Page 822 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3227227728128188198208218228238248258268328729221322 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Mark Strong will not be appearing as Dr. Sivana in Shazam 2. So much for that Mr. Mind team up they teased.

https://www.cbr.com/shazam-2-mark-st...-helen-mirren/

I would have much preferred it if they stayed with the crazy Shazam villains rather than make yet another superhero movie that deals with gods.
    Its not Marvel. DCs aftercredits only score in a followup by accident. Although Mark Strong now had the second ominous legendary villain foreshadowing that fell flat on its face (the first being his Sinestro putting on the yellow ring in the GL aftercredits; awesome scene IMO).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Mark Strong will not be appearing as Dr. Sivana in Shazam 2. So much for that Mr. Mind team up they teased.

I would have much preferred it if they stayed with the crazy Shazam villains rather than make yet another superhero movie that deals with gods.
    That's lame. He was essentially just Sivana in name only, but I still liked him.
    Are all of these Gods even from the comics? I'd rather they have used the Monster Society.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That's lame. He was essentially just Sivana in name only, but I still liked him.
    Are all of these Gods even from the comics? I'd rather they have used the Monster Society.
    I was legit hoping for a Mr. Mind/Sivana team up in the sequel.

Feels like the movie side purging all plotlines from the Geoff Johns era.

Black Adam on the other hand seems very Johns-based.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Feels like the movie side purging all plotlines from the Geoff Johns era.
    That's probably the case, though it would suck if so and not be completely logical. Mr. Mind and Sivana have been around much longer than Johns after all.

Darla, Pedro and Eugene are still around too, so that makes it weirder (Not that I want them to go away, quite the opposite).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Black Adam on the other hand seems very Johns-based.
    Maybe they plan on having Sivana, Mr. Mind, and Black Adam all team up for the inevitable throw down with Shazam?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It only makes sense to me is if the plan is for the Monster Society and Black Adam to be the third movie.

Like, whatever the issue with Geoff Johns (if there even is one), what was even the point of the sequel tease otherwise in favor of a bunch of historical domain OC's?

Despite what may be going on in his personal/professional life, I have liked what Johns has done with the Shazam-verse. Leaning it more into the fantasy realm gives it a unique vibe. Was really hoping for Mr. Mind and some strange creatures from the 7 Magic Lands. I’m pretty tired of superheroes dealing with “the gods”.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It only makes sense to me is if the plan is for the Monster Society and Black Adam to be the third movie.

Like, whatever the issue with Geoff Johns (if there even is one), what was even the point of the sequel tease otherwise in favor of a bunch of historical domain OC's?
    Yeah I hope so. If this is indeed tied to some issue with Johns (not saying it is for sure), it's really stupid. He didn't invent the majority of these characters and shouldn't have any impact on how they are used.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah I hope so. If this is indeed tied to some issue with Johns (not saying it is for sure), it's really stupid. He didn't invent the majority of these characters and shouldn't have any impact on how they are used.
    And I don't think Captain Marvel is hurting for villains to the point of needing historical domain god characters.

If they were trying to purge all of Johns’ character work, they’d have pulled the plug on Black Adam. Pretty much everything about Black Adam as an antihero comes from Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    If they were trying to purge all of Johns’ character work, they’d have pulled the plug on Black Adam. Pretty much everything about Black Adam as an antihero comes from Johns.
    And they wouldn't have used Cyclone, who was a character created by Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    And they wouldn't have used Cyclone, who was a character created by Johns.
    And the version of Atom-Smasher is going to be based around his character arc from Johns' JSA run.

I don't think they are purging Johns ideas. I think it's pretty clear that story is going in a different direction than the one they envisioned.