Page 882 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3827828328728788798808818828838848858868929329821382 ... LastLast
Results 13,216 to 13,230 of 20948
    Incredible Member

James Gunn debunks rumors that he is working on Gotham City Sirens.
    Screenshot_20210813-171417_Twitter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    James Gunn debunks rumors that he is working on Gotham City Sirens.
    Screenshot_20210813-171417_Twitter.jpg
    Still holding out hope that Gunn’s next project will be something like Gotham City Sirens. Has to have Harley and Ivy finally getting together. It would be a great end to Margot’s Harley character arc. Debuts with Joker, BoP is the break up, SS she shows just how strong she is, GCS she finds her true love.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Still holding out hope that Gunn’s next project will be something like Gotham City Sirens. Has to have Harley and Ivy finally getting together. It would be a great end to Margot’s Harley character arc. Debuts with Joker, BoP is the break up, SS she shows just how strong she is, GCS she finds her true love.
    Why would it have to be the end?

Actors can't keep playing these characters forever.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Actors can't keep playing these characters forever.
    There's a difference between playing forever and having it end next movie - Margot Robbie isn't exactly in danger of aging out of the role any time soon.

The timing could be right for a Wonder Girl film.

I’ve been thinking lately on what’s the deal with the new Trinity and how that relates to Lee stating they’re making stuff that’s primed for adaption yet what they’re doing doesn’t line up with what the live action side is seemingly poised to do. My prediction is that if there is another JL it’s going to have Jon, Jace, and Yara in it. My reason why is that both Cavill and Affleck are seemingly out, and I don’t believe for a second that WB would make a JL movie without either Supes or Bats. Keaton is too old to be anything more than a side character if he’s actually taking over for Affleck, the Coates/Abrams movie is seemingly not in the DCEU, and it’s likely MBJ’s series won’t be either if that happens considering he was in talks on the film side that broke down and then the MAX people asked him for exclusive content. I believe if it happens his series will be like Titans, off in its own world. And Gadot seems to be planning to leave when Jenkins does like Bale and Nolan, so after WW3 all of the Trinity will be gone. That presents a problem which explains why WB was and is interested in these new replacements. Jon can take over for Cavill since the DCEU as it is really doesn’t allow for the existence of other Kryptonians given MoS (barring Supergirl who will be added in with Flashpoint). Jon taking over also will allow for a contrast with the black Supermen in the other projects. Jace can take over for Keaton Bruce since all the other Batfamily members are probably under Reeves control. Yara can take over for Diana since neither Donna nor Cassie bring much diversity wise and I doubt either will be present in WW3.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve been thinking lately on what’s the deal with the new Trinity and how that relates to Lee stating they’re making stuff that’s primed for adaption yet what they’re doing doesn’t line up with what the live action side is seemingly poised to do. My prediction is that if there is another JL it’s going to have Jon, Jace, and Yara in it. My reason why is that both Cavill and Affleck are seemingly out, and I don’t believe for a second that WB would make a JL movie without either Supes or Bats. Keaton is too old to be anything more than a side character if he’s actually taking over for Affleck, the Coates/Abrams movie is seemingly not in the DCEU, and it’s likely MBJ’s series won’t be either if that happens considering he was in talks on the film side that broke down and then the MAX people asked him for exclusive content. I believe if it happens his series will be like Titans, off in its own world. And Gadot seems to be planning to leave when Jenkins does like Bale and Nolan, so after WW3 all of the Trinity will be gone. That presents a problem which explains why WB was and is interested in these new replacements. Jon can take over for Cavill since the DCEU as it is really doesn’t allow for the existence of other Kryptonians given MoS (barring Supergirl who will be added in with Flashpoint). Jon taking over also will allow for a contrast with the black Supermen in the other projects. Jace can take over for Keaton Bruce since all the other Batfamily members are probably under Reeves control. Yara can take over for Diana since neither Donna nor Cassie bring much diversity wise and I doubt either will be present in WW3.
    I dunno, I'm just not feeling that the current cinematic future entails adapting the mantle changes. Feels too calculated and efficient for DC's movie side.

I finally saw The Suicide Squad and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It gave me some hope about future DC films.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I finally saw The Suicide Squad and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It gave me some hope about future DC films.
    I'm not sure if it should - yes, it's a great movie, yes the critical reception and RT score are great - but it's a financial disappointment. Admittedly there's a lot of reasons for it, covid/delta, same date and day release, lingering distaste for the first movie, lack of a big star/character, doesn't offer anything for "it must all have connective universe ties" people, etc. A lot of possible factors at play, but still doesn't change the fact it hasn't done well. Depending on what the "lesson" or"takeaway" WB takes from all this, you might not should have hope about the future of DC films because this might not influence or impact the future of DC films - they may decide to never do a film similar to this one, who know?

I'm not saying we should be doom or gloom here either. What I'm saying is just, between hope and dread of DC's film future, the simple middle ground of uncertainty might be the best bet. It's too early to tell how WB will react to the low BO turn out on this one. Maybe they'll look at the reviews and reception, realize it's just bad luck and timing this go around, and stay the course. Or maybe they'll kill the Suicide Squad franchise, shutter any plans for future R rated movies (with possible Joker 2 and/or The Batman exceptions, although I don't think The Batman's ever been intended as R), and nix any movie pitches or tones that feel too close to this. Who knows? I'm gonna stick with outlook uncertain over leaning one way or another; it's too hard to call.

'The Suicide Squad movie would have made Guardians money if it weren't for the pandemic. In my humble opinion of course.

Since when has that been a problem for DC? They can just do open casting for those characters.

I'm not opposed to Yara showing up but introducing her requires introducing an entirely different pantheon and tribe of Amazons.

Spectacular Member

Warners would replace Jace with Damian, simply because “the son of Batman whose also Asian” is simply too good to pass up marketing wise

Remember that John Ridley is simply allowed to do Jace because DC doesn’t want to piss him off

The second John Ridley leaves...Jace will get yeeted out of existence

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    'The Suicide Squad movie would have made Guardians money if it weren't for the pandemic. In my humble opinion of course.
    Yeah, I think if it wasn't for the pandemic, the HBO Max release and the fact that people would be wary of the movie because many would see it as a sequel of the first one, it would have made much more money in theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, I'm just not feeling that the current cinematic future entails adapting the mantle changes. Feels too calculated and efficient for DC's movie side.
    Agreed. Why would they start into a next generation version when they haven’t gotten the classic, otherwise popular one right? I say keep doing what they did with Gunn/SS. Take the only parts/characters that worked, make good movies and just pretend the bad ones didn’t happen. Even Marvel did that way back with The Hulk.

There’s 80 years of great material to work with before they essentially throw in the towel with their best characters.