Page 754 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2546547047447507517527537547557567577587648048541254 ... LastLast
Results 11,296 to 11,310 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why would they? Because a little known actor with no real credits to his name and no proven drawing power compared to anyone else said he did bad things about him and refused to substantiate any of it? Against a guy who has proven to be able to make WB money?
    major corporations don't need much of a reason or standard of evidence to throw a body on the pyre. Obviously they're going to bat for Hamada but they haven't done so for Johns at the moment other than to state that the investigation found that the cuts were not racially motivated without naming his name

Incredible Member

Some fans say that Snyder's vision is too dark but Hamada comes from a horror background. he makes horror films similar to the Blair Witch Project which has a reality, real world feel to it. This kind of explains BOP. This makes me uneasy for the upcoming films under his guidance except for BA and Flash which started before he came aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did think that entire second arc Johns wrote was written entirely to service a sequel given how much the original film adapted his first Shazam arc, but maybe it's too recent.

I don't think they can really ignore Sivana or Mister Mind though.

I mean, I don't see why you'd ever need an original villain for a hero that has an extensive Rogues Gallery.

It's like taking a Batman movie and he ends up having to fight some random crime boss.

How is it not Flashpoint though? It's not going to be a one-to-one adaption like the animated movie but the premise is exactly the same.

It's like saying the TV show didn't adapt Flashpoint because it wasn't a one-to-one adaption even though they explicitly called it "Flashpoint."

Is Barry Allen going to go back in time to save his mother from being murdered and thus change the timeline or something to that effect? Then yeah, it's Flashpoint.
    That’s just it: is he? Because it sounds more like it’s Barry exploring the Multiverse, not traveling through time. Thawne won’t be in this, Batdad won’t be in this, doesn’t sound like WW or Aquaman will be in this and we know Cyborg won’t either.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s just it: is he? Because it sounds more like it’s Barry exploring the Multiverse, not traveling through time. Thawne won’t be in this, Batdad won’t be in this, doesn’t sound like WW or Aquaman will be in this and we know Cyborg won’t either.
    I don't know why they'd even use the dead mom, imprisoned father, angle if they weren't going to adapt Flashpoint and use Thawne. I mean, they have to cast a villain at some point instead of DC guest stars.

I assume the exploring the Multiverse is because he creates an alternate timeline and he has to get back to his old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know why they'd even use the dead mom, imprisoned father, angle if they weren't going to adapt Flashpoint and use Thawne. I mean, they have to cast a villain at some point instead of DC guest stars.

I assume the exploring the Multiverse is because he creates an alternate timeline and he has to get back to his old one.
    They were at one point going to do a more straightforward adaption, but now it looks like they’re using Flash to set up the Multiverse so they can have their cake and eat it too. Multiple continuities all existing at once but siloed away from each other. That they haven’t casted Thawne (or have casted him but haven’t announced it) tells me this is a superficial adaption of Flashpoint at best
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They were at one point going to do a more straightforward adaption, but now it looks like they’re using Flash to set up the Multiverse so they can have their cake and eat it too. Multiple continuities all existing at once but siloed away from each other. That they haven’t casted Thawne (or have casted him but haven’t announced it) tells me this is a superficial adaption of Flashpoint at best
    Still an adaption at the end of the day .

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Some fans say that Snyder's vision is too dark but Hamada comes from a horror background. he makes horror films similar to the Blair Witch Project which has a reality, real world feel to it. This kind of explains BOP. This makes me uneasy for the upcoming films under his guidance except for BA and Flash which started before he came aboard.
    Does it explain Shazam? Hamada oversaw that.

BANNED

706F9613-1777-41DD-849A-2022A04F5BC9.jpg

I saw this other day and thought it was hilarious

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That's pretty close. And he's a good actor.

Cool.
    Looks like they’re going with Kent Nelson. Kinda surprised they didn’t go with Khalid given the big diversity push going on at WB.

WB/DC needs to be careful the Snyder fans are DC fans at the end of the day. If you alienate them too much after the Snyder cuts success then you risk the same problem occurring all over again

Imo fandom division is big business right now
    Look at the state of star wars and that's a much bigger media property than DC yet almost all discussions around it have been hijacked

Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson!? Woah .

The only Justice Society member they did not racebend was of course the old white dude. lol Shocker. But hey, it's Bond.