Page 787 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2876877377777837847857867877887897907917978378871287 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,805 of 20948
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It is funny that once something flops, WB just tries to wash their hands of it instead of giving it a good reboot and making it better. If they were in charge of marvel, it never would've gotten to where it is today.

I dont understand why they just dont make a new JL movie....that is good. Obviously Cyborg would be out, bring in GL and another female character. Call it The Justice League.
    Yep! Core six plus Black Canary/Hawkgirl

Clearly we need another reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Clearly we need another reboot.
    I think the Flash movie might be intended to reboot the DCEU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think the Flash movie might be intended to reboot the DCEU.
    That seems to be the case because there will be 2 Batmen in the movie. But if the movie fails then they should end the DCEU. Let Wonder Woman and Aquaman finish their trilogies and start from scratch. But it's WB and they always make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It is funny that once something flops, WB just tries to wash their hands of it instead of giving it a good reboot and making it better. If they were in charge of marvel, it never would've gotten to where it is today.

I dont understand why they just dont make a new JL movie....that is good. Obviously Cyborg would be out, bring in GL and another female character. Call it The Justice League.
    TBF they have stuck by Shazam, with the sequel looking to have an even bigger budget than the first with more stars joining the fray.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    That seems to be the case because there will be 2 Batmen in the movie. But if the movie fails then they should end the DCEU. Let Wonder Woman and Aquaman finish their trilogies and start from scratch. But it's WB and they always make things worse.
    The DCEU is ending either way...or at least the one we know.
    Its all loosely based already and flash will only make this even looser.

Shazam is pretty much its own universe(despite the Snyder superman cameo, Suicide Squad(the new one), Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Black Adam.
    Then you have this reported Superman reboot, the fact that The batman is taking place on earth 2.

Its not a matter of Success or Failing i think.
    WW and Aquaman will more than likely get their trilogies and get rebooted later on.

But thats just what i assume, the whole Flashpoint movie is too vague with infos at the moment, so we can not in any way predict what might happen.

My worry is if they fail with the Flash movie they'll be lazy and just attach a new DCEU onto earth 2/The Batman's universe, despite it not looking like it's designed well for a shared universe. Which would just be DC/WB not learning from their mistakes at all.

My worry is if they fail with the Flash movie they'll be lazy and just attach a new DCEU onto earth 2/The Batman's universe, despite it not looking like it's designed well for a shared universe.
    Well... the animated movies are doing just that currently with The Long Halloween being the first Batman story in the new rebooted universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well... the animated movies are doing just that currently with The Long Halloween being the first Batman story in the new rebooted universe.
    I'm not happy about that actually - trust me, it wouldn't take you long to track down some posts of me bitching about the stupid decision to include this classic as part of their new stupid shared universe reboot. They took my favorite comic book of all time, a movie adaptation I've been hoping for, and made me kind of dread it.

And even then it's still not quite the same. As idiotic as I personally feel it is to make The Long Halloween a part of their new stupid shared universe, the actual comic itself co-exists with the rest of the DCU of the time it came out quite well. It was made by a traditional DC comic book writer/artist team for a traditional Batman take/world that's traditionally fit in a traditional DCU. That seems to be completely different from what we're getting with The Batman, which if anything looks closer to the more grounded The Dark Knight film trilogy take. Basically, this film looks to be designed solely to be a great Batman movie in a world that's not well thought out for being part of a shared universe. So WB later deciding to glom onto it to reboot their whole cinematic shared universe plans is, well...stupid and ill advised in my personal opinion.

Like I said, it's the sort of thing that shows that WB can't really think about the right way to set up a universe, and is just flinging stuff at the wall to see what sticks in their continuing mad dash to catch up to Marvel Studios and the MCU.

They haven’t even confirmed that they’re doing a new shared universe yet, let alone that The Long Halloween would be part of it. It takes more than a house style to make a shared universe

Incredible Member

They did that previously with Batman: Hush and looked at what happened. People hated it. I prefer The Long Halloween be standalone. It will be divided into 2 parts. I prefer they stick to standalone movies because their previous animated universe ( the DCAMU) wasn't particularly well received. Even Justice Society: World War 2 isn't being well received. The criticism is mainly towards the plot, but Wonder Woman and Black Canary were amazing. Having the same animation style doesn't mean it will be in the same universe. Despite the similar designs, animation, and voice cast, Superman: Brainiac Attacks is not considered a sequel to Superman: The Animated Series nor is it connected to the DC Animated Universe.
    Last edited by Veni; 05-02-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    They haven’t even confirmed that they’re doing a new shared universe yet, let alone that The Long Halloween would be part of it. It takes more than a house style to make a shared universe
    Having the same animation style doesn't mean it will be in the same universe. Despite the similar designs, animation, and voice cast, Superman: Brainiac Attacks is not considered a sequel to Superman: The Animated Series nor is it connected to the DC Animated Universe.
    You two have more faith than me. Good luck you optimists, good luck.

Umm... Man of Tomorrow's Superman is in the Justice Society film so doesn't that already make it a shared universe? They may choose to have The Long Halloween be based on its own Earth but I doubt it.

Umm... Man of Tomorrow's Superman is in the Justice Society film so doesn't that already make it a shared universe? They may choose to have The Long Halloween be based on its own Earth but I doubt it.
    Oh TLH is gonna be a part of the shared universe. And they're stupid for making it so.

Oh TLH is gonna be a part of the shared universe. And they're stupid for making it so.
    What's stupid about it? I don't think they're gonna change the story at all.