Page 762 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2626627127527587597607617627637647657667728128621262 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    It’s being produced by her not directed. And will likely be an HBO Max DC film (likewise for The Trench)
    I thought it was a series?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I thought it was a series?
    I thought it was an animated series.

Does Black Adam take place in the present?
    I wonder how the JSA will work. Will the team have its WWII history? If so, will they have crossed paths with Wonder Woman already?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Does Black Adam take place in the present?
    I wonder how the JSA will work. Will the team have its WWII history? If so, will they have crossed paths with Wonder Woman already?
    As far as we know it's in the present-day and probably around the same timeframe as when Billy became Shazam (although who knows if they'll even mention him).

If they're going for the reincarnation angel then I think it's likely the JSA will have a long history as a group and this is just the current roster.

Extraordinary Member

The showrunner for HBO Max's Gotham PD series responding to concerns that the show would be about "the good cops":

https://twitter.com/JoeBarton_/statu...57575538405378

That "Safety" movie has 55 on Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/saf...MCD-06-10aaa1c

This is... I dunno...

I'm guessing Coogler at least on the script was too much to ask.

I really wanted a Static movie to hit it lights out and put Static on the map, cinema-wise.

If this film ends up having the same director (Hudlin), then I might need to abandon all hope.

I'm kinda depressed right now...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as we know it's in the present-day and probably around the same timeframe as when Billy became Shazam (although who knows if they'll even mention him).

If they're going for the reincarnation angel then I think it's likely the JSA will have a long history as a group and this is just the current roster.
    IIRC isn't Black Adam the previous champion mentioned in Shazam that went rogue. Wouldn't that mean that Black Adam takes place before Shazam

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The showrunner for HBO Max's Gotham PD series responding to concerns that the show would be about "the good cops":

Well, we are talking about the GCPD here, but it kind of defeats the point if at least Jim Gordon isn't "good."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    IIRC isn't Black Adam the previous champion mentioned in Shazam that went rogue. Wouldn't that mean that Black Adam takes place before Shazam
    I mean, if it takes place before Shazam then you'd think someone would've mentioned Adam getting unsealed and ruling his own nation. I think the modern day segment is going to take place after Billy's become the Champion.

The sensible choice would be to set it in the present day but you never know with DC/WB.

I thought it was an animated series.
    I looked it up and it hasn't been confirmed either way. It's a project and the story was written by Patty and Geoff Johns. No word on whether it's going to live action show or movie or whether it will be animated. It's set between the first WW and WW84 will supposedly impact WW3. So I will call it the Amazon project until we get more details.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I wouldn't be against problematizing policing as a solution to crime in a Batman story. Obviously violence is central to the Batman fantasy, but he has more resources at his disposal and can be creative. He can punch but also build, and can expose corruption/incompetence at the GCPD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I wouldn't be against problematizing policing as a solution to crime in a Batman story. Obviously violence is central to the Batman fantasy, but he has more resources at his disposal and can be creative. He can punch but also build, and can expose corruption/incompetence at the GCPD.
    It seems like part of Bruce's arc in The Batman is learning that Batman can be more than just punching criminals because that aspect hasn't been as effective as he was hoping by the time of the movie.

I know it was said this show would deal with the GCPD reacting to Batman showing up, though I wonder if he's going to deliberately target the corruption in the police force at all.

Incredible Member

Well, we are talking about the GCPD here, but it kind of defeats the point if at least Jim Gordon isn't "good."
    I mean if we follow the recent attitude that if a good cop doesn't speak out against the bad cops is he really a good cop then yeah Gordon wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I mean if we follow the recent attitude that if a good cop doesn't speak out against the bad cops is he really a good cop then yeah Gordon wouldn't be.
    Pretty interesting if we finally get that anti cop show from Batman of all places

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    But an in-character Gordon probably would. Or at least he'd be more strategic about it because he knows what they'd do to a "rat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Pretty interesting if we finally get that anti cop show from Batman of all places
    Batwoman's been pretty anti-cop this season.

I wouldn’t expect or ever hope that the GCPD would be portrayed in a heroic light. They’re supposed to be one of the most corrupt police departments around. Gordon and Montoya are two of the few “good cops” on the force.