Page 833 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3337337838238298308318328338348358368378438839331333 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,495 of 20948

Sounds like they are merging the Trench movie into Aquaman II.

So a secret hidden underwater kingdom?

Kind of reminds me of how they brought Atlanna back in the comics.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I hope we get at least a few shots of Atlantis feeling more like a real place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I hope we get at least a few shots of Atlantis feeling more like a real place.
    I think we'll probably see a good deal of Atlantis in the first act, if nothing else.

Extraordinary Member

The box office for in the heights is not gonna convince WB to put blue beetle in theaters

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The box office for in the heights is not gonna convince WB to put blue beetle in theaters
    But critical reception and streaming numbers might validate their HBOMax ideas.

Yeah because a musical is such a great comparison. All this is showing WB is that smaller and mid budget films belong on streaming. Think we’re heading for nothing but blockbusters released in theaters

That’s a very different audience. The only common factor is the color of the lead character’s skin. That’s like saying “well the Annie remake with a black lead failed at the box office so DC/WB shouldn’t try to make a movie about a black superhero.”

When Suicide Squad came out there were numerous articles about the box office being bolstered by black and Latino filmgoers. People were happy to see some more representation even if those characters weren’t exactly the most positive role models. I guess that just shows how freaking desperate we are for some representation.

41% of the opening weekend audience were either black or Latino.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a8...use-diversity/

So there is an audience very ready for a superhero flick with a Latino lead.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-12-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Why, because both feature Hispanic characters? They're not even close to being the same genre or style of film.
    Least I hope not. I'm not interested in a superhero hip hop musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s a very different audience. The only common factor is the color of the lead character’s skin. That’s like saying “well the Annie remake with a black lead failed at the box office so DC/WB shouldn’t try to make a movie about a black superhero.”
    True story - I made a reference about Annie being a ginger/redhead to my cousin (she's more like a niece to me because of the age difference) once and then had to explain to her when she got confused that there were previous versions of Annie who were white, that the character wasn't always black, and she was famous for being a redhead (my cousin is a redhead). And it really bothered me - not because of any racial thing, but because having to explain that there were other versions from before her time made me feel old. Nothing you watch is new kid, it's all remakes and reboots, I shouldn't have to tell you these things existed "back in my day" - I'm 34, I'm still in my day goddammit!

Of all the arguments for and against racebending, I never thought "making you feel old" would be one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hard to get the logo wrong .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Looks cool.

Ultimate Member

Different audience.

And from my understanding from those who saw it-it fits the streaming market more than the theaters. Also most musical films don't start off off too well in the box office.

It took six weeks for Lala Land to his 10 million in box office.

The film only costed 55 million to make-so it's NOT impossible for In the Heights to do decent.