Page 85 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889951351855851085 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I have't seen the film yet but all the negatives agree with you. It seems like everyone is saying the same thing. I have no idea why WB hired those screen writers when all their movies are trash. Geoff Johns also seemed to make the story but was too lost in jerking off on his own material where he threw in the trench, Manta and whatnot instead of focusing on one thing. I'm still excited to see it though.
    Definitely see it and make your own mind up. People in my theater clapped. But I will say I am surprised that this film is the most popular when it is perhaps the one I consider the worst in the franchise. Basic story arc and movie making elements missing.

As to Johns, I think he just explains aspects of the mythos and has no control over the storyline itself. I don’t think he made GL fail fail or made WW succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Definitely see it and make your own mind up. People in my theater clapped. But I will say I am surprised that this film is the most popular when it is perhaps the one I consider the worst in the franchise. Basic story arc and movie making elements missing.

As to Johns, I think he just explains aspects of the mythos and has no control over the storyline itself. I don’t think he made GL fail fail or made WW succeed.
    I think he was definitely more a supervisor on the GL movie and Justice League, but I think he was involved with scripting Wonder Woman to some degree.

(Was there an ice cream scene in Wonder Woman? I think there was. That's the only Johns thing I can think of that was in the movie).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

So i'm looking at the release of movies and we might get two movies at comic con. Joker and BoP.

Please DC give us more movies like Aquaman and Wonder Woman! Both movies were incredible and I finally feel like DC is on the right path. I saw Aquaman with my family and we all loved it. It was action packed, the characters were actually likeable and the scale was just insane!! It's worth seeing on the big screen. I believe WOM is going to be amazing for this film because it truly deserves to be seen on the big screen! I'd give it a 9/10!

PS: My audience actually clapped and cheered after it ended. I haven't been to a screening where that's happend in a long while...

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So i'm looking at the release of movies and we might get two movies at comic con. Joker and BoP.
    Likely get WW84 as well. Probably a trailer
    Last edited by El_Gato; 12-24-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Please DC give us more movies like Aquaman and Wonder Woman! Both movies were incredible and I finally feel like DC is on the right path. I saw Aquaman with my family and we all loved it. It was action packed, the characters were actually likeable and the scale was just insane!! It's worth seeing on the big screen. I believe WOM is going to be amazing for this film because it truly deserves to be seen on the big screen! I'd give it a 9/10!

PS: My audience actually clapped and cheered after it ended. I haven't been to a screening where that's happend in a long while...

Likely get WW84 as well. Probably a trailer
    Oh yeah WW84 was pushed back. For some reason I thought it would go to the 2020 comic con but it can't.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Is it too optimistic to hope for even a tidbit of news on Matt Reeves’ Batman at SDCC2019? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Is it too optimistic to hope for even a tidbit of news on Matt Reeves’ Batman at SDCC2019? :P
    Nope. Considering its scheduled to start filming in the Summer of 2019
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's an issue, otherwise stuff with Batman or Superman would never sell as well as they still do.

Like, people would probably still flock to a Batman movie unless it was utterly terrible.
    Unquestionably true, Frontier. If Bats and Supes are being forced down out throats, it's only because the vast majority of the viewing audience are fine with it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think he was definitely more a supervisor on the GL movie and Justice League, but I think he was involved with scripting Wonder Woman to some degree.
    Nope! If you look around the internet, you can find the original version of the Green Lantern script and it was substantially different before Johns' involvement. And several sources confirmed that he rewrote Chris Terrio's Justice League script to turn a two-part film into a single one. Not to mention the fact he and Jon Berg were the ones who brought Joss Whedon to "fix" the movie. And when I say "fix", I actually mean "try to turn it into a MCU copy".

And about Wonder Woman, reportedly he rewrote most of the 3rd act. You know...the part that most people criticize, even those who enjoyed the movie.

But despite all that, because of some reason beyond my understanding, a lot of people here think he doesn't deserve any blame for the box office failure of Justice League. The same people who wanted to give him most credit for Wonder Woman's success.
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 12-24-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

I still have a hard time to believe this notion that Johns is somehow the boogeyman of the DCEU. He's not blameless for what happened with JL, but to pin it all on him, when he was tasked with "fixing" a runaway train on a crash course going nowhere, seems too far-fetched to me. People always love to point fingers, whether it's towards Johns, Berg, Snyder, Whedon or Tsujihara, when a mess like that can never be just one person's fault.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-24-2018 at 05:33 AM.

So what really killed Justice League was the troubled production and bad word of mouth?
    Not only that, but also the way how Warner Bros handled marketing and media.

Protip #1: Don't hide Superman in your promotional material. That made most people think he wouldn't be in the movie. Instead, you should have promoted JL as "the triumphant return of the Man of Steel".

Protip #2: Don't make the actors and the people in charge of the DCEU to call the previous movies "mistakes" in interviews. This is not going to make you fall in the detractors' good graces and will only alienate those who supported the movies since the beginning.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

(Was there an ice cream scene in Wonder Woman? I think there was. That's the only Johns thing I can think of that was in the movie).
    Yes, right before they leave England for Belgium. Short and not overdone, and made for a great fun moment right before the descent into the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    And about Wonder Woman, reportedly he (Johns—ed.) rewrote most of the 3rd act. You know...the part that most people criticize, even those who enjoyed the movie.
    FWIW, I think the ending of Wonder Woman holds up rather well. But it requires that one approaches the whole movie as a coming-of-age story, with a battle over Diana's soul at the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still have a hard time to believe this notion that Johns is somehow the boogeyman of the DCEU. He's not blameless for what happened with JL, but to pin it all on him, when he was tasked with "fixing" a runaway train on a crash course going nowhere, seems too far-fetched to me. People always love to point fingers, whether it's towards Johns, Berg, Snyder, Whedon or Tsujihara, when a mess like that can never be just one person's fault.
    Yup. And if there is one person who can be blamed the most it is Zack Snyder with MoS and BvS, but he is far from alone.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yup. And if there is one person who can be blamed the most it is Zack Snyder with MoS and BvS, but he is far from alone.
    Yeah, Snyder just shouldn't have been put in charge. That's on WB for giving him the power and demanding a lot of him when he wasn't qualified. I don't think it was his idea to squeeze in the Death of Superman, establish Wonder Woman and set up JL in BvS, was it? Those orders came from on high. And then they made him butcher the final film in the editing room. It was an already flawed film made considerably worse.

After MOS, they really should have slowed down and maybe even had Snyder step aside and do another franchise and leave another director to build off of MOS in a Superman solo, establish the rest of the Trinity, and go from there instead of rushing it all in one film. I know there would be an even worse deluge of "DC is just copying Marvel" comments if they just did individual solo films, but the good turn outs for Wonder Woman and Aquaman prove that that wasn't much of a big deal in the end.

And about Wonder Woman, reportedly he rewrote most of the 3rd act. You know...the part that most people criticize, even those who enjoyed the movie.
    ...I liked Wonder Woman's third act .
    Protip #1: Don't hide Superman in your promotional material. That made most people think he wouldn't be in the movie. Instead, you should have promoted JL as "the triumphant return of the Man of Steel".
    The general public seem so indifferent to Cavill's Superman that I'm not sure if that would have helped the marketing any.