Page 883 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3837838338738798808818828838848858868878939339831383 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    'The Suicide Squad movie would have made Guardians money if it weren't for the pandemic. In my humble opinion of course.
    It would have. Half of the country is avoiding cinemas because of the other half of the country, and they’re right to do so. I wouldn’t sit in a movie theater right now if my life depended on it, because my life does depend on it. I agree with Gunn that TV is where movies come to have their longest lives. I’m unconcerned by the box office on this one. WB knows it’s great and they also know that commercial success is a very hard thing to judge lately because most reasonable people are most reasonably avoiding movie theaters.

Astonishing Member

It's not really possible to say what would have happened with TSS in a COVID-free world. Maybe it would have been a flop anyway. Birds of Prey was critically successful and bombed. And it was before the movie theaters closure.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Astonishing Member

Besides Covid, Delta spreading and hybrid release, there is also damaged DC brand and pretty badly executed marketing campaign for this movie. And also it's a sequel for a pretty bad movie, which almost everyone hated. So, unfortunately, box office is not surprising.

Perfect time to introduce Charlie Hunnam as Green Arrow.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Cool, more plans for another raceswapped character. Vixen meanwhile is nowhere to be found.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Excerpts from an interview with Michael Keaton:

Heading into his fifth decade in show business, he’s continuing to genre hop, with upcoming roles in the Lionsgate action thriller The Protege, the Netflix 9/11 drama Worth and a Hulu series about the opioid epidemic, Dopesick. And, in a move that has comic book movie fans breathless, he just finished shooting the Warner/DC movie The Flash, in which he reprises the role of Batman he originated in the 1989 Tim Burton film, helping to ignite a generation of superhero obsession. [...]

Even though he has appeared in films for both DC and Marvel, in which he plays the villain Vulture in the Spider-Man series, Keaton was never a comic book fan, and he has been stunned by the genre’s growth. He credits Burton with the industry’s realization that superhero films can be not just lucrative but also artistically ambitious. “What Tim did changed everything,” Keaton says. “Everything you see now started with him. If you really think about what happened between 1989 and now, on a cultural, corporate, economic level, it’s unbelievable.” While Keaton is awed by the phenomenon, he confesses he doesn’t totally get it. “After the first Batman, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an entire [comic book] movie,” Keaton says. “I just never got around to it. So you’re talking to a guy who wasn’t in the zeitgeist of that whole world. When I went down to do the Marvel things in Atlanta … It’s an entire city dedicated to Marvel … They’ll be doing Marvel movies forever. I’ll be dead, and they’ll still be doing Marvel movies.” [...]

The Flash, directed by Andy Muschietti (It), will feature Ezra Miller’s lightning-fast protagonist breaking the rules of physics to crash into various parallel universes, where he’ll encounter different versions of DC heroes, including Keaton’s Batman, as well as Ben Affleck’s.

Keaton was impressed by the script by Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson, and by Muschietti’s vision, and he was intrigued by the possibility of returning to the character he had helped shape in the public imagination. “Frankly, in the back of my head, I always thought, ‘I bet I could go back and nail that ************,’ ” Keaton says of Batman, a role he walked away from when he didn’t like the script for the 1995 Joel Schumacher movie Batman Forever, which ultimately starred Val Kilmer. “And so I thought, ‘Well, now that they’re asking me, let me see if I can pull that off.’ ” It took him some time to wrap his head around the parallel-universe concept, however. “I had to read it more than three times to go, ‘Wait, how does this work?’ ” Keaton says. “They had to explain that to me several times. By the way, I’m not being arrogant, I hope, about this. I don’t say it like, ‘I’m too groovy.’ I’m stupid. There’s a lot of things I don’t know about. And so, I don’t know, I just kind of figured it out, but this was different. What’s really interesting is how much more I got [Batman] when I went back and did him. I get this on a whole other level now. I totally respect it. I respect what people are trying to make. I never looked at it like, ‘Oh, this is just a silly thing.’ It was not a silly thing when I did Batman. But it has become a giant thing, culturally. It’s iconic. So I have even more respect for it because what do I know? This is a big deal in the world to people. You’ve got to honor that and be respectful of that. Even I go, ‘Jesus, this is huge.’ “

Full article/interview: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ck-1234998480/

Did Lovecraft Country really get cancelled if it wasn't for that I'd say this was for sure false
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Did Lovecraft Country really get cancelled if it wasn't for that I'd say this was for sure false
    I
    The show's cancelation was announced a while ago. Bleeding Cool even had an article about the scrapped season 2 plans.

Incredible Member

Is Daniel Richtman a reliable source?

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Is Daniel Richtman a reliable source?
    Sometimes but not always so don’t take this as gospel yet
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Perfect time to introduce Charlie Hunnam as Green Arrow.
    Who's Charlie Hunnam and why do you want or think he'll be GA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cool, more plans for another raceswapped character. Vixen meanwhile is nowhere to be found.
    Technically more plans for a previously raceswapped character, since she was raceswapped already in BOP.

I definitely prefer the idea of an expanded universe, but that doesn't mean they can't also tell individual stories set in said universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Who's Charlie Hunnam and why do you want or think he'll be GA?
    Charlie Hunnam? Oh man. He was the main dude in Sons of Anarchy. He has many many other films under his belt as well. He literally looks just like Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. A few years ago during some random interview the person who was interviewing him asked him if he would ever play Green Arrow in a DC Film. Hunnam looked right into the camera and told DC to call him. It would be the perfect casting.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I definitely prefer the idea of an expanded universe, but that doesn't mean they can't also tell individual stories set in said universe.
    Or outside of it - the DCEU had it's chance, but right now I can't ever imagine it producing a film that'll get me as hyped or as excited as JOKER or the upcoming The Batman. It's got some good movies, I've liked Wonder Woman, BOP, Aquaman, Shazam, The Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman 84 (not sure what people's beef with that one is), but none of them have been great except maybe Wonder Woman. I think of all my favorite DC movies, and they exist outside of the DCEU, with the exception of JOKER they all predate the DCEU. Superman, Superman II, Batman, Batman Returns, The Dark Knight trilogy...the DCEU has yet to offer anything of comparative quality to me. Which isn't the same as saying it hasn't had good movies, Wonder Woman comes close and I legit love Birds of Prey, but it's just not on the same level. And I'm not saying it can't turn things around and make some of my favorite movies going forward, just that it hasn't. I'm more interested in The Batman than any DCEU release since Batman v Superman (I was so hyped for that movie, but it went so wrong...) or any upcoming film announced. The only DCEU movie that has my attention is Flash, and that's only to see Michael Keaton as Batman again.

So, nothing against the DCEU, but hoping that they continue to play outside of that shared universe going forward with more films like JOKER or The Batman or that Superman reboot (I've zero interest in that, race bending Clark Kent instead of using Val or Calvin just loses me, but still count it a good thing that they're making non-DCEU movies even if some are...not greatly planned).

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Charlie Hunnam? Oh man. He was the main dude in Sons of Anarchy. He has many many other films under his belt as well. He literally looks just like Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. A few years ago during some random interview the person who was interviewing him asked him if he would ever play Green Arrow in a DC Film. Hunnam looked right into the camera and told DC to call him. It would be the perfect casting.
    Never watched that show. I take it he's a good actor beyond looking the part? I remember people used to rave about that show so sounds like he must be.