Page 871 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3717718218618678688698708718728738748758819219711371 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they shouldn't have kept his face within the mask, but that was probably for emoting more than anything else.
    The dialog probably didn't help, "Then...I shall DESTROY you!" Come on, Accountant of the Gods, who talks like that?!?

As an aside, I find myself wondering, and have really since I saw it, what actors they used in both versions of League to play the Olympian gods? And which gods were there? I can recall Zeus, Ares, Artemis, and perhaps Poseidon. Was Athena present at all? Any others?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The dialog probably didn't help, "Then...I shall DESTROY you!" Come on, Accountant of the Gods, who talks like that?!?

As an aside, I find myself wondering, and have really since I saw it, what actors they used in both versions of League to play the Olympian gods? And which gods were there? I can recall Zeus, Ares, Artemis, and perhaps Poseidon. Was Athena present at all? Any others?
    I think we've only seen Zeus, Ares and Artemis.

The lack of Aphrodite and Athena is criminal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. WW deserves a better adaptation.

People were just happy that they got a movie at all to the point where they were willing to accept anything. Plus the lack of knowledge among general audiences about WW's origin. Plenty of people who were excited about the character but knew nothing about her. I remember having to explain to people that Diana isn't the daughter of Zeus. Even more disheartening was the general attitude of 'that's it?' among the audiences for WW and WW84, there is that atmosphere of WW not being 'all that' or 'she left the island for a man' criticisms because they ditched the contest or 'we waited this long for a movie and this is all there is to her?'.

Comic book villains.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. WW deserves a better adaptation.

People were just happy that they got a movie at all to the point where they were willing to accept anything. Plus the lack of knowledge among general audiences about WW's origin. Plenty of people who were excited about the character but knew nothing about her. I remember having to explain to people that Diana isn't the daughter of Zeus. Even more disheartening was the general attitude of 'that's it?' among the audiences for WW and WW84, there is that atmosphere of WW not being 'all that' or 'she left the island for a man' criticisms because they ditched the contest or 'we waited this long for a movie and this is all there is to her?'.
    Those opinions about the first movie are very much in the minority. This idea that people only liked it because they wanted a WW movie isn't just inaccurate its insulting to claim their standards are so low. If that were true the Bloodlines animated movie and the 2011 unaired pilot would have gotten far better reception.

WW84 was a flop but it doesn't mean the first one was bad or a failure among audiences as well.

I think the first movie is still pretty great.

Pompous evil gods?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Suicide Squad was fantastic. So much fun and great visuals. A big improvement over the original SS. Starro looked silly and menacing at the same time, lol.

The NuDCEU (or whatever you want to call it) is having a promising (re)start.

Hope the box office reflects that.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hope the box office reflects that.
    It won't. TSS's opening week-end was weak. It'll be lucky if it can make past 200M at the BO. It should've been delayed.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Suicide Squad seems to be underperforming box office expectations and the crazy members of the Snyder fandom are celebrating this ignoring that it would have been the same even if they had their Snyderverse back.

It came out when we got the Delta variant of the pandemic and it being an R Rated film competing with PG films and being available for free on HBO Max really hurt its box office.

Not even a Snyderverse R rated Suicide Squad film would have performed better under these circumstances.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The Suicide Squad was pretty amazing. I also loved how they addressed that Peacemaker and Bloodsport have the same origin - signifying that there are a plethora of characters with similar backgrounds.

So if someone were to say Bloodsport is a copy of Deadshot, you can simply say "no duh"

At least it'll probably do good streaming numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It won't. TSS's opening week-end was weak. It'll be lucky if it can make past 200M at the BO. It should've been delayed.
    I don’t think it was ever going to match the first movie’s numbers. That had Batman and Joker in it, along with the first live action appearance of Harley Quinn, and the star power of Will Smith which helped carry it. Plus the first movie was godawful and that always has an impact on the sequel even when the sequel is good! People go “Suicide Squad? First one sucked, why would I go see a sequel” which is also what happened to JL. JL had weaker projections than BvS because of how much people hated that movie, and it did so well before people knew about what had happened with regards to Snyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it'll probably do good streaming numbers.
    Which is what WB cares about I’m sure. It’s going to be a long time before the box office recovers from Covid, if it ever does with all these variants.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

I had a thought that the perfect idea for a JL reboot would be to do a Justice League International movie. Have Batman for star power (and for the one punch) and then you've got a lot of the other characters coming up in projects: Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Shazam!, Dr Fate, Guy Gardiner, Booster Gold and Martian Manhunter. DC could do a trilogy for JLI and then reboot back to the Big 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    I had a thought that the perfect idea for a JL reboot would be to do a Justice League International movie. Have Batman for star power (and for the one punch) and then you've got a lot of the other characters coming up in projects: Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Shazam!, Dr Fate, Guy Gardiner, Booster Gold and Martian Manhunter. DC could do a trilogy for JLI and then reboot back to the Big 7.
    I’m sure WB would love to have Gunn direct a JL movie and that would be the exact kind of JL movie he would do lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/