Page 764 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2646647147547607617627637647657667677687748148641264 ... LastLast
Results 11,446 to 11,460 of 20948
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s hilarious looking back how Finger wanted to kill off Joker because he was worried Joker constantly killing people and escaping from prison would make Batman look incompetent.
    How would that make Batman look incompetent? Bruce isn't in charge of the prison system in Gotham. At any rate, Finger was wrong about trying to get rid of the most popular supervillain of them all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    To a doctor life is sacred and Thomas Wayne was a doctor. Bruce does not kill to honor his father. I don't get people who want Bruce to kill Joker like any random action flick hero
    Heh. I always get the impression many of the people who say that don't like Batman in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You know, I've given that point made above about superheroes killing accidently some thought. Pretty much every time Superman catches someone on screen falling from a great height, he kills them. Lois, Jimmy, doesn't matter, random dude falling from crane in Superman Returns----he's dead, crushed by Superman's harder than steel arms since Supes never took a physics class and didn't know that suddenly catching a person with no give is like waiting for them to hit the ground---it's not going to end well. Oh well, just a thought. Wish they'd get a consultant to tell them how to do it right.
    Yeah, the writers need to get up to speed about that, though I wouldn't hold my breath over it.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I get the not killing unless it is an absolute last resort but the honoring his father being a doctor part is morally dubious for a character who's M.O is jumping out the shadows and beating people to a pulp or maiming them or crippling them. "I didn't kill them but I left them with life changing injuries" isn't really a strong moral position to take.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    How would that make Batman look incompetent? Bruce isn't in charge of the prison system in Gotham. At any rate, Finger was wrong about trying to get rid of the most popular supervillain of them all.
    Clearly he was right considering people do make fun of Batman for not being able to keep his villains locked up or being willing to kill them despite them being mass murderers. It’s Bruce’s “fault” because he’s supposed to be stopping crime and since his preptime ability has been memed to Batgod levels it makes him look stupid for having contingencies for a rogue JL but not for breakouts at Arkham considering the latter happens all the time.

But it’s also part and parcel of how ongoings work so I don’t consider it Bruce’s “fault” anymore than Lex is Superman’s or Goblin is Spidey’s.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What would be your thoughts if WB got Snyder to make a Crime Syndicate movie?
    I don't think he'd be up for it, but it could be a pretty big marketing move for them.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I get the not killing unless it is an absolute last resort but the honoring his father being a doctor part is morally dubious for a character who's M.O is jumping out the shadows and beating people to a pulp or maiming them or crippling them. "I didn't kill them but I left them with life changing injuries" isn't really a strong moral position to take.
    That would require realism where its not needed. Why dress up like a bat in the first place? Superhero comics thrive in a Grey area. Also if you rob someone you are asking for a beating and you accept the risk like a box pro

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Clearly he was right considering people do make fun of Batman for not being able to keep his villains locked up or being willing to kill them despite them being mass murderers. It’s Bruce’s “fault” because he’s supposed to be stopping crime and since his preptime ability has been memed to Batgod levels it makes him look stupid for having contingencies for a rogue JL but not for breakouts at Arkham considering the latter happens all the time.

But it’s also part and parcel of how ongoings work so I don’t consider it Bruce’s “fault” anymore than Lex is Superman’s or Goblin is Spidey’s.
    I think it makes the police and legal system look incompetent, and if we want Batman to make his own gulag or something to throw his villains in without any trial and he's judge and jury, it has the side effect of making him look more frightening in a way he maybe wasn't intended. Like someone else said (i think John Venus), if he is more effective than the cops but is coming at it from the perspective that the cops are "too soft" then it has the side effect of being pro-police brutality or something. But if we have the more compassionate restrained Batman like he was in the old school (at least in comparison) but his foes are still piling up bodies left and right, he looks incompetent there too. And we all know death isn't the end in the Big Two, it's pretty much a vacation. if Batman finally says "eff it" and kills the Joker, he'd be back from the dead in a couple years tops. Considering the universe they live in, he may even gain demonic powers in Hell and come back to Earth ten times worse.

It's like you said, due to the limitations of big two ongoings, there is literally nothing this poor bastard (or any of the heroes) can do that will effectively stop their villains in the long term.

It’s hilarious looking back how Finger wanted to kill off Joker because he was worried Joker constantly killing people and escaping from prison would make Batman look incompetent.
    And instead we get Joker's inexplicable ability to cheat death.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it makes the police and legal system look incompetent, and if we want Batman to make his own gulag or something to throw his villains in without any trial and he's judge and jury, it has the side effect of making him look more frightening in a way he maybe wasn't intended. Like someone else said (i think John Venus), if he is more effective than the cops but is coming at it from the perspective that the cops are "too soft" then it has the side effect of being pro-police brutality or something. But if we have the more compassionate restrained Batman like he was in the old school (at least in comparison) but his foes are still piling up bodies left and right, he looks incompetent there too. And we all know death isn't the end in the Big Two, it's pretty much a vacation. if Batman finally says "eff it" and kills the Joker, he'd be back from the dead in a couple years tops. Considering the universe they live in, he may even gain demonic powers in Hell and come back to Earth ten times worse.

It's like you said, due to the limitations of big two ongoings, there is literally nothing this poor bastard (or any of the heroes) can do that will effectively stop their villains in the long term.
    This reminds me of season 1 of The Flash where they were stashing all the Supervillains in their own secret prison that we weren't even sure was getting food or had a bathroom until way later in the season.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think he'd be up for it, but it could be a pretty big marketing move for them.
    Considering the initial plan was for Superman to turn evil and for Batman to hook up with and impregnate Lois I’d argue they came pretty close already. Maybe not CSA maybe more Justice Lord

I'd be less interested in it than if it were given to another director.
    I like the Crime Syndicate. But I got my Snyderverse movies. Get someone else to do a CSA.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

That link is not to the article.
    I wouldn't be sad if this was true. Ezra was the worst pick out of JL cast. He just wasn't playing Barry Allen at all (which isn't totally his fault, I know).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Eeesh. Well, that ship has sailed

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think a Crime Syndicate story would be right up his alley