Page 78 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182881281785781078 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Extremely strong numbers in all markets. WOM is strong in this one.
    I gotta say it...Outrageous .

Extremely strong numbers in all markets. WOM is strong in this one.
    great to hear. hope shazam gets strong numbers as well.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

In an interview with The New York Times, Wan was asked whether he was able to put his on stamp on Aquaman, despite its larger connections within the DC Extended Universe. "It's pretty crazy. For as big a movie as Aquaman is, I could not have had more freedom," Wan said. "I had all the big tools and the budget to paint on a really big canvas, but with the freedom I had on, let's say, Saw or Insidious. So if the movie works, or doesn't work, I have no one to blame but myself."

https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-james-wa...if-film-fails/

Mighty Member

I just got done with seeing an advance screening for Aquaman like two hours ago. Do yourselves a favor and PLEASE SEE THIS FRAGGING MOVIE!!!!!! Support it, don't let dc movies from the past cloud your judgement. And yes, there is an mid-credit scene. I hope that's not a spoiler, spoiler tags don't work for me.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

The camera work is pretty impressive.

Nice eye candy for the Holiday season. Tons of action/
    The J-man

I saw Aquaman and I liked it ...very minor nitpicks but so enjoyable.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-15-2018 at 11:32 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Aquaman is stunning, beautiful, exciting and fun. It’s nowhere near the masterpiece that Wonder Woman is, but you’ll be amazed at what James wan did with Aquaman. I never expected this film to be such a huge firm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I just got done with seeing an advance screening for Aquaman like two hours ago. Do yourselves a favor and PLEASE SEE THIS FRAGGING MOVIE!!!!!! Support it, don't let dc movies from the past cloud your judgement. And yes, there is an mid-credit scene. I hope that's not a spoiler, spoiler tags don't work for me.
    Use [ SPOIL ] and [ /SPOIL ]

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Boxoffice
    @BoxOffice
    AQUAMAN
    $263.1M Overseas/Global Total (43 Markets)#Aquaman #BoxOffice
    Should hit around 350 M WW before it is released in the US. This could very well hit 1B WW. I never thought I'd see Aquaman do this well at the BO.

Should hit around 350 M WW before it is released in the US. This could very well hit 1B WW. I never thought I'd see Aquaman do this well at the BO.
    Bruh, a Black Panther movie made more than double the money that Justice League did. Marvel is developing a Shang-Chi movie, that could end up outdoing BP for all we know. At this point the sky is the limit. The level of popularity of the characters means nothing anymore. I'm glad that Aquaman is kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Bruh, a Black Panther movie made more than double the money that Justice League did. Marvel is developing a Shang-Chi movie, that could end up outdoing BP for all we know. At this point the sky is the limit. The level of popularity of the characters means nothing anymore. I'm glad that Aquaman is kicking ass.
    Well Black Panther was considered culturally significant while Aquaman has been considered a joke for a long time. Kinda different circumstances. So the fact that Aquaman is generating such positive buzz and a potentially massive box office is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well Black Panther was considered culturally significant while Aquaman has been considered a joke for a long time. Kinda different circumstances. So the fact that Aquaman is generating such positive buzz and a potentially massive box office is pretty impressive.
    Add on-top of that the dubious track record of DC movies with the general public, and it's even more impressive.

I saw it last night. I have never been an Aquaman fan, but I just might be now. See this film for sure guys! Momoa is fantastic, and Heard's Mera was my favorite part, she stole the movie imo. So feirce, so graceful, and gorgeous to boot. Orm was also a highlight.

Man of Steel is still my favorite DCEU film, but this one ranks up there. I need to see it a few more times to be certain, but I might enjoy this one more than Wonder Woman, which I also loved.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yep. Marvel proved this and Aquaman is proving it now. Shazam is looking promising and if its a hit with kids and audiences hes going to take off. I don't want to hear "But Batman and Superman sells" excuses anymore.