Page 858 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3587588088488548558568578588598608618628689089581358 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    as great as the more grounded and Nolanesque "The Batman" looks, and it really does, I can't help but think a more comic booky Ben Affleck project could have given us something more new and exiting. Abet so long as they considerably tone down the more murdery aspects of his Batman
    I’m actually not very excited about The Batman. We’ve already seen the “real world” take on the character. I would have loved to have seen Affleck’s Batman in a more comic book-y film version.

Realistic and dark Batman is kind of "been there, done that" with each subsequent take trying to outdo each other...I was hoping for a little more refreshing take.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m actually not very excited about The Batman. We’ve already seen the “real world” take on the character. I would have loved to have seen Affleck’s Batman in a more comic book-y film version.
    I'm more excited for The Batman than I've been for anything on film in years I think. Sure we've already seen one "real world" take, but we've also had 3 outings of Affleck's take (BvSoJ, JL, ZSJL) and one left to go, and no one can say right now that we won't get more of his comic book-y version down the road. But this definitely looks like everything I've been wanting to see since The Dark Knight's somewhat lackluster (imo) sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Realistic and dark Batman is kind of "been there, done that" with each subsequent take trying to outdo each other...I was hoping for a little more refreshing take.
    Realistic it might not have been, but there's no way in hell an Affleck Batman movie was going to be anything but dark.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    as great as the more grounded and Nolanesque "The Batman" looks, and it really does, I can't help but think a more comic booky Ben Affleck project could have given us something more new and exiting. Abet so long as they considerably tone down the more murdery aspects of his Batman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Same. Can't we get a Batman movie where he fights Clayface in a film noir esque setting? That would have gotten me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    The Arrowverse kicked off the modern age of comic book TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people would still probably complain about the same writing issues although the fact that they were able to maintain as many cross-TV crossovers and events for several years is pretty impressive in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    At least twice as much. I'm a superhero groupie. I watched Wonder Woman and the Hulk when they were the only things on. I already watched the hell out of the Arrowverse, and would have watched it even more if there were no MCU.

Maybe gotten around to catching up on the latest seasons of the Flash, Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow, if there were no Wandavision, Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki competing for my limited attention. Definitely rewatched some Arrow (which has been my favorite Arrowverse show so far, pre-Superman & Lois), during the time period I spent devouring Daredevil, etc.
    Thanks for the replies. I was asking mostly because the MCU has messed with my expectation for comic book adaptations (both tv and movie). That and how much these shows deviate from the source material they are adapting often gives me more frustration than enjoyment while watching these shows. I remember watching Smallville almost religiously when it was on, not sure how much I would have enjoyed it if it was coming out today. Though I admit, seeing Welling in the COIE cross over and Routh as KC Superman filled me with childhood glee.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...698339330?s=21

That Starro is gigantic lol, would be terrifying to see that thing walking around.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...698339330?s=21

That Starro is gigantic lol, would be terrifying to see that thing walking around.
    And I thought Starro was scary in Arkham Knight...

Off to a pretty good start!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Off to a pretty good start!
    It's still at 100% with 46 reviews. Not bad.

Another certified fresh DCEU/DC film! Seems like they’re on a roll! Sucks that they’re still judged by the MOS/BVS/SS fiasco!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

All Other DCEU Films are Not Important to watch The Suicide Squad says Director

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Another certified fresh DCEU/DC film! Seems like they’re on a roll! Sucks that they’re still judged by the MOS/BVS/SS fiasco!
    You're right, in an era where everything is getting turned into a franchise, a lot of fans and critics seem to be incapable of judging individual installments in a film series on their own merit. Even when it's stated explicitly and constantly it's not tied into the wider cinematic universe. Really looking forward to Suicide Squad and seeing what Gunn's cooked up because it's probably my most anticipated superhero movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I don't think the good films will be judged by that fiasco. We've already seen DC films get positive reactions despite that (WW, Aquaman, Shazam).

Glad to hear this is being well received, definitely increases my interest in seeing it.

Extraordinary Member

Eesh! That sounds...painful. Hope he's okay.

Ouch! Hope they're okay .