Page 768 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2686687187587647657667677687697707717727788188681268 ... LastLast
Results 11,506 to 11,520 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Play the guessing game for the future dceu films.
    We know which ones by the way that will be big screen and hbo max.
    Others we don't know yet but have a idea.
    Which ones will be hbo max,big screen or Canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Update.
    DC Extended Universe

Future films

Other films in development

Television series

Other series in development

Canceled and reworked projects
    You can probably add Harley vs Joker, Deadshot, Gotham City Sirens, Booster Gold, Lobo Untitled Joker and Nightwing to the cancelled list. None of them have received updates in years and their creative teams have since moved on to other projects. Plus those were all from the pre-Hamada times. I’d say our list looks like this:

Releasing Soon
    The Suicide Squad(2021)
    The Batman (2022)
    Black Adam (2022)
    The Flash (2022)
    Aquaman 2 (2022)
    Shazam 2 (2023)

In Development (director attached)
    Blackhawks
    Blue Beetle
    Wonder Woman 3

In Development (Producer attached)
    Amazons
    Hourman
    Static Shock
    Superman Reboot

In Development
    Green Lanterns
    Batgirl
    Plastic Woman
    Supergirl
    Zatanna

Of that list, I can see Blue Beetle, Static Shock and possibly Green Lanterns (assuming it gets a director soon) making 2023. With 2024 going to WW3, Supergirl, Batgirl and Zatanna (all female year!)
    Last edited by Samm; 04-01-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    You can probably add Harley vs Joker, Deadshot, Gotham City Sirens, Booster Gold, Lobo Untitled Joker and Nightwing to the cancelled list. None of them have received updates in years and their creative teams have since moved on to other projects. Plus those were all from the pre-Hamada times. I’d say our list looks like this:

Releasing Soon
    The Suicide Squad(2021)
    The Batman (2022)
    Black Adam (2022)
    The Flash (2022)
    Aquaman 2 (2022)
    Shazam 2 (2023)

Blackhawks
    Blue Beetle
    Wonder Woman 3

Amazons
    Hourman
    Static Shock
    Superman Reboot

In Development
    Green Lanterns
    Batgirl
    Plastic Woman
    Supergirl
    Zatanna

Of that list, I can see Blue Beetle, Static Shock and possibly Green Lanterns (assuming it gets a director soon) making 2023. With 2024 going to WW3, Supergirl, Batgirl and Zatanna (all female year!)
    The batman film that is on the canceled dceu list is the ben affleck one.
    The new one is not listed as a dceu film.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-01-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Damn, that's a lot of movies. I don't see how they'll release even half of them in the next 5 years.
    I agree with whoever said they should just stop announcing movies so early on. The constant cancellations make them look bad and unorganized.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed. One would think people would actually want to know more about the New Gods after watching the Snyder Cut.
    I'm not sad about the Trench, but New Gods seems like a huge missed opportunity to have a cosmic saga that's full of heart.
    I wonder if the real reason is they want to avoid comparisons with Marvel's Eternals? Which would be ironic as hell.

It's getting pretty hard to have faith in WB's management of DC characters.
    From some of the leaked plot of Eternals from a test screening, it doesn't seem like that film is a slam dunk.
    But maybe if it is a success, it'll push WB to go forward with the New Gods film.
    Now, if we're not going to get a New Gods film, perhaps several of the New Gods themselves can be sprinkled in DC films, i.e. Barbara and Scott in a new JL film or a confrontation between Orion and the GLC or a Fury or Parardemon in the Suicide Squad or the Forever People vs the Shazam Family.
    Perhaps building more demand for the characters can build more momentum for their own film.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This. I was just about to say, that I can't believe somebody would say something is 'too comic booky' in an era where Rocket Raccoon is a household name.

Gunn delivered two hits with GotG Vol 1 and Vol2 and was an EP on IW and EG; two of the biggest movies ever. He has clout. This is all part of WB's effort to make their various departments inter connected so that the movies can flow into shows and vice versa. They probably saw something in Cena's Peacemaker to give him a spin off (and maybe Gunn even pushed for it). They are now making movies with the intent of them having spin offs.
    This is true about spin-offs. Every DC film is said to have an HBO Max option for spin-offs that connect film to TV.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Damn, that's a lot of movies. I don't see how they'll release even half of them in the next 5 years.
    I agree with whoever said they should just stop announcing movies so early on. The constant cancellations make them look bad and unorganized.
    Well... odds are they won’t.

New Gods was cancelled the Monday after A Wrinkle In Time bombed. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It doesn’t matter much. Guardians as a property would’ve been a tough sell for most studios, certainly if you were convincing a studio to pour a hundred million dollar budget into a quirky sci-if movie with such out there stuff like a talking raccoon and a tree but Marvel pulled it off.
    Yeah, because they had the capital of their earlier successes to bank on

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    New Gods was cancelled the Monday after A Wrinkle In Time bombed. Let’s not kid ourselves.
    Wrinkle in Time came out the same month that New Gods was announced, and there were news articles about it for years afterwards, none of this is consistent with your view.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Sucks about New Gods being cancelled as that could of been something different to your usual standard Superhero flick. I can't say I'm surprised though since only a handful of movies developed by most studios end up being made. Most of these DC films in development aren't getting made anytime soon.

Marvel has the good sense to not talk about properties that are not certain to make their slate. Inhumans is the only thing they announced that never got made into a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think putting the breaks on New Gods might be a good decision considering how messy her last big budget blockbuster was. It might be a good idea to see how Naomi works out first. If that's well done, then Warners might have more confidence in her ability to tackle a project this ambitious.
    This. If they're really only going to focus on standalone projects it's going to be hard enough to garner continued fan excitement without the added detriment of fans having no faith in which projects are actually going to get made.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-02-2021 at 01:50 AM.

Releasing Soon
    The Suicide Squad(2021)
    The Batman (2022)
    Black Adam (2022)
    The Flash (2022)
    Aquaman 2 (2022)
    Shazam 2 (2023)

Blackhawks
    Blue Beetle
    Wonder Woman 3

Amazons
    Hourman
    Static Shock
    Superman Reboot

In Development
    Green Lanterns
    Batgirl
    Plastic Woman
    Supergirl
    Zatanna

When was Plastic Woman announced? Somehow missed that. Also when was Supergirl announced? I know she's been casted for Flash, but haven't seen the news for a solo (not disagreeing with you, honestly interested in when the news got dropped). Definitely agree with you that this is what the current DC slate actually looks like, although I'm not sure on those release years.
    Now, which of the movies in development will actually make it to film is another question, but of those I'm rooting for Blue Beetle, Hourman, Static, Batgirl, and Zatanna.

Releasing Soon
    The Suicide Squad(2021)
    The Batman (2022)
    Black Adam (2022)
    The Flash (2022)
    Aquaman 2 (2022)
    Shazam 2 (2023)

Blackhawks
    Blue Beetle
    Wonder Woman 3

Amazons
    Hourman
    Static Shock
    Superman Reboot

In Development
    Green Lanterns
    Batgirl
    Plastic Woman
    Supergirl
    Zatanna

When was the last update on Blackhawks? It's dead I think.

The Hollywood Reporter article that announced the cancellation of New Gods and The Trench listed the movies in development and those coming soon. I have a feeling those are the only projects alive at the moment.

Except for The Batman, which is set on an alternate Earth known to geeks as Earth-2, DC is plotting its films and shows to share the same universe. Key to setting up its new status quo will be The Flash (Nov. 4, 2022), which will tackle the multiverse and is said to also lend clarity to the future of the Justice League with multiple Batmen, as well as Supergirl, appearing.

Other projects on the slate due out in 2022-23 include Warners' and New Line's Black Adam (July 29, 2022) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (June 2, 2023), as well as Warners' Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock.

Zatanna and a third Wonder Woman are also in development, while an upcoming Superman, from producer J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Ta-Nehisi Coates, is too early in development to say if it will be connected to the larger DC Universe or if, like The Batman, it will stand on its own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    What connects those two?