Page 884 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3847848348748808818828838848858868878888949349841384 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Never watched that show. I take it he's a good actor beyond looking the part? I remember people used to rave about that show so sounds like he must be.
    I watched the show the year after it ended. I just kept getting told by many friends I had to check it out. Now I am not into motorcycles or anything like that so I thought I would hate the show. Wow was I wrong. I think there were like 7 or 8 seasons. I finished it all in 2 weeks of binge watching. Charlie was the main badass biker in it. He was amazing. I believe he is a very good actor and would portray Green Arrow/Oliver Queen very nicely.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Or outside of it - the DCEU had it's chance, but right now I can't ever imagine it producing a film that'll get me as hyped or as excited as JOKER or the upcoming The Batman.
    Black Adam sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What in particular about it strikes you promising? Not saying it isn't, just different things excite different people so curious what's got your interest there.

What in particular about it strikes you promising? Not saying it isn't, just different things excite different people so curious what's got your interest there.
    I'm not the guy you were asking about but,

Black Adam is about a slave in ancient Egypt gaining powers from wizards and gods and using them to unleash hell on his enslavers. Then the guy is imprisoned but comes back in the present with even more vengeance in his heart, but a world totally different from the one he was fighting for.

We also get to explore the JSA, a decades old society of superheroes with multiple generations of conflicting mentors and mentees.

It's a film with tons of pathos. The one thing they absolutely shouldn't do is make Black Adam comedic. They can make jokes with the JSA and other characters, but Black Adam is a really angry dude that wants to be a savior and leader but is hated by all institutions. He doesn't have the mood for jokes.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-19-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sometimes but not always so don’t take this as gospel yet
    I can't remember if it was Twitter or IG, but Jurnee did post a pic of her relaxing with a copy of Longbow Hunters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Most people are gonna watch Black Adam only to see Doctor Fate. Pierce Brosnan's casting was highly praised (one reason being that it was accurate to the comics) and Doctor Fate even trended on Twitter. The other castings were received negatively ( especially Hawkman and Cyclone), didn't even trend on Twitter and many people accused DC/WB of blackwashing.
    Last edited by Veni; 08-19-2021 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Most people are gonna watch Black Adam only to see Doctor Fate. Pierce Brosnan's casting was highly praised (one reason being that it was accurate to the comics) and Doctor Fate even trended on Twitter. The other castings were received negatively ( especially Hawkman and Cyclone), didn't even trend on Twitter and many people accused DC/WB of blackwashing.
    Hahahhahahhahhahahahahahhahah

Hahahhaahhahahahahahhahahah

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Wtf are you talking about?

Honestly I don't understand why people often put so much stock into what's trending on some social media platform. Is Twitter somehow supposed to be speaking for what the global general audience wants or cares about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I can't remember if it was Twitter or IG, but Jurnee did post a pic of her relaxing with a copy of Longbow Hunters.
    Wasn't that a few months ago. Jurnee just finished filming "Escape From Spiderhead" and is currently filming and executive producing "Lou". I prefer a new actress for BLack Canary. Birds of Prey isn't even connected to The Suicide Squad because the latter is a reboot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Honestly I don't understand why people often put so much stock into what's trending on some social media platform. Is Twitter somehow supposed to be speaking for what the global general audience wants or cares about.
    I just mentioned it. It's true Twitter doesn't speak for what the global general audience wants. But most non-comic readers I've seen are interested in Doctor Fate, not Black Adam.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hahahhahahhahhahahahahahhahah

Hahahhaahhahahahahahhahahah

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Wtf are you talking about?
    About Black Adam. Especially about how Doctor Fate has generated more interest than the lead/titular character in the film.

Social media has never sunk a movie. People hated Star Wars: TLJ and 'Rise of the Skywalker' but they still made bank.

Diverse casting alone has never sunk a show or movie either. Only bad writing and production has.

We know nothing about Black Adam besides casting and a faint idea of the plot. I'll wait until a trailer comes out before I judge.

Astonishing Member

Social media has never sunk a movie. People hated Star Wars: TLJ and 'Rise of the Skywalker' but they still made bank.
    Well, they made less than they could. Force Awakens got over two billions, and then Star Wars box office started to fall down.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Black Adam is about a slave in ancient Egypt gaining powers from wizards and gods and using them to unleash hell on his enslavers. Then the guy is imprisoned but comes back in the present with even more vengeance in his heart, but a world totally different from the one he was fighting for.

We also get to explore the JSA, a decades old society of superheroes with multiple generations of conflicting mentors and mentees.

It's a film with tons of pathos. The one thing they absolutely shouldn't do is make Black Adam comedic. They can make jokes with the JSA and other characters, but Black Adam is a really angry dude that wants to be a savior and leader but is hated by all institutions. He doesn't have the mood for jokes.
    Are you kidding me?Just cause he is pissed off doesn't mean he should stick in the mud.It would waste of rocks charisma.All blackadam needs is that firey personality.
    "Truth, justice and black adam way"
    There are times for humour and times to be pissed.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Well we don't know yet that it'll be a film with pathos, but hopefully it will. I guess if one is a fan of Black Adam and/or the JSA specifically then that's enough in itself to make the film promising. As I'm not big on the JSA I don't think I can get similarly hyped about it until I see a trailer, hopefully Fandome will provide. I do think Black Adam's antihero/antivillain/villain thing could be interesting if executed well, and The Rock seems to be really into the role. I don't know if the movie will wind up good or not, but if nothing else I expect Dwayne Johnson to deliver an engaging performance.