Page 872 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3727728228628688698708718728738748758768829229721372 ... LastLast
Results 13,066 to 13,080 of 20948

Which Batman though ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which Batman though ?
    Either Affleck or Keaton would work for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember having to explain to people that Diana isn't the daughter of Zeus.
    She was for most of the 2010s (she still might be, not up on current continuity) and she was when the movie came out and she was in the movie. You might not like it, but that doesn't change that she was the daughter of Zeus at that time you were explaining she wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m sure WB would love to have Gunn direct a JL movie and that would be the exact kind of JL movie he would do lol
    If this movie didn't do great HBO numbers then they might rethink about working with him in general, let alone giving him JL.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If this movie didn't do great HBO numbers then they might rethink about working with him in general, let alone giving him JL.
    Tend to doubt it.

I get the feeling that they have internalized the asterisk that it going to wind up next to this one.

They’ve already said they’re giving him more work. Jenkins gets to make WW3 even after WW1984. Gunn will get more work, hell his Peacemaker series is already on the way, and he’s teased other Squad members might get shows as well. WB isn’t going to hold him responsible for the box office given the pandemic, and they definitely view him as a big get they want to keep around. Even Snyder got multiple chances despite his failures.

The real question is if WB starts looking at Harley differently. Between BoP and TSS it’s clear she isn’t anywhere near that big a draw as they thought.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Suicide Squad was pretty damn amazing! I have big issues with how Waller was handled but everything else was so freaking great.

This will be the movie that makes the DCEU cool and accepted by the general public. Everything besides the first Wonder Woman has been so derisive. This was fun, gory, and surprisingly heartfelt.

The box office numbers mean very little with the current pandemic situation. It’s getting praises from both critics and fans. Something the DC films have severely lacked.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-08-2021 at 12:34 AM.

They’ve already said they’re giving him more work. Jenkins gets to make WW3 even after WW1984. Gunn will get more work, hell his Peacemaker series is already on the way, and he’s teased other Squad members might get shows as well. WB isn’t going to hold him responsible for the box office given the pandemic, and they definitely view him as a big get they want to keep around. Even Snyder got multiple chances despite his failures.

The real question is if WB starts looking at Harley differently. Between BoP and TSS it’s clear she isn’t anywhere near that big a draw as they thought.
    Yeah, but Peacemaker and announcement that they'll continue working with him happened before we saw box office numbers. I don't really buy arguments about box office numbers not mattering, unless HBO numbers are amazing WB might be losing hundreds of millions on this movie. Snyder's problem was that he didn't earn enough, not that his movies were financial bombs.

Yeah, but Peacemaker and announcement that they'll continue working with him happened before we saw box office numbers. I don't really buy arguments about box office numbers not mattering, unless HBO numbers are amazing WB might be losing hundreds of millions on this movie. Snyder's problem was that he didn't earn enough, not that his movies were financial bombs.
    Rebuilding the brand is as important to them as short term gains. And Snyder had multiple financial flops: Sucker Punch, Guardians of Ga’Hoole, and Justice League. Gunn got great critical reviews, that is something they care about. Just look at the Dune director, Blade Runner 2049 was critically beloved but a financial flop, yet they still backed Dune.

However I do think they will try to push Gunn to do a bigger property for them, perhaps Superman with Cavill if he’s really returning given that’s what they were aiming for in the first place. Perhaps JL down the road. But I don’t see them abandoning him just because TSS didn’t outperform the last movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And Snyder had multiple financial flops: Sucker Punch, Guardians of Ga’Hoole, and Justice League.
    I thought we were talking about DC properties and putting JL's failure on Snyder is baffling.

But I don’t see them abandoning him just because TSS didn’t outperform the last movie.
    It is not about outperforming previous movie, it is about new SS bombing, hard. Again, maybe HBO numbers are great and it'll work out long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Suicide Squad was pretty damn amazing! I have big issues with how Waller was handled but everything else was so freaking great.

This will be the movie that makes the DCEU cool and accepted by the general public. Everything besides the first Wonder Woman has been so derisive. This was fun, gory, and surprisingly heartfelt.

The box office numbers mean very little with the current pandemic situation. It’s getting praises from both critics and fans. Something the DC films have severely lacked.
    While I agree with this being a really cool film that will hopefully help the DCEU become more acceptable to more people, I don't think everything else besides Wonder Woman has been divisive - at least, I've never read or heard anything about either Aquaman or Shazam being divisive...

I thought we were talking about DC properties and putting JL's failure on Snyder is baffling.
    Why would that matter? We’re talking about flops and how WB responds to them, Snyder had multiple and they still gave him Superman and then the DCEU as a whole. JL wasn’t his movie, but Ayer claims SS wasn’t his either and he still took the blame for it.
    It is not about outperforming previous movie, it is about new SS bombing, hard. Again, maybe HBO numbers are great and it'll work out long term.
    I’ve seen no sign that WB plans to drop Gunn. Like I said they stuck with Denis Villeneuve after Blade Runner flopped. They’re pretty forgiving as long as you bring in critical acclaim, and Suicide Squad as a franchise is in recovery mode. When a movie comes out and is received poorly, even if it makes bank, that usually translates into the sequel performing worse because people stay away since they didn’t like the first movie.

Gunn is definitely going to get another DC project, I feel pretty confident saying that. He’s still the guy who made bank with Guardians, and the circumstances of the pandemic plus the stink of the first movie hurting the brand, will carry him through I feel. Plus he’s got Guardians 3 coming up and WB likely wants to keep him away from Disney.

BANNED

Create a justice incarnate movie

Put Batman beyond or flashpoint Batman on the team

Make Calvin Ellis the main character

Whip open the multiversity guidebook

And build a franchise off of that

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    While I agree with this being a really cool film that will hopefully help the DCEU become more acceptable to more people, I don't think everything else besides Wonder Woman has been divisive - at least, I've never read or heard anything about either Aquaman or Shazam being divisive...
    Yeah Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman weren’t divisive either. Plus Birds of Prey finally found an audience on VOD and HBO (it’s one the most watched movies on HBO). I’m also not a Snyder fan but ZSJL was also pretty well received and not divisive. The brad is being built up, all that’s required is more connectivity, which Gunn says Hamada and WB are doing with future projects

Spectacular Member

The problem with The suicide squad was always going to be the pandemic. HBO Max is only available in the states and internationally a lot of countries are still in lockdown or facing restrictions (Australia for example).