Page 755 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2556557057457517527537547557567577587597658058551255 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,325 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cool.

Looks like they’re going with Kent Nelson. Kinda surprised they didn’t go with Khalid given the big diversity push going on at WB.
    It’s not impossible that Khalid’s reserved either for the JLD stuff on HBO Max, or the passing the mantle is being saved for any JSA film they have planned

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It’s not impossible that Khalid’s reserved either for the JLD stuff on HBO Max, or the passing the mantle is being saved for any JSA film they have planned
    With how much Ann Sarnof keeps talking about how interconnected WB is these days, I'd be shocked if Bad Robot and New Line aren't communicating with each other about Dr. Fate and making sure their plans match up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The cast is already super diverse
    It be a hard complaint

Looks like they’re going with Kent Nelson. Kinda surprised they didn’t go with Khalid given the big diversity push going on at WB.
    If they wanted a diverse JSA, they already had it though. Why raceswap Hawkman when they could have Mr. Terrific or Amazing-Man there. Why raceswap Atom Smasher when Jakeem Thunder is right there. And yeah, I agree Khalid was a logical choice, too. Guess I'll never really understand decisions like that. They already had diversity to adapt and still chose the lazy way instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why raceswap Atom Smasher when Jakeem Thunder is right there.
    Because Atom Smasher and Jakeem Thunder are vastly different characters that will have vastly different effects on the narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Because Atom Smasher and Jakeem Thunder are vastly different characters that will have vastly different effects on the narrative?
    If they can't find good roles for original diverse characters on a team that already was diverse, and only feel the incessant need to keep raceswapping other characters even though the diversity they want is right there in front of them, I don't know what to say. It's not like Hawkman or Atom Smasher are some A-list heroes that would give them a lot of publicity for raceswapping, so if this is supposed to be some "I want to have my cake and eat it too" kind of thing, I guess I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-24-2021 at 05:51 PM.

If they can't find good roles for original diverse characters on a team that already was diverse, and only feel the incessant need to keep raceswapping other characters even though the diversity they want is right there in front of them, I don't know what to say. It's not like Hawkman or Atom Smasher are some A-list heroes that would give them a lot of publicity for raceswapping, so if this is supposed to be some "I want to have my cake and eat it too" kind of thing, I guess I just don't get it.
    Both Atom Smasher and Hawkman have a connection to Black Adam to capitalize on. Hawkman's whole thing these days is being reborn into different bodies and it really doesn't make any sense for a character so tied to ancient Egypt to be white, but that point's debatable. But to ask why not use the guy who can do anything he wants instead of the guy who grows real tall is disingenuous.

Hmm, they are introducing a lot of JSA characters in one go - it can work, so long they don't pack too many plot/story lines as they did with BvS; also provided that WB doesn't mandate 2 hours running time.

JL could have worked with 3-3.5 hours, to provide us enough context for the new characters. JSA would need something along those lines.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

It's just the four Justice Society members. The Rock just tweeted about Brosnan's casting and referred to him as the final member of the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's just the four Justice Society members. The Rock just tweeted about Brosnan's casting and referred to him as the final member of the JSA.
    Atom Smasher, Hawkman, Cyclone and now Doctor Fate, right? Black Adam and Four others. Hmm, I suppose we will see.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Incredible Member

Sure why the hell not. JSA is a rolling at this point. Also for those complaining it's not hard to have Kent pass the mantle on in a later movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Both Atom Smasher and Hawkman have a connection to Black Adam to capitalize on. Hawkman's whole thing these days is being reborn into different bodies and it really doesn't make any sense for a character so tied to ancient Egypt to be white, but that point's debatable. But to ask why not use the guy who can do anything he wants instead of the guy who grows real tall is disingenuous.
    How? One was originally created to be a person of color, just like the other characters I previously mentioned. "Disingenuous"? I'm not interested in whatever narrative you have made up in your mind about me and it's not about whether Hawkman or Atom Smasher "have" to be white, all I pointed out was the JSA was already diverse for adaptation.

Just catching up with the Black Adam casting. So, is Atom Smasher Sephardi now, or is he being goy-washed?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Cool.

Given how diverse the already cast is, I can see why they think Nelson works, because he can lead into Khalid in future projects.

How? One was originally created to be a person of color, just like the other characters I previously mentioned. "Disingenuous"? I'm not interested in whatever narrative you have made up in your mind about me and it's not about whether Hawkman or Atom Smasher "have" to be white, all I pointed out was the JSA was already diverse for adaptation.
    You know the difference between a guy who can grow really tall and a kid who can reshape reality with his words, I don’t know why you’re pretending you need me to explain it to you. The idea that these two characters are interchangeable because they’re both on the same team is a narrative you made up, not me.