Page 818 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3187187688088148158168178188198208218228288689181318 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 20948
    Incredible Member

An Injustice animated movie has been announced.
    There will be a sneak peek of the movie in the special features of Batman: The Long Halloween - Part 2 DVD/Bluray.
    It will also include an animated short about Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) in which he teams up with Captain Atom, The Question, Nightshade.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member

‘Bad Boys for Life’ Filmmakers to Direct ‘Batgirl' Movie for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, the duo behind 2020 hit Bad Boys for Life, have closed a deal to steer Warner Bros.’s DC feature centering on Barbra Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ve-1234950696/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Bad Boys for Life’ Filmmakers to Direct ‘Batgirl’ Movie for Warner Bros. (Exclusive):

The Batgirl movie project has found its director. Or, rather, in this case, its directors.

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, the duo behind the 2020 hit Bad Boys for Life, have closed a deal to steer Warner Bros.’s DC feature centering on Barbra Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon.

Christina Hodson, who wrote Bumblebee and is in the Warners fold with her screenwriting on Birds of Prey and The Flash, penned the script for what is being planned as movie for HBO Max.

Kristin Burr, who is gearing up for the release of Cruella later this month, is producing.

Barbra Gordon is the most established version of the Batgirl character, who was initially introduced in 1961 as Betty Kane. But the character was revamped in 1967 when television executives wanted to attract a female audience to the Batman TV series, then faltering in its third season. Yvonne Craig played the character whose last live-action big-screen appearance was with Alicia Silverstone in Joel Schumacher’s 1997 movie Batman & Robin.

The project previously had Joss Whedon on board as writer and director. Whedon came on March 2017 but left in April 2018, at the time saying he failed at cracking the story.

‘With Batgirl, we hope to take the audience on a fun ride and see a different side of Gotham,” said Burr. “Christina’s script is crackling with spirit. Adil and Bilall have an excited and joyous energy which is infectious, making them the perfect filmmakers for this Batproject. And I’m just psyched I get to be part of the DC universe, which is super cool.”

El Arbi and Fallah were born in Morocco and studied film in Belgium. The cut their teeth with European thriller and directing episodes of FX crime drama Snowfall but gained attention when they helmed the third Bad Boys movie.

That action movie had stalled in development for years and years but the pair but the title back on the streets with new rims and a strong engine, reenergizing an aging franchise. The movie garnered the best reviews of any of the Bad Boys movies and became the highest-grossing American movie of the year (in a year that is asterisked by a pandemic lockdown).

Off the strength of Bad Boys, they trampolined to co-showrunners of Marvel series Ms. Marvel, where they also directed the premiere and finale episodes, the latter which wrapped a few weeks ago.

The duo are currently in production on Rebel, a family drama driven by song, rap, and dance centered on a 13-year-old boy whose life stands at a crossroads following the death of his father.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ve-1234950696/

Barbra?

10 chars

Astonishing Member

I can’t wait for Hollywood to black-wash Barbara Gordon like they’ve been doing to other red headed comic book characters, lol. Hollywood is erasing the redheads!

We need more ginger representation in Hollywood, darn it!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-19-2021 at 02:12 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

It's just going to be on HBO Max? Poor Babs never catches a break.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's just going to be on HBO Max? Poor Babs never catches a break.
    That and Static should be big screen exclusive movies, not reduced to streaming films.

- Charles Schultz.

I don't think there was much doubt it was going to be Babs, but not sure how I feel about the directors.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Why does it seem Christina Hodson writing everything now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Why does it seem Christina Hodson writing everything now?
    What else has she written?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    BoP and The Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    BoP and The Flash
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Bumblebee also.

Astonishing Member

In case anyone here isn’t familiar with this guy(which is virtually everybody here) he’s the guy who broke the scoop that Alfred Molina was coming back to play Doc Ock in Spider-Man: No Way Home before the trades did. He was even credited in Hollywood Reporter when they reported on the scoop so I have to believe there is a shred of truth to this.

- Charles Schultz.

^Even a broken clock can be right once.

Nothing sets off any alarms for the creative teams they got for Batgirl. I'll keep an open and see how this project turns out. I'll tune in if it's something worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

In case anyone here isn’t familiar with this guy(which is virtually everybody here) he’s the guy who broke the scoop that Alfred Molina was coming back to play Doc Ock in Spider-Man: No Way Home before the trades did. He was even credited in Hollywood Reporter when they reported on the scoop so I have to believe there is a shred of truth to this.
    Hm so Keaton isn’t involved anymore? Wonder when we’re going to start getting more news about what the post-Flash DCEU will look like.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/