Page 851 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3517518018418478488498508518528538548558619019511351 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 20948

Leslie Grace has been cast as Batgirl.
    After testing actresses this week, Warner Bros. And DC Films looks to have found their Batgirl. Sources tell Deadline Leslie Grace has been tapped to play Barbara Gordon in the studios’ Batgirl.
    The studio was already super high with the rising star following her breakout role in In the Heights, and sources say her audition sealed the deal as the choice.
    The studio had no comment.
    The film will bow on HBO Max, marking one of the first major DC properties to debut exclusively on the streamer. Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah will direct the pic from a script by Christina Hodson. Kristin Burr is producing.
    Last edited by Holt; 07-21-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Batgirl’: Leslie Grace Lands Role Of Barbara Gordon In New Warner Bros. & DC Film

"After testing actresses this week, Warner Bros. And DC Films looks to have found their Batgirl. Sources tell Deadline Leslie Grace has been tapped to play Barbara Gordon in the studios’ Batgirl.
    The studio was already super high with the rising star following her breakout role in In the Heights, and sources say her audition sealed the deal as the choice.
    The studio had no comment.

The film will bow on HBO Max, marking one of the first major DC properties to debut exclusively on the streamer. Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah will direct the pic from a script by Christina Hodson. Kristin Burr is producing.

While plot details are under wraps, it is known that Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Commissioner Gordon, will be the character behind the cape in this version. Gordon is the most established version of the Batgirl character and was first introduced in 1961 as Betty Kane."

https://deadline.com/2021/07/batgirl...lm-1234797608/

Incredible Member

I should mention that Batgirl is written by Christina Hodson (the writer of Birds of Prey) who also wrote the upcoming Batgirl (on HBO Max) and The Flash. So we shoudn't get our hopes up.

I wonder if she'll get to sing .

I guess we're getting another Hispanic Commissioner Gordon after the Lego movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I should mention that Batgirl is written by Christina Hodson (the writer of Birds of Prey) who also wrote the upcoming Batgirl (on HBO Max) and The Flash. So we shoudn't get our hopes up.
    I liked Birds of Prey a lot, so this is good news for me.

Astonishing Member

Birds Of Prey was pretty dull for me, so Hodson writing this doesn’t inspire much confidence but I do like the directors as I did like their work on Bad Boys For Life.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Meh on Batgirl. Give me more news on Static and Zatanna.

I liked Birds of Prey a lot, thought it was a fun ride (I think a lot of the detractors might just be Cass fans?), so Batgirl having the same writer is cool.

On the other hand I've not seen and will likely never see In the Heights (live action urban Broadway type musicals are just not my thing personally) so I've no clue if Leslie Grace is a good or poor casting. Just got a blank slate here so can't really form any kind of an opinion. I mean, she looks alright? I'd have preferred an actress with a filmography I've seen some of, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Re: Flash movie

So I think this movie will just pivot into this new universe with a new Flash but still played by Ezra Miller. The new canon will be Superman I and II with Reeves & Kidder, Batman 89 and Returns, WW and WW84 and Aquaman 2018 and the upcoming Aquaman the Lost Kingdom. Supergirl is going to either a clone of or the actual child of Reeves Superman or the less likely possibility of her being the child of Helen Slater Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

So I think this movie will just pivot into this new universe with a new Flash but still played by Ezra Miller. The new canon will be Superman I and II with Reeves & Kidder, Batman 89 and Returns, WW and WW84 and Aquaman 2018 and the upcoming Aquaman the Lost Kingdom. Supergirl is going to either a clone of or the actual child of Reeves Superman or the less likely possibility of her being the child of Helen Slater Supergirl.
    Double Crisis .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

So that’s it for Superman huh? Damn man, Henry never got a chance to do a proper man of steel sequel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So that’s it for Superman huh? Damn man, Henry never got a chance to do a proper man of steel sequel.
    He never even got a chance to do a proper Superman movie.

God, he's perfect as Supes but alas we cannot have nice things

Be warned that this is just my speculation.

Also Henry Cavill was in a Mission Impossible movie, the Witcher and is going to star in the upcoming Highlander reboot. He already has a better post-Superman career than all the other previous Superman actors combined.

At least we've got Tyler Hoechlin...

I mean it was in 2018 that the story broke that Henry was out. His manager tried to fan the flames with bullshit platitudes about how "The cape is still in his closet," but it's going on 3 years since then and we've heard nothing about him returning. So at this point speculating that Cavill's Superman isn't coming back seems less like a leak or rumor and more like common sense.