maybe it's too recent.

I don't think they can really ignore Sivana or Mister Mind though.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I mean, I don't see why you'd ever need an original villain for a hero that has an extensive Rogues Gallery.

It's like taking a Batman movie and he ends up having to fight some random crime boss.
    How is it not Flashpoint though? It's not going to be a one-to-one adaption like the animated movie but the premise is exactly the same.

It's like saying the TV show didn't adapt Flashpoint because it wasn't a one-to-one adaption even though they explicitly called it "Flashpoint."

Is Barry Allen going to go back in time to save his mother from being murdered and thus change the timeline or something to that effect? Then yeah, it's Flashpoint.