Page 846 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3467467968368428438448458468478488498508568969461346 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,690 of 20948

10characters
    Last edited by Holt; 07-12-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Murder or manslaughter, the definition isn't going to be satisfying after how tiresome it is to see Batman keep killing in the movies, with this take being cranked up to 11. I also don't think the branding and knowing criminals will be killed because of it qualifies as manslaughter.

Premeditated murder or no, Superman felt anguished about having to kill Zod but apparently DGAF in the sequels. There are a lot of mental gymnastics performed for something that was done more for shock value than consistent characterization.
    Bruce did not know the people he branded were getting killed.

The only other confirmed time he killed someone in the sequels was Doomsday, which happens in the comics and was more of a sacrifice on his part.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bruce did not know the people he branded were getting killed.

The only other confirmed time he killed someone in the sequels was Doomsday, which happens in the comics and was more of a sacrifice on his part.
    The blood on Bruce's hands is still there all the same. I don't know what other reason he had for putting on the brand or what he expected to happen.

Does the guy in Africa need to be confirmed? He seemed likely to be very dead to me, especially as the Snyder movies make a big deal about having weightier consequences for superhumans dishing out violence. This was the reason given for why Wonder Woman's blows knocked men into walls and bashed their brains. Unless it magically stops being the case for this one scene?

He also assisted in killing Steppenwolf and didn't bad an eye

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Certainly seems to have sparked a reaction from you.
    Not much, I assure you. But hey, believe what you want.

Seemed like being upset about people not liking the same stuff as you.
    Trust me, I have a good idea of what that type of behaviour is actually like.

Not much, I assure you. But hey, believe what you want.

Trust me, I have a good idea of what that type of behaviour is actually like.
    That certainly seems to be the case for the ensuing posts. But I'll move on lest the mods get upset about me making it personal, I guess.

And yet this narrative has been thrown out time and time again at the whims of the writers. Even the current movie version of Spider-Man doesn't follow this rule.
    And I don't like that.
    I am perfectly capable of enjoying superhero stories where the heroes don't kill. I just don't see the need to cry foul if Superman puts down a genocidal loon who wants to slaughter an entire planet for his own amusement.
    I don't think he should have to though.

You know what, I'll just say this one last thing and then drop the entire conversation before I say something that either gets me banned or gets this thread locked.

I do not particularly care if a superhero kills anyone that isn't an innocent person and think that way too much of a nig deal gets made over the no killing rule which was invented for marketing reasons and has not exactly been consistently held up in adaptations let alond the comics. I do not see why writers or fans continue to take it seriously but, despite what I'm sure certain people are thinking or hoing to say, I do not need nor want every superhero to kill.

As for Holt, if I'm honest, I wasn't entirely sure if you were even joking or not but either way I was not upset over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I don't like that.

I don't think he should have to though.
    Indeed. It's not as though these are real people who can't find another way.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Does the guy in Africa need to be confirmed? He seemed likely to be very dead to me, especially as the Snyder movies make a big deal about having weightier consequences for superhumans dishing out violence. This was the reason given for why Wonder Woman's blows knocked men into walls and bashed their brains. Unless it magically stops being the case for this one scene?

He also assisted in killing Steppenwolf and didn't bad an eye
    I don't get why people thought he was dead. But no, Snyder confirmed he's not.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't get why people thought he was dead. But no, Snyder confirmed he's not.
    Because it goes by very fast and isn't very clear, and what we see looks like something that would either result in serious injury or death. Either if he tackled him through the wall or flew really fast and grabbed him on the way out.

Which would be easy to suspend disbelief and believe the guy is unharmed like in most Superman media, but these movies want to have realistic consequences to violence (he said this is why Diana throwing guys into walls in the Snyder cut left blood stains). So Snyder is picking and choosing where to apply it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Suicide Squad BTS:

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Suicide Squad BTS:

More of that. Less talk about Snyder's aborted versions. lol

I always find behind-the-scenes stuff to be interesting.

From Dwayne Johnson:

"On set.
    BLACK ADAM⚡️

This image of Black Adam from behind gives you a tactile sense of the absolute massive scale and size of our movie.

You also see a little of the intricate and beautiful textured detail of Black Adam’s body suit.
    (this is not your typical DC or Marvel padded muscle suit)

And finally you get a glimpse of the enormous and appropriate destruction.

As we all know, superheroes have a code of justice and don’t kill the bad guys.

But, Black Adam does.

The hierarchy of power in the DC UNIVERSE is changing.

Antihero.
    Man in black.
    Protector of his people.
    #blackadam⚡️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CROH7YVLD_F/
    The Rock doesn't need a muscle suit, LOL!

The Suicide Squad BTS:

that made me appreciate more the different aspects of film making. i'm excited.