Page 870 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3707708208608668678688698708718728738748809209701370 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 20948

Loved it. Watched it twice now. Fun movie.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Considering how *wink-wink, nudge-nudge* and "I have my reasons for making [her fate] ambiguous." Patty was about whether Cheetah would return for a sequel, she basically confirmed it. And whatever downside to Cheetah's character there was, I don't think it's anything that can't be fixed in a sequel. Unlike with Eisenberg and Leto, where you'd have to completely rewrite their characters if you wanted to make any changes.

Ares was more a means-to-an-end than a character. Which is alright, but does scream "waisted potential".
    I think Cheetah can definitely be salvaged. But I really want to see Circe be the villain of Wonder Woman 3.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think Cheetah can definitely be salvaged. But I really want to see Circe be the villain of Wonder Woman 3.
    You and me both.

There was a rumor that Circe would be the 3 movie, no idea if that source is remotely reliable though. But I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd movies has Circe in a full on antagonistic roll and Cheetah is more "frenemy" to Wonder Woman than full-on villain (if she is in the 3rd movie).
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked what they did with Cheetah even if I feel like they could've done more with her (but I feel like they will). Maybe the fight with Diana could've been more involved.

Ares, I think, kind of brought the themes of the movie together in a way, but that's just me.

Sivana was basically morphed because they needed a Black Adam figure in the movie but couldn't use Black Adam.
    Yes Ares worked thematically. But I think the design and power displays were underwhelming. Cheetah at least they can do more with and the salvage job isn't as much of an uphill climb as EisenLex and Leto Joker.

The lack of Black Adam despite basing it off a story he was the villain in was really obvious. They really should have just used Ibac or somebody

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes Ares worked thematically. But I think the design and power displays were underwhelming. Cheetah at least they can do more with and the salvage job isn't as much of an uphill climb as EisenLex and Leto Joker.

The lack of Black Adam despite basing it off a story he was the villain in was really obvious. They really should have just used Ibac or somebody
    I thought power-wise he was solid for a first movie villain...I think the only problem with the design was the face, and that's obviously been criticized.

Well, I get where they're coming from. They based the story 98% on Johns story and Sivana's Billy's other nemesis, so conceptually I get where they were coming from even if that wasn't really Sivana in the movie. But Mark Strong did his best.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, the face aside, he felt like a solid depiction of Ares.
    I just could never get past the look. They really went all in for the Minster of Silly Walks look with him. Or it was "Ares, the Accountant Of The Gods".

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I just could never get past the look. They really went all in for the Minster of Silly Walks look with him. Or it was "Ares, the Accountant Of The Gods".
    I guess they shouldn't have kept his face within the mask, but that was probably for emoting more than anything else.

None of the Ares depictions came close to this:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    None of the Ares depictions came close to this:

This is why they probably shouldn't have kept his face.

The Suicide Squad definitely in my top 5 of so DC films.

Personally I hope Ayer gets a recut and we can have to very different Squad films. Hope HBOmax gets its way

This is why they probably shouldn't have kept his face.
    It blows me away just how cool and bad ass Perez's Ares looks but no one bothers to accurately adapt this.

1. The Suicide Squad
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Shazam!
    4. Aquaman
    5. Zack Snyder Justice League
    6. Birds of Prey
    7. Man of Steel
    8. Wonder Woman 1984
    9. Suicide Squad
    10. Batman vs Superman

That’s my current ranking after watching TSS

That’s my current ranking.

I guess then they could promote having a black Flash and give them all the Barry stuff they're not really using in the actual Flash movie.
    I don't know if they'd copy off their plan for Clark with Barry so liberally...

Mighty Member

I thought power-wise he was solid for a first movie villain...I think the only problem with the design was the face, and that's obviously been criticized.
    The face and his dialouge were cheesy but Ares powers felt solid for an Origin villain, the problem is just that Ares should be the most powerful common and 1 of the most powerful Wonder Woman villains ever and not just a throw-away Origin villain, even in the Perez run would be the role of his DCEU version closer to Decay's or even more the roles of his sons than to his own role and he gets defeated in a far more fitting way there.

Cheetah can maybe get saved in the third movie, but so far is it an underwhelming depiction and barely feels like Cheetah to me, she is the creation of an evil djinn version of Maxwell Lord, reminds more on Silver Swan, and her powers feel vague and inconsistent and fit more to Devastation anyway.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 08-07-2021 at 07:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Kudos to James Gunn for making me actually care about characters like Ratcatcher, Polka-Dot Man, and Peacemaker.
    Peacemaker was a bit over the top for me, but I did really enjoy Ratcatcher and Polka-Dot Man more than I expected to.

Bloodsport and King Shark were as great as I expected from A) Idris ****ing Elba and B) the commercials, respectively.

I could have totally done without the first squad, tho.