Page 881 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3817818318718778788798808818828838848858919319811381 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,215 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm insulting the movie and the praise, not the people defending it. Vakani has every right to enjoy it, and ultimately I'm glad it gives him joy, but I still have this deep desire to talk about how much the movie sucks.
    Even though I too dont care for Joker. Or How it copies older movies.

Ultimately I want DC to succeed. I also dont want its fanbase to be toxic.

There are plenty of comics I dont enjoy. And dc movies. Or marvel movies...

Have such a desire to ooze negativity towards dc or its fan base just slowly tears down our community and dc as a company...

Dc would be way more successful if its own fans werent its biggest haters.

1. The Suicide Squad
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Shazam!
    4. Aquaman
    5. Man of Steel
    6. ZSJL
    7. Birds of Prey
    8. Wonder Woman 1984
    9. Batman vs Superman
    10. Suicide Squad

BVS and SS are easily the two worst DCEU movies and the big reason DC has a bad reputation when it comes to films
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

My ranking:
    JL: Snyder Cut
    BvS:UE
    MoS
    Aquaman
    WW
    Shazam
    TSS

SS
    BoP
    WW84
    JL Theatrical

Gap between TSS & SS is massive so hence the space. (TSS is still a good film but just didn't like the 3rd act or HQ involvement) WW84 opening scene is why it isn't last literally the only good thing about the film
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

My ranking:
    1. Wonder Woman
    2. Aquaman
    3. Wonder Woman 1984
    4. Birds of Prey
    5. Man of Steel
    6. Suicide Squad
    7. Batman v. Superman
    8. staring at a blank wall
    9. getting stabbed with a fork
    10. Justice League (both of them)

Haven't seen Shazam or the new Suicide Squad, so I can't rank them. As flawed as WW84 is--and it is a severely flawed movie, no denying--I still prefer it over any of the movies I ranked below it. I can't stand Harley Quinn or Zack Snyder, and both versions of Justice League legit made me angry.

98% of US residents now live in a high transmission area for Covid, which wasn't the case a month ago (source). TSS just released at a bad time, which was expected on WBs part.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just saw SS on Max. Wanted to see it in the theaters but given ticket prices I sacrificed it to see The Green Knight next week. I thought it was alright, a fairly fun watch but nothing too memorable. Lots of telling rather than showing which makes the individual characters' stories feel a bit hollow at times. The Starro parts tickled my inner nerd.

I mean, have you seen how people talk about WW84?
    I have - don't really agree with them either.

And my main complaint is that the director/ writer was so lazy that he just made a recut of 3 other incredible films.

The movie was absolutely trying to say something, it's failure in that sense is objective.
    Again, all of that is in your opinion. And again, none of that makes it a bad movie.

I'm insulting the movie and the praise, not the people defending it. Vakani has every right to enjoy it, and ultimately I'm glad it gives him joy, but I still have this deep desire to talk about how much the movie sucks.
    You were still acting aggressive towards Vakanai literally demanding he tell you what message Joker was trying to send. It's like you're trying to get him to come around to your way of thinking and abruptly go "oh wait a minute, you're right, Joker is trash." You aren't going to change his mind and he isn't going to change yours so it's pointless for you to demand to know why he likes it or what message it was trying to send.

It's not normal that you gain pleasure from talking about how much a movie sucks, wouldn't you rather spend this time discussing movies you actually like? Do you enjoy dwelling in negativity?

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    You were still acting aggressive towards Vakanai literally demanding he tell you what message Joker was trying to send. It's like you're trying to get him to come around to your way of thinking and abruptly go "oh wait a minute, you're right, Joker is trash." You aren't going to change his mind and he isn't going to change yours so it's pointless for you to demand to know why he likes it or what message it was trying to send.
    Sure, fair enough

It's not normal that you gain pleasure from talking about how much a movie sucks, wouldn't you rather spend this time discussing movies you actually like? Do you enjoy dwelling in negativity?
    I mean, I do talk about the movies I love.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

So I saw The Suicide Squad again and I still stand by original ranking of the DCEU films, but I actually think it might be the best DCEU film so far. The only one that I think comes close is Wonder Woman, but I think the end of that film doesn't stand up to TSS.

There is not a single character I love in TSS from the comics, but on film, they are so good. Harley, Bloodsport, and Ratcatcher, that's nobody's comic book trinity but I think those actors in those roles, they are perfect. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is the only other role that comes just as close.

I am a big fan of Snyder's sense of drama and the way he puts images on screen. i think James Gunn has just a good an eye for visuals and he does a better job with dialogue and character.

Snyder prioritizes visuals over storytelling by his own admission. He has snowed his fans into think that is how movies are supposed to be
    His movies are good no doubt but for DC...not what's needed now
    MOS was perfect for its time but right now the spectacle has passed its all about seeing things on screen that haven't been done before

TSS is probably the best character work in the entire DCEU and considering how many movies there's been in the last 6 years that's a problem
    It shouldn't have taken this long for someone to have natural dialogue or be afraid to make fun of the medium you are operating in. You can go too far with that and end up with crap like Justice League but altogether James Gunn knows how to make CBMs
    He made me care about a bunch of nobodies(I absolutely hate Peacemaker now) and I guess I was worried about Harley dying in the opening which is rare for her in any squad media

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Snyder prioritizes visuals over storytelling by his own admission. He has snowed his fans into think that is how movies are supposed to be
    His movies are good no doubt but for DC...not what's needed now
    MOS was perfect for its time but right now the spectacle has passed its all about seeing things on screen that haven't been done before

TSS is probably the best character work in the entire DCEU and considering how many movies there's been in the last 6 years that's a problem
    It shouldn't have taken this long for someone to have natural dialogue or be afraid to make fun of the medium you are operating in. You can go too far with that and end up with crap like Justice League but altogether James Gunn knows how to make CBMs
    He made me care about a bunch of nobodies(I absolutely hate Peacemaker now) and I guess I was worried about Harley dying in the opening which is rare for her in any squad media
    The line about character work puzzles me a bit. They basically took turns telling their theme/origin through exposition but never really had moments that bound them together. It seems to me this kind of action comedy is low hanging fruit for critical success but I wouldn’t want to see it imported to other properties. Though it arguably already has.

I thought Drax's schtick about being 100% literal was one of the most overused tropes in fiction but somehow he ended up becoming a fan favorite. Sometimes the simplest ideas just work. Cliche's exist for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I thought Drax's schtick about being 100% literal was one of the most overused tropes in fiction but somehow he ended up becoming a fan favorite. Sometimes the simplest ideas just work. Cliche's exist for a reason.
    Honestly a lot of the characters in TSS felt like tweaked versions of GotG cast, personality wise.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~