Page 869 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3697698198598658668678688698708718728738799199691369 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,035 of 20948
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Best DCEU movie thus far
    James Gunn literally blew the original out the water and lapped the rest of the DCEU twice
    Wasn't expecting such good character work but he managed to make a cast of nobodies who are going to die based on the premise of the team really hit your heart

Some of the jokes didn't land but everything else worked
    Surprised Gunn managed to write Harley so well
    Funny you say that 'cuz that was one of the few things I didn't like felt she was completely unnecessary to the film and her presence just felt studio mandate to me.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From a German article (translated via Google):

Superman as an opponent: Harley Quinn & Co. were originally supposed to fight the DC hero in "The Suicide Squad"

How would that have turned out? In an interview, director James Gunn revealed that at the very beginning he planned to pit his Suicide Squad against the mighty hero Superman of all people. With us you can find out the whole story

"Suicide Squad" received a lot of criticism in 2016. One of the reasons for this is that the team of forcibly recruited super villains and anti-heroes is used against a villain duo, against whom Deadshot's firearms, Harley Quinn's baseball bat and Killer Croc's sharp teeth can't do much anyway: namely the overpowering Enchantress (Cara Delevigne) and Incubus (Alain Chanoine).

In "The Suicide Squad", James Gunn only apparently makes the same mistake as his predecessor David Ayer when he takes Task Force X with firearms (Bloodsport, Peacemaker), spears (Harley Quinn) and teeth (King Shark) against the overpowering giant starfish Starro can compete. But then Starro turns out to be the perfect addition to the fireworks of madness that Gunn is burning down here.

Of all people, Superman!

Would it all work just as well if Gunn had actually stuck to his original plans? This is of course difficult to judge. In any case, Gunn wanted to send the Suicide Squad into the fight against an out of control Superman at the very beginning of the project, as he reveals to us in an exclusive interview:

"When I started writing 'The Suicide Squad', one idea was that they would fight Superman."

Gunn continues: “The Suicide Squad has to catch Superman for some reason. That was all, just a vague idea. It's gotten out of control or is being controlled by someone. And then this group of lousy super villains has to face the most powerful hero in the world. I like this idea and if DC does this sequel, then please not without me."

There is still a remnant of Superman

In November 2017, a fairly reliable source said that the Suicide Squad had to track down and eliminate a weapon of mass destruction in its second adventure, which would then turn out to be Black Adam - played by Dwayne Johnson , who was already engaged for the role at the time, who is now finally instead gets his own "Black Adam" movie.

In between, at least in James Gunn's head, Superman was the central threat before he finally decided on Starro. But a remnant of Superman can still be found in the final script, after all in "The Suicide Squad" we learn that Bloodsport is in Belle Reve prison because he seriously injured Superman with a kryptonite bullet...

Original article: https://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18536785.html

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Funny you say that 'cuz that was one of the few things I didn't like felt she was completely unnecessary to the film and her presence just felt studio mandate to me.
    I actually loved Harley here. As annoying as the character has become when shoved into everything else, I always like Margot's Harley so she's always welcome.

Overall I thought the movie was great, and a vast improvement over the original. I can't believe the DCEU fucked up the Joker, Lex, Cheetah, Ares and Darkseid (what little we saw wasn't great IMO), but Starro the fucking Conqueror was awesome.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I actually loved Harley here. As annoying as the character has become when shoved into everything else, I always like Margot's Harley so she's always welcome.

Overall I thought the movie was great, and a vast improvement over the original. I can't believe the DCEU fucked up the Joker, Lex, Cheetah, Ares and Darkseid (what little we saw wasn't great IMO), but Starro the fucking Conqueror was awesome.
    I do think Harley's subplot was way too long and wasted time. I'm just over this character on the team.

However, she did have good fight scenes and I enjoyed her smaller moments with the individual members of the team.

I can't believe Starro was done justice and adapted to live action perfectly. I never liked this villain but here I became a fan.

Ultimate Member

Kudos to James Gunn for making me actually care about characters like Ratcatcher, Polka-Dot Man, and Peacemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't really think so. The movies direct the tv stuff, not the other way around. If Barry's film flops? Well, his show is safe for however many seasons are left, but it'll be over before a new Flash movie anyway (I don't see it lasting more than 3 more seasons tops anyways) and won't affect any film decisions. So yeah, my money would be Wally taking over if Flash bombs as far as big screen depictions are concerned.
    I guess then they could promote having a black Flash and give them all the Barry stuff they're not really using in the actual Flash movie.
    I don't think they screwed up Cheetah and Ares that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Kudos to James Gunn for making me actually care about characters like Ratcatcher, Polka-Dot Man, and Peacemaker.
    That's what the Suicide Squad is all about.

I liked this Suicide Squad movie.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess then they could promote having a black Flash and give them all the Barry stuff they're not really using in the actual Flash movie.

That's what the Suicide Squad is all about.
    I suppose if you went into Wonder Woman expecting Ned Flanders as Ares, with horrible 4th grade writing and dialog, then yes, they got Ares spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I suppose if you went into Wonder Woman expecting Ned Flanders as Ares, with horrible 4th grade writing and dialog, then yes, they got Ares spot on!
    I mean, the face aside, he felt like a solid depiction of Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From a German article (translated via Google):

[I]Superman as an opponent: Harley Quinn & Co. were originally supposed to fight the DC hero in "The Suicide Squad"
    Hah! Wonder if it didn’t happen because of Cavill refusing to come to terms. This is going to make me a hypocrite considering how much I hate Injustice and “evil Superman” in general, but Bloodsport leading a team to take Superman out is definitely something I would go see. A Superman Rogue taking down Superman on the big screen pisses me off a lot less than the Batgod dickriding that usually accompanies this kind of stuff. Hilarious that Gunn basically wanted to do the video game’s plot though, and I’m glad ultimately they didn’t go through with it. Snyder fans would have lost their minds over Gunn “stealing” Snyder’s plan however
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superman as an opponent: Harley Quinn & Co. were originally supposed to fight the DC hero in "The Suicide Squad"
    For god's sake, the squad is supposed to be killing other kill squads. Stop making them go after Superman.

That said, Loved the movie.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd say they were more underwhelming than maybe completely botched; I at least liked Wiig in the role for what she had to do and would really like for her to get another chance, but she was underutilized and the finale wasn't as epic as it should have been. She was still miles better than Eisenberg and Leto though. Ares served his function well enough I guess, but his overall execution was the weakest part of the movie.

So far the villains that have been the best executed for their roles in the films while resembling their comic counterparts have been Harley, Ocean Master, Manta, Zod and Faora. Sivana was good for what he was with a good performance, but he didn't resemble Sivana from the comics at all and may as well have been called something else.

I'd say they were more underwhelming than maybe completely botched; I at least liked Wiig in the role for what she had to do and would really like for her to get another chance, but she was underutilized and the finale wasn't as epic as it should have been. She was still miles better than Eisenberg and Leto though. Ares served his function well enough I guess, but his overall execution was the weakest part of the movie.

So far the villains that have been the best executed for their roles in the films while resembling their comic counterparts have been Harley, Ocean Master, Manta, Zod and Faora. Sivana was good for what he was with a good performance, but he didn't resemble Sivana from the comics at all and may as well have been called something else.
    I liked what they did with Cheetah even if I feel like they could've done more with her (but I feel like they will). Maybe the fight with Diana could've been more involved.

Ares, I think, kind of brought the themes of the movie together in a way, but that's just me.

Sivana was basically morphed because they needed a Black Adam figure in the movie but couldn't use Black Adam.

James Gunn really knocked it out of the park with The Suicide Squad.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I liked what they did with Cheetah even if I feel like they could've done more with her (but I feel like they will). Maybe the fight with Diana could've been more involved.

Ares, I think, kind of brought the themes of the movie together in a way, but that's just me.

Sivana was basically morphed because they needed a Black Adam figure in the movie but couldn't use Black Adam.
    Considering how *wink-wink, nudge-nudge* and "I have my reasons for making [her fate] ambiguous." Patty was about whether Cheetah would return for a sequel, she basically confirmed it. And whatever downside to Cheetah's character there was, I don't think it's anything that can't be fixed in a sequel. Unlike with Eisenberg and Leto, where you'd have to completely rewrite their characters if you wanted to make any changes.

Ares was more a means-to-an-end than a character. Which is alright, but does scream "waisted potential".
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-06-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~