Page 757 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2576577077477537547557567577587597607617678078571257 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Finally? Did we all collectively hallucinate when Mr Terrfic/Michael Holt, Jakeem Thunder, Judomaster/Sonia Sato, Obsidian/Todd Rice, Amazing Man/Markus Clay, Power Girl/Karen Starr, Black Canary/Dinah Laurel Lance, Cyclone/Maxine Hunkel, Stargirl/Courtney Whitemore and Jade were all JSA members and that's not including Infinity Inc characters like Wildcat/Yolanda Montez, Dr Midnight/Beth Chapel and Mr Bones.
    Exactly. The idea that the JSA wasn't a diverse group before the movie is total bs.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Darkseid: Dark Knight Detective
    Hey, it's Darknight. That Dark Knight stuff came later.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Finally? Did we all collectively hallucinate when Mr Terrfic/Michael Holt, Jakeem Thunder, Judomaster/Sonia Sato, Obsidian/Todd Rice, Amazing Man/Markus Clay, Power Girl/Karen Starr, Black Canary/Dinah Laurel Lance, Cyclone/Maxine Hunkel, Stargirl/Courtney Whitemore and Jade were all JSA members and that's not including Infinity Inc characters like Wildcat/Yolanda Montez, Dr Midnight/Beth Chapel and Mr Bones.
    For those who never read certain books like JSA or Infinity Inc-they wouldn't know.

Not only has JSA been diverse-those POC have done way more than be in the background or death fodder like others in other franchises.

His point is that if they want diverse cast they can adapt different JSA characters. Obviously story would be different in that case, but maybe they should think about it while writing the story.
    Correct. Diverse folks were already there.

So when Gamer Gate and the rest come a running with tiki torches along with woke Twitter-somebody needs to point out in terms of story those characters were needed. We wanted to be diverse but the actual ones we have did not fit the story. So we went with blind casting.

That ends the conversation.

However it does open the door of looking at scripts and who is being used. A point that might need to be made to those asked to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know what hyperreal means...but I still can't call BoP anything with the word real in it unless it's preceded by "not". It was...wacky. It was like a very lethal looney tunes.

Do you mean hyper-violent? Because it was that. It was definitely so much that.
    Hyperreal as in sensory overload, reallife loonie tunes, but we can use hyperviolent also. Glad we agree, Vakanai.

I’d say it’s cheating to include white women wrt representation. So I count five, including the Infinity Inc characters you listed. That’s 5 out of how many characters? A hundred? Of all BIPOC characters on this list, only Mr. Terrific has been a major character. Amazing Man was retconned into All-Star Squadron for this very reason.

Well to be fair, the JSA is no where near as diverse as other team franchises are. Teen Titans/Titans and Outsiders are easily DC’s most diverse teams! I’d put JL above JSA in that regard as well.

1) Teen Titans/Titans
    2) Outsiders
    3) Justice League
    4) Doom Patrol
    5) Suicide Squad
    6) Justice Society
    7) Justice League Dark
    8) Legion of Superheroes

Ironically the futuristic team is the least diverse!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    It took a hollywood movie to finally make the JSA a diverse cast of heroes
    This could be a good example of raceswapping I mean all things considered DC hasn't had a bad casting apart from Eisenberg as Lex
    Have you not watched Stargirl?
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Obviously established villain works better than original one, but movie Sivana to me combines worst parts of both. He was for all intents and purposes an original villain, but he was called Sivana and that causes confusion with classical character.
    I think the problem was needing to combine Black Adam and Sivana into one role since they couldn't use both.

Incredible Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Danm DC is coming hard

Like the poster
    Love the roster minus no deadshot or bronze tiger
    Still think John Cena is a meme as peacemaker
    He should be playing shazam

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Hey, it's Darknight. That Dark Knight stuff came later.

Ah, thank you for the correction.

Darkseid: Darknight Detective!

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Hyperreal as in sensory overload, reallife loonie tunes, but we can use hyperviolent also. Glad we agree, Vakanai.
    Ah - then yes, sensory overload real life loonie tunes it indeed was!

Some disagreements in life are not but the misunderstandings of language.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Exactly. The idea that the JSA wasn't a diverse group before the movie is total bs.
    That said I don't mind that they've changed the members that they went with for the movie.

Even in Geoff Johns 2002 Hawkman ongoing, it was said that Hawkman didn't always reincarnate as a white man.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For those who never read certain books like JSA or Infinity Inc-they wouldn't know.

Not only has JSA been diverse-those POC have done way more than be in the background or death fodder like others in other franchises.
    Then perhaps they should make declarations from an informed perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    IÂ’d say itÂ’s cheating to include white women wrt representation. So I count five, including the Infinity Inc characters you listed. ThatÂ’s 5 out of how many characters? A hundred? Of all BIPOC characters on this list, only Mr. Terrific has been a major character. Amazing Man was retconned into All-Star Squadron for this very reason.
    How many of them are holding down ongoings? Peeg was once chairwoman of the Society and a brief solo lead now she's almost non existent save for the occasional guest appearance in a Harley Quinn book.

Terrific was a major character but Jakeem also had his own stories both in the main JSA book and in JSA Classified. The new Amazing Man was just introduced during the Gog arc but the problem was that the JSA roster had grown to such Legion sized proportions that they were split into two books briefly. Arguably if the Nu52 hadn't come along and erased those decades worth of stories and build up, we might have gotten more stories featuring those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well to be fair, the JSA is no where near as diverse as other team franchises are. Teen Titans/Titans and Outsiders are easily DCÂ’s most diverse teams! IÂ’d put JL above JSA in that regard as well.

1) Teen Titans/Titans
    2) Outsiders
    3) Justice League
    4) Doom Patrol
    5) Suicide Squad
    6) Justice Society
    7) Justice League Dark
    8) Legion of Superheroes

Ironically the futuristic team is the least diverse!
    I agree about Titans. Though I don't think the JL is more diverse than the JSA.

Astonishing Member

I suspect that Stargirl probably has dibs on a lot of Infinity Inc or Johns/Robinson JSA’rs

That said I don't mind that they've changed the members that they went with for the movie.

Even in Geoff Johns 2002 Hawkman ongoing, it was said that Hawkman didn't always reincarnate as a white man.

Then perhaps they should make declarations from an informed perspective.

How many of them are holding down ongoings? Peeg was once chairwoman of the Society and a brief solo lead now she's almost non existent save for the occasional guest appearance in a Harley Quinn book.

Terrific was a major character but Jakeem also had his own stories both in the main JSA book and in JSA Classified. The new Amazing Man was just introduced during the Gog arc but the problem was that the JSA roster had grown to such Legion sized proportions that they were split into two books briefly. Arguably if the Nu52 hadn't come along and erased those decades worth of stories and build up, we might have gotten more stories featuring those characters.

I agree about Titans. Though I don't think the JL is more diverse than the JSA.
    The JSA has Mr Terrific, Amazing Man, Jakeem Thunder and Judomaster. If we include the Infinity Inc members then there is Wildcat and Dr Midnight. That’s 6 out of how many? And none of them have any long tenures with the team apart from Mr Terrific and Jakeem...

The JLA has John, Jessica, Simon and Kyle Green Lantern, Black Lightning, Cyborg, Vixen, Atom (Ryan), Firestorm (Jason) and if you include the JLI then they have Dr Light, Blue Beetle (Jaime), and Fire. I’d say that’s a longer list than the JSA and with more popular characters too
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!