Page 856 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3567568068468528538548558568578588598608669069561356 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,840 of 20948
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    How often have any of these movies stuck strictly to the comics and not taken massive liberties at least somewhere?.
    The times it has happened are few and far between. That goes for TV adaptations, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Here's hoping they've learned a lot!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think the fear is that in the comic Power Girl ended up being reduced down to mostly his love interest when she was the bigger legacy character. So she got passed over and I understand her fans not liking that and don't want her to be stuck in that role again, since it was kind of bad, but who knows what the series will be about. I think there is a chance for her to be in the series because she is the only love interest his character had and they were apparently childhood friends or something in that Earth 2 series? Been a while since I read it.

Isn't the John Cena Peacekeeper series also going to HBO Max? I think it is less about PoC characters/actors and more that WB wants to flood the HBO Max platform with as much content as possible to get more subscribers on it, and content with PoC leads are the trendy thing right now. Like the Batgirl movie was going to be on HBO Max before they even announced who they were looking at to cast.
    Hey, WB, Power Girl would be perfect for an HBO Max miniseries or something. Content is content, and if they need more, PG would be easy to do right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Here's hoping they've learned a lot!
    Have they done anything GL interesting with Diggle yet, I haven't been following.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Have they done anything GL interesting with Diggle yet, I haven't been following.
    He rejected the offer apparently lmao
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He rejected the offer apparently lmao
    Can you even do that in the comics? Like the ring just latches onto you and takes you to Oa immediately, I don't think the Corps. has ever treated it like something you could say no too .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can you even do that in the comics? Like the ring just latches onto you and takes you to Oa immediately, I don't think the Corps. has ever treated it like something you could say no too .
    He's just haggling for a better salary and medical benefits, that's all.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    He's just haggling for a better salary and medical benefits, that's all.

Probably, I hear the job has a rotten dental plan and no vision coverage. Those rings of power aren't all they're cracked up to be...

I've yet to see or read something from Guggenheim I actually liked. I have no idea why Warner would give the new show to the guys responsible for the GL movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I've yet to see or read something from Guggenheim I actually liked. I have no idea why Warner would give the new show to the guys responsible for the GL movie.
    Because it wasn’t just on them and they’re also the guys who made the Arrowverse which love or hate, is the only shared live action universe that’s been successfully pulled off

Because it wasn’t just on them and they’re also the guys who made the Arrowverse which love or hate, is the only shared live action universe that’s been successfully pulled off
    I sometimes wonder how much people would love the Arrowverse if the MCU didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I sometimes wonder how much people would love the Arrowverse if the MCU didn't exist.
    The Arrowverse kicked off the modern age of comic book TV.

I think people would still probably complain about the same writing issues although the fact that they were able to maintain as many cross-TV crossovers and events for several years is pretty impressive in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

At least twice as much. I'm a superhero groupie. I watched Wonder Woman and the Hulk when they were the only things on. I already watched the hell out of the Arrowverse, and would have watched it even more if there were no MCU.

Maybe gotten around to catching up on the latest seasons of the Flash, Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow, if there were no Wandavision, Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki competing for my limited attention. Definitely rewatched some Arrow (which has been my favorite Arrowverse show so far, pre-Superman & Lois), during the time period I spent devouring Daredevil, etc.