Page 821 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3217217718118178188198208218228238248258318719211321 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Static: Pre-Production

Superman Reboot: Pre-Production
    Zatanna: Still pre-production?

Hourman: Still Pre-production too.

Interesting how Batgirl will beat Robin in appearing in another live action movie after the disaster of the Batman and Robin movie. It just sucks how much the people involved in the DCEU and Batman movie projects since then despise the Robin character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Interesting how Batgirl will beat Robin in appearing in another live action movie after the disaster of the Batman and Robin movie. It just sucks how much the people involved in the DCEU and Batman movie projects since then despise the Robin character.
    Indeed. Robin sucked in those movies, but he wasn't alone. Batgirl, Two-Face and Riddler were all as bad or worse.

They put some bad movies out and blame the character for it, but that's par the course for them.

EDIT: Of course, Barbara/Batgirl deserves more chances as well. It's not her fault B&R's take on her sucked any more than it is Robins.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 05-21-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Batgirl was barely in Batman and Robin
    The reason Robin is hated by the studios is because its the one aspect of Batman's mythos that is the most comic booky
    They can distill every bit of his mythos into a hyper realistic or semi fantastical noir drama but the kid/teen sidekick who runs around in a bright costume almost as an antithesis to Batman is never going to be accepted unless they do something like Winter Soldier age up and inject some darkness and apathy into the character.
    In fact I'd say Red Hood has a better shot at appearing in Batman movies vs Robin

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Batgirl was barely in Batman and Robin
    The reason Robin is hated by the studios is because its the one aspect of Batman's mythos that is the most comic booky
    They can distill every bit of his mythos into a hyper realistic or semi fantastical noir drama but the kid/teen sidekick who runs around in a bright costume almost as an antithesis to Batman is never going to be accepted unless they do something like Winter Soldier age up and inject some darkness and apathy into the character.
    In fact I'd say Red Hood has a better shot at appearing in Batman movies vs Robin
    She was in it enough and at the forefront of the marketing. Nobody has ever forgotten she was in the movie.

They could certainly do a college aged Robin, and there is no need at all to inject darkness into him. That'd be extremely boring because we already have Bruce for that and they are meant to contrast. Audiences accept a talking tree and raccoon, a contrast between Batman and Robin is not some difficult sell. They did it in BTAS just fine, and the solo Batman fans have already had two turns in movies and will have a third for at least The Batman. It's not unreasonable for other fans to want a turn again.

the studio's love affair with all things dark does mean Red Hood has far higher chances, unfortunately. I find that whole storyline overdone and annoying, but I know I'm in the minority opinion on that one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Static: Pre-Production

Superman Reboot: Pre-Production
    I’m not acknowledging that Superman reboot

Doesn't matter. It's still a DC film in pre-production right now.

What’s the status on Static? I’m guessing it will be an HBO Max exclusive like Batgirl. Does it have a scriptwriter yet?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Because why not ?

The Rock as Black Adam wants to kick Superman's ass.

The Rock as Krypto wants to be Superman's best friend.

Question is - will we ever get the Black Adam vs Krypto the Superdog fight we all now demand?

C'mon, DC! You got the Rock batting for you! Don't mess it up!

Mark Strong will not be appearing as Dr. Sivana in Shazam 2. So much for that Mr. Mind team up they teased.

https://www.cbr.com/shazam-2-mark-st...-helen-mirren/

I would have much preferred it if they stayed with the crazy Shazam villains rather than make yet another superhero movie that deals with gods.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-22-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    C'mon, DC! You got the Rock batting for you! Don't mess it up!
    I have complete confidence in WB/DC's ability to screw up almost anything.