Page 889 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3897898398798858868878888898908918928938999399891389 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,335 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Got a source where he said that? I must've missed it.
    So yeah, I think that, more than ever, there’s sort of an eye to connect stuff a little bit more. But also, they’re willing to take those properties like Joker and make them stand-alone DC properties. So I think that’s a good balance.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-3-1234993608/

Outside of the Batman and Superman stuff, everything coming up is set in the DCEU. Batgirl will apparently feature Simmons as Gordan again rather than just doing a standalone Batgirl movie. They’re slowly trying to build up their shared universe again. Doesn’t mean we’ll get another JL movie anytime soon though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-3-1234993608/

Outside of the Batman and Superman stuff, everything coming up is set in the DCEU. Batgirl will apparently feature Simmons as Gordan again rather than just doing a standalone Batgirl movie. They’re slowly trying to build up their shared universe again. Doesn’t mean we’ll get another JL movie anytime soon though.
    He said "a little bit" so we don't really know that they'll be connected all that strongly. And I still don't think they'd risk another JL movie until a decade after the original...
    Glad to hear that he said they're also still willing to do stand-alones like Joker, hope we see more of those than just Batman and Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ann Sarnoff too talked about DC's franchises connectivity moving forward:

"I am proud of the work we did in the last year with DC Fandom being an example because we had movies, we had games, products, television, streaming, everything was represented there. So since I joined in August of 2019 we have had weekly meetings about our big franchises talking about how we can collaborate together, how we make the whole more than the part, how we bring the amazing characters and stories to life in a new and different way. One of the things I said to them early on was, 'Look, you don't want your fans to see your org chart,' and boy can they see it right now [laughs]. They can see that the movie has nothing to do with the TV series, etc... Everything's connected now and we're building a DC Universe plan that is much more centrally connected, but individually executed. I think it's really upstream in the planning that it all needs to come together so people can still feel a pride of their individual efforts. So I'm really excited about the plans ahead."

https://twitter.com/_champagnepepe/s...12660731789312

"We have weekly meetings with our key execs in every division. Last August, I was made head of studios and networks and I now have all of the creative groups underneath me, so now around that table it's not just Warner Bros. film, Warner Bros. television, and Warner Bros. games, but it includes HBO and HBO Max and the Turner networks, Adult Swim, and the Kids and Family networks. We are involving all of those people in our plans going forward and that means the media is going to be more connected, sometimes in subtle ways and sometimes in more overt ways. Like opposite The Suicide Squad we're spinning out Peacemaker with James Gunn and John Cena passionately developing that for HBO Max."

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/z...ia-1234935580/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-22-2021 at 03:17 AM.

I just take each movie as they come...

I'll believe it when I see it.

But with Zatanna and Black Canary each getting their own movies, it looks like DC is finally realizing what their main trump card against Marvel is:

Now give us a Vixen, Katana and a more faithful BOP movie and we're all set.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

But with Zatanna and Black Canary each getting their own movies, it looks like DC is finally realizing what their main trump card against Marvel is:

Now give us a Vixen, Katana and a more faithful BOP movie and we're all set.
    I really don't think DC is at such an advantage in this department. A lot of their female heroes are either legacies of male heroes (Mary Marvel, Supergirl, Batgirl) or are seldomly portrayed as big stars in their own right (Big Barda, Hawkgirl, Black Canary). Even Zatanna is often sidelined so Constantine can look good.

Marvel has Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Captain Marvel, Miss Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Spectrum, Echo, Elektra, Misty Knight, Jessica Jones etc etc

With Marvel their female characters are more tied with their teams. You can't really separate Sue Storm from the Fantastic Four nor can you separate Rogue, Storm or Jean Grey from their X-Men despite efforts to do so. They are all inherently a part of the same unit.

Starfire, Raven and Nightshade have their own mini-mythologies that has potential to become something more. Katana, Zatanna, Vixen, Power Girl and Black Canary all have qualities of a standalone character and can work as a lead in their own right but they are rarely approached that way. Barda, Hawkgirl and the Mera are each one halves of a battle couple and I got no issue with that. Black Orchid, Cyclone, Rose/Thorn, Jade, Argent; all untapped potential, maybe not a franchise lead but a team player who gets to play the lead occasionally.

IDK, I always felt that DC heroines has more qualities of a standalone character. In Marvel's case, they've done a better job of adapting their roster. Nearly every character you listed has been adapted and most of them are fan favorites. A lot of DC heroines has been adapted but they sometimes tend to be very divisive in how they adapt their characters; if it's CW they are usually played for romantic drama or part of a team and rarely a lead unless you're Supergirl or Stargirl. How long did it take to make a WW movie again?

I think DC's shown how far you can go with diverse legacy characters.

With Marvel their female characters are more tied with their teams. You can't really separate Sue Storm from the Fantastic Four nor can you separate Rogue, Storm or Jean Grey from their X-Men despite efforts to do so. They are all inherently a part of the same unit.

Starfire, Raven and Nightshade have their own mini-mythologies that has potential to become something more. Katana, Zatanna, Vixen, Power Girl and Black Canary all have qualities of a standalone character and can work as a lead in their own right but they are rarely approached that way. Barda, Hawkgirl and the Mera are each one halves of a battle couple and I got no issue with that. Black Orchid, Cyclone, Rose/Thorn, Jade, Argent; all untapped potential, maybe not a franchise lead but a team player who gets to play the lead occasionally.

IDK, I always felt that DC heroines has more qualities of a standalone character. In Marvel's case, they've done a better job of adapting their roster. Nearly every character you listed has been adapted and most of them are fan favorites. A lot of DC heroines has been adapted but they sometimes tend to be very divisive in how they adapt their characters; if it's CW they are usually played for romantic drama or part of a team and rarely a lead unless you're Supergirl or Stargirl. How long did it take to make a WW movie again?
    Man, I'd love a Rose/Thorn adaptation.

Or even just a comic again.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I'm holding out for Nightshade and Black Orchid when it comes to obscure characters.

Astonishing Member

I'm holding out for Nightshade and Black Orchid when it comes to obscure characters.
    On the off chance Peacemaker’s show feeds into Blue Beetle, odds are Nightshade will show up there

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    On the off chance Peacemaker’s show feeds into Blue Beetle, odds are Nightshade will show up there
    Interesting, because Judomaster (another Charlton character) is showing up in Peacemaker.

And I think Judomaster's protege Tiger was the one who trained Nightshade.

Yeah, even Stargirl has a series and Madame Xanadu is getting one too. At least in the area of female character led adaptations, it's safe to say that DC is far ahead of Marvel.

They are still sleeping on Gotham City Sirens though. Marvel doesn't have anything of that sort and when the film was announced in 2016, Sony tried to slap together a Black Cat/Silver Sable team-up which fell apart. At the most, there needs to be a Harley & Ivy movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, even Stargirl has a series and Madame Xanadu is getting one too. At least in the area of female character led adaptations, it's safe to say that DC is far ahead of Marvel.

They are still sleeping on Gotham City Sirens though. Marvel doesn't have anything of that sort and when the film was announced in 2016, Sony tried to slap together a Black Cat/Silver Sable team-up which fell apart. At the most, there needs to be a Harley & Ivy movie.
    I think the GCS will have to wait for the same thing Nightwing will. Wait until after WB decides what exactly they are doing with Batman.