Page 876 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3767768268668728738748758768778788798808869269761376 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    There are different kinds of origin movies. The normal solo movie origin like Batman Begins or Man of Steel that focus on a single character, but then you also have team origin movies. Like Guardians of the Galaxy or the previous Suicide Squad movie. Where it is about the origin of the team coming together for the first time where you get some background origins of some of the team members (the most popular ones/leads of the movie) to let the audience know where these characters came from, but it is still a team origin movie. Even this new Suicide Squad movie was kind of an origin movie for the new team, but the concept of the team was at least introduced in the previous SS movie. Every Suicide Squad movie is basically going to be an origin movie for the new team given the concept of the team I guess, lol.
    Yah exactly. I hate origin films like BB or MoS...

But sure brief intros to characters is great like ss, the ss or gofg or even xmen1...

Quick mention great. Whole film boring. Imo

I think there's a time and a place for origin movies if only because it gets audiences invested in seeing the heroes build themselves up to what people expect them to be.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    In Europe people loved it. People were discussing /analysing the movie in schools and universities here. We are more likely to watch R-rated movies than most Americans.
    Most Americans I think loved it too. Most of the people who didn't just tend to congregate to this site I find.

> Nearly every movie this year has flopped
    > "DC's SUICIDE SQUAD IS HUGE FLOP!"

Oh Jeez, sure there isn't a bias going on here. Meanwhile in reality, its doing well on streaming, which is what WB was interested in this year.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It looks like it did 2.8 million views for HBO Max.

I think WB has already come out and said they are working with James Gunn again and they have that Peacemaker show coming out so this point of these hot takes seems misguided
    WB is going to produce more content like this not less lol

They projected a bigger opening by 5 million or so
    WOW that is a huge flop
    Forget the fact that 30 million opening weekend is already BOP opening territory which was another R rated underperformance that was dissected like this
    covid has moved the bar lower not higher

wonder if this hurts our chance of more Margot Robbie as HQ? Still would have liked to see her and Ivy in a movie together.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think they will stick with James Gunn because the critical response was so good.

Incredible Member

I can see a Gotham City Sirens from Gunn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think they will stick with James Gunn because the critical response was so good.
    Yeah, especially when it's the highest rated flick in the whole DCEU (I guess Joker doesn't count, but that was also an R rated movie and decidedly not a superhero movie). The brand desperately needs some critical acclaim and PR salvage and movies liked by both critics and audiences is the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    wonder if this hurts our chance of more Margot Robbie as HQ? Still would have liked to see her and Ivy in a movie together.
    Nope, she's still well liked and outside of people complaining that her side story wasn't plot relevant no one is complaining about her. She's not listed as a reason why this isn't doing great. Is it helping? No, no it isn't helping. But it's not hurting our chances of getting more of her either.

Well, unless Robbie really pushes for it I'm not expecting a Harley Quinn-lead film anytime soon right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, unless Robbie really pushes for it I'm not expecting a Harley Quinn-lead film anytime soon right now.
    Shame, I've loved her take on the character in every appearance to date, and I love 2 of the 3 movies her Harley is in (BOP is actually my favorite, but the new The Suicide Squad is decent second), but none of her films have done well. It's very frustrating as a fan, thinking I might not get more of this take just cause of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, some good news.