Page 804 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3047047547948008018028038048058068078088148549041304 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I've yet to see WB pin the failure of a movie or TV show on diversity.
    How many solo WW projects have they green lit again? And how does it stack up to the number of Superman and Batman projects they've green lit? How many projects have woman or poc lead and wasn't produced by the CW?

I would love a Steel movie. Plus the giant hammer would be super cool in fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    How many solo WW projects have they green lit again? And how does it stack up to the number of Superman and Batman projects they've green lit? How many projects have woman or poc lead and wasn't produced by the CW?
    Heck, a lot of her fans even complain about what we do get and not always for a good reason.

Ah, so no one has said it's Clark Kent, then.
    I lean towards Calvin Ellis because:

1. Ellis is getting a pretty big push in the comics.
    2. Kent is being retired as Superman in favor of his son.
    Well, you're certainly free to lean that way. Doesn't change that all signs point to a race swapped Clark. Every article written has been assuming it's Clark, the way everyone interviewed about it says things that only make sense if it's a black Clark Kent. The only possible evidence that they aren't race changing Clark is the fact that they haven't come out and actually said "It's a black Clark y'all." And that's probably only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I still find it weird that Steel isn't getting another shot. John Henry Irons is like Superman mixed with Iron Man and he is black. You would think Steel would at least make an appearance in one of these DC shows.
    Right? I hope he at least makes an appearance in a later season of Superman and Lois, but Steel should be headlining his own major film trilogy. He's always been one of my favorite non-Trinity characters ever since Superman The Animated Series. He's just so cool.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like "Kazam" is the far more infamous Shaq movie, so Steel's cinematic reputation shouldn't be bad enough to prevent him from appearing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When was the last time you remember people talking about the Shaq movie? It doesn't really have a presence in pop culture.
    And the Halle Berry Catwoman movie didn’t stop them from casting a black Catwoman for the Batman, so I’d be upset if Steel is still blamed for that flop.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

I don’t know if ‘Iron Man with Thor’s hammer’ is a direction WB would be too eager to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    I don’t know if ‘Iron Man with Thor’s hammer’ is a direction WB would be too eager to go in.
    As long as it isn't so blatantly ripping off those two characters as we like to use that comparison.

Ultimate Member

I've yet to see WB pin the failure of a movie or TV show on diversity.
    One of the heads of Marvel used Steel and Catwoman to justify NOT doing Black Panther and Cap Marvel.

The HEAD of Disney confirmed that. Now if that was going on at Disney IMAGINE what other studios were doing.

We pay attention to what you greenlight or what you are trying to get.

The CW has been around for 15 years. 9 of those years have excluded POC lead shows. Nikita & Jane The Virgin mark the FEW times they chose to target WOMEN of COLOR. Otherwise that network only went for shows that would attract WHITE WOMEN. It also most put them out of business. They had to ax their local new shows because that is how bad it was. The DC shows SAVED them.

Some of these studios LOOK for a reason to exclude us. As one person pointed out-"a black show with ratings will still get the axed in favor of a overhyped white show."

Static Shock could NOT get a toy line despite killing everyone in the ratings not named Digimon. Meanwhile Max Steel with low ratings did.

The Hughleys was ABC's HIGHEST rated new show in season 1. It got renewed LAST MINUTE. While Sports News got an early renewal with low ratings.

The reason 90210 existed was because Fox got told to screw itself after the show that they WANTED saw the changes Fox wanted done. That show in question??? Degrassi-the show that gave us Degrassi Next Generation. Degrassi was diverse. 90210 was NOT and Aaron Spelling apologized for it in 1993.

Tyler Perry told off the studios when he saw the changes THEY wanted.

It's NOT by accident on some shows the POC (especially black male) is the least developed.

That is pandering to an echo chamber.

When was the last time you remember people talking about the Shaq movie? It doesn't really have a presence in pop culture.
    Most folks don't know that movie is on dvd. I never saw it in a store and nobody shows that movie on network tv.

Heck, a lot of her fans even complain about what we do get and not always for a good reason.
    Because what they got at times doesn't measure to what could have been.

Remember Wonder Woman almost had her own toy line with Fire and Ice (using She-ra toy molds) in the 1990s.

Yet like Static someone thought no one would buy them.

Ultimate Member

That is NOT Thor's Hammer nor Iron Man's armor.

His name is John Henry for a REASON.

How many guys in "Iron Man" type armor have we seen??? Especially from a galaxy far far away?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because what they got at times doesn't measure to what could have been.

Remember Wonder Woman almost had her own toy line with Fire and Ice (using She-ra toy molds) in the 1990s.

Yet like Static someone thought no one would buy them.
    I'm not talking about years past, I'm talking about how much content Wonder Woman has this year, all of it showing great care for the character, even if not in the way some people want. But all of the content she's had portrays her as an important hero. Yet there are fans that actually say this is the worst state Wonder Woman has been in, which is not true in any way whatsoever.

We know what the character could be at her best (Martson, Perez, Rucka, Jiminez) so why should we settle for less or anything mediocre?

DC's also done a lot damage by adapting the Zeus origin for her movie and making it the prevailing origin for her for the general audience.

We may be getting more content but there are valid complaints about all of them.

There is also the John Henry angle. I can't recall any other Big Two superhero based on that folk story. Focus on that angle and let a writer/director go to town with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We know what the character could be at her best (Martson, Perez, Rucka, Jiminez) so why should we settle for less or anything mediocre?

DC's also done a lot damage by adapting the Zeus origin for her movie and making it the prevailing origin for her for the general audience.

We may be getting more content but there are valid complaints about all of them.
    This. Making her Zeus's daughter really tarnished Wonder Woman. WW84 made things even worse by making her a rapist ( just like Zeus). DC needs to return her clay origin back. As for Cassie, a better origin for her is to be the daughter of a goddess and a human. I won't object to making Cassie of Greek ethnicity since the name Cassandra is Greek. Donna should have her Pre-Crisis origin back.