Page 756 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2566567067467527537547557567577587597607668068561256 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 20948

cool. james bond, will ferrel's dad, now dr. fate. not a bad resume.

The casting of this movie is so left field I love it. You don't know who is going to play who. I'm here for James Bond and Dr Fate.

Wow that is so cool, I never saw it coming to be honest.

It took a hollywood movie to finally make the JSA a diverse cast of heroes
    This could be a good example of raceswapping I mean all things considered DC hasn't had a bad casting apart from Eisenberg as Lex

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't see why you'd ever need an original villain for a hero that has an extensive Rogues Gallery.

It's like taking a Batman movie and he ends up having to fight some random crime boss.
    Obviously established villain works better than original one, but movie Sivana to me combines worst parts of both. He was for all intents and purposes an original villain, but he was called Sivana and that causes confusion with classical character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    You know the difference between a guy who can grow really tall and a kid who can reshape reality with his words, I don’t know why you’re pretending you need me to explain it to you. The idea that these two characters are interchangeable because they’re both on the same team is a narrative you made up, not me.
    His point is that if they want diverse cast they can adapt different JSA characters. Obviously story would be different in that case, but maybe they should think about it while writing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Some fans say that Snyder's vision is too dark but Hamada comes from a horror background. he makes horror films similar to the Blair Witch Project which has a reality, real world feel to it. This kind of explains BOP. This makes me uneasy for the upcoming films under his guidance except for BA and Flash which started before he came aboard.
    How does BoP have a real world feel to it? I watched BOP, I have the bluray. That movie is not real world feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This could be a good example of raceswapping I mean all things considered DC hasn't had a bad casting apart from Eisenberg as Lex
    Leto's Joker.
    Arguably Ezra's Flash.
    Two or three of the characters on BoP.

You know the difference between a guy who can grow really tall and a kid who can reshape reality with his words, I don’t know why you’re pretending you need me to explain it to you. The idea that these two characters are interchangeable because they’re both on the same team is a narrative you made up, not me.
    You are the one who brought up the characters' power set not me. My only claim was that if Hollywood was looking for a diverse take on the JSA, the comics already provided them with that, hence I mentioned diverse characters who were originally put in that team precisely to make it more diverse and Hollywood could've taken advantage of that when they didn't. Nothing more, nothing less. You made up this "interchangeable" narrative to try to put me in a corner to prove your point and yet you called me disingenuous. lol Whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-25-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    How does BoP have a real world feel to it? I watched BOP, I have the bluray. That movie is not real world feeling.
    It's a hyperreal world feeling with emotional connective tissue that binds the real world to it.

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    It's a hyperreal world feeling with emotional connective tissue that binds the real world to it.
    I don't know what hyperreal means...but I still can't call BoP anything with the word real in it unless it's preceded by "not". It was...wacky. It was like a very lethal looney tunes.

Do you mean hyper-violent? Because it was that. It was definitely so much that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You are the one who brought up the characters' power set not me. My only claim was that if Hollywood was looking for a diverse take on the JSA, the comics already provided them with that, hence I mentioned diverse characters who were originally put in that team precisely to make it more diverse and Hollywood could've taken advantage of that when they didn't. Nothing more, nothing less. You made up this "interchangeable" narrative to try to put me in a corner to prove your point and yet you called me disingenuous. lol Whatever floats your boat.
    "Instead of X, why not Y" means that X and Y are interchangable. I didn't make up what YOU SAID and are now frantically trying to backpeddle from

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    His point is that if they want diverse cast they can adapt different JSA characters. Obviously story would be different in that case, but maybe they should think about it while writing the story.
    And if he hadn't brought up Jakeem Thunder I wouldn't have said anything. That's a character with powers that shape the story and only work in specific contexts. That's basically saying "instead of telling the story they want, they should tell a vastly different story." Suggesting replacing Atom Smasher with Jakeem Thunder is like saying you should use Darkseid instead of Batman

And if he hadn't brought up Jakeem Thunder I wouldn't have said anything. That's a character with powers that shape the story and only work in specific contexts. That's basically saying "instead of telling the story they want, they should tell a vastly different story." Suggesting replacing Atom Smasher with Jakeem Thunder is like saying you should use Darkseid instead of Batman
    I would read Darkseid: Streets of Gotham. I'd read the hell out of that.
    Darkseid: Dark Knight Detective
    Darkseid and Robin
    Darkseid: Year One
    Darkseid: The Last Laugh
    Darkseid: Omega Beam of the Bat

"Instead of X, why not Y" means that X and Y are interchangable. I didn't make up what YOU SAID and are now frantically trying to backpeddle from
    So now I'm "backpeddling" by telling you to stop misinterpreting my comments to fit your own narrative? If you need me to further spell this out for you, the only thing I suggested by using originally diverse characters over raceswapped characters was the diversity Hollywood was looking for was already available for them to use. Simple as that. What is it about this that you can't understand and keep trying to spin it into something else? If mentioning a character like Jakeem Thunder as an example of an original diverse character they could use was the issue for you, then fine, my point was they had a diverse JSA roster they could choose to use, yet once again chose the lazy predictable way of racebending instead. "Frantically backpeddling" lol. What a joke. I'm done with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Finally? Did we all collectively hallucinate when Mr Terrfic/Michael Holt, Jakeem Thunder, Judomaster/Sonia Sato, Obsidian/Todd Rice, Amazing Man/Markus Clay, Power Girl/Karen Starr, Black Canary/Dinah Laurel Lance, Cyclone/Maxine Hunkel, Stargirl/Courtney Whitemore and Jade were all JSA members and that's not including Infinity Inc characters like Wildcat/Yolanda Montez, Dr Midnight/Beth Chapel and Mr Bones.
    Last edited by John Venus; 03-25-2021 at 08:42 AM.