Page 868 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3687688188588648658668678688698708718728789189681368 ... LastLast
Results 13,006 to 13,020 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Considering this is the multiverse, I find it interesting that Barry could run into malevolent versions of himself. Could this potentially be Johnny Quick?
    That would be more interesting than just evil Barry.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Jay Garrick and the JSA will almost certainly become more popular if black Adam succeeds

Which is a plus because they are very charming and almost a universe unto themselves
    Yes, that's what i am counting on..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Unless Jay Garrick appeared in a JSA movie.
    But there still wouldn't be a solo Jay flick, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

If anybody here has HBO Max here’s a heads up: The Suicide Squad gets released on HBO Max tonight.

Coincidentally on the five year anniversary of the Oscar-winning original movie.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Jay Garrick and the JSA will almost certainly become more popular if black Adam succeeds

Which is a plus because they are very charming and almost a universe unto themselves
    The JSA have been kind of building up since the Stargirl show. It would be nice to see that continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If anybody here has HBO Max here’s a heads up: The Suicide Squad gets released on HBO Max tonight.

Coincidentally on the five year anniversary of the Oscar-winning original movie.
    I literally cant wait. Working till 11pm tonight then heading right home to watch this. Super excited.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extremely disappointed with Gunn's Suicide Squad. But i feel like folks will eat it up b/c of jokes and color.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Extremely disappointed with Gunn's Suicide Squad. But i feel like folks will eat it up b/c of jokes and color.
    I did not like the jokes and the film wasn't that colorful but all the praise is coming from the character work and cinematography.

Anyway, I think this was the best SS content second to Ostrander's run. There are things I'm not cool with such as how Waller is written, the character choices, and the jokes (as I said) but I had a really good time with this film. Definitely one of the best DCEU movies.

I thought it was great, night and day difference in quality with the original.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was decent. Wasnt minding blowing. Kind of annoyed by some of the decisions but yeah the characters got some good portrayals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    I'm very conflicted with this movie because I hate everything I've heard about this movie but I also want to send a message to the studio that we actually want Flash movies.
    I'd wait for a trailer or reviews - if it looks like it sucks, then your support wouldn't prevent it from bombing. If it looks alright, worth a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I feel like Barry having the successful tv show puts him at an advantage that Hal didn't have. He is effectively the only Flash in other media, so even if this tanks and they end up trying again down the road, it's more likely to be Barry than Wally.
    I don't really think so. The movies direct the tv stuff, not the other way around. If Barry's film flops? Well, his show is safe for however many seasons are left, but it'll be over before a new Flash movie anyway (I don't see it lasting more than 3 more seasons tops anyways) and won't affect any film decisions. So yeah, my money would be Wally taking over if Flash bombs as far as big screen depictions are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree with this, Ezra is not a popular casting choice for Barry at all. If this fails he won’t get another movie. They’ll probably just bench Flash like they did GL and let Gustin continue to be the guy.
    Yep, it'd bench Flash on the big screen until around 2032, but the TV show will continue until whenever it reaches its natural end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed. This could hurt the Flash for a spell, but it almost certainly would be Barry again as the Scarlet Speedster if and when he came back.
    You're more hopeful than I. I don't see the series having an effect on some future Flash film in any way, much less determining if it's Barry or Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I did not like the jokes and the film wasn't that colorful but all the praise is coming from the character work and cinematography.

Anyway, I think this was the best SS content second to Ostrander's run. There are things I'm not cool with such as how Waller is written, the character choices, and the jokes (as I said) but I had a really good time with this film. Definitely one of the best DCEU movies.
    The cinematography is nice. But the character work is questionable.

Best DCEU movie thus far
    James Gunn literally blew the original out the water and lapped the rest of the DCEU twice
    Wasn't expecting such good character work but he managed to make a cast of nobodies who are going to die based on the premise of the team really hit your heart

Some of the jokes didn't land but everything else worked
    Surprised Gunn managed to write Harley so well

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Best DCEU movie thus far
    James Gunn literally blew the original out the water and lapped the rest of the DCEU twice
    Wasn't expecting such good character work but he managed to make a cast of nobodies who are going to die based on the premise of the team really hit your heart

Some of the jokes didn't land but everything else worked
    Surprised Gunn managed to write Harley so well
    I don't know if it lapped all the DCEU for me, but largely agree with the rest - this was a fun yet surprisingly touching film.