Page 891 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3917918418818878888898908918928938948959019419911391 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,365 of 20948
    Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Except that they don't make one lick of sense in the DCEU main continuity, when clearly there never was an "official" or at least well-known team of super-heroes before the reveal of Superman. That was one of WW84's worst points, seemingly having such incredible events and yet clearly happening in the same universe as Man of Steel.

And I'd rather Black Adam focus on Adam, his past, his relation to Shazam and Khandaq over the JSA, about whom I never cared about in comics and will just waste time at the theatre for no real value.
    Well I'd rather that they only loosely reference anything from Snyder's films if they must do so at all, I don't mind them playing liberally with continuity anyway it's more fun that way imo. The biggest in universe impact from Man of Steel is the threat of global alien invasion, not the emergence of the first superhero. Snyder's stuff is way too confining for me. His Flash goes from being a novice to hitting light speed and breaking the time barrier in a single movie. Snyder's JL 2/3 would have made Cyborg into a tech god and Flash unlocking his true potential and being everywhere at once always, I mean where's the room for conflict or growth!

As for the JSA, just because you don't care about them doesn't mean others don't or won't. You can't say that they're a waste of time for no real value without having seen what purpose they serve in the movie yet.

Except that they don't make one lick of sense in the DCEU main continuity, when clearly there never was an "official" or at least well-known team of super-heroes before the reveal of Superman. That was one of WW84's worst points, seemingly having such incredible events and yet clearly happening in the same universe as Man of Steel.

And I'd rather Black Adam focus on Adam, his past, his relation to Shazam and Khandaq over the JSA, about whom I never cared about in comics and will just waste time at the theatre for no real value.
    Just because you don't care about the JSA, it doesn't mean that they'll be a waste of space and wont have any real value.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I would rather have jsa as DC's premier team.Justice league is clearly.Done...I would like to believe the team ain't that good to begin with all the grandstanding mount Olympus living nonsense.Honestly,manhunter is the best dude in the team.The only quality of redemption.

Man of steel wasn't meant to be some great dcuniverse movie.It's treatment was that of standalone.The only reason it became this incoherent verse is because they wanted mr.batman....That's it.Man of steel is done.it doesn't matter.If ww can break,mos rule.so can black adam.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-01-2021 at 03:32 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I would rather have jsa as DC's premier team.Justice league is clearly.Done...I would like to believe the team ain't that good to begin with all the grandstanding mount Olympus living nonsense.Honestly,manhunter is the best dude in the team.The only quality of redemption.

Man of steel wasn't meant to be some great dcuniverse movie.It's treatment was that of standalone.The only reason it became this incoherent verse is because they wanted mr.batman....That's it.Man of steel is done.it doesn't matter.If ww can break,mos rule.so can black adam.
    I want Titans as the premier team.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Even,If the titans wheren't stuck playing junior members.they still feel like a bunch of spiderman-esque guys.There is a reason spiderman is not go to charcter when people think of avengers.
    For titans to be premiere team.The team would have to be restructured from ground up.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I don't think they necessarily have to be the premier team, but it would actually be pretty smart to launch a Titans trilogy while the Justice League IP rests.

New Teen Titans is actually one of the easiest classic DC runs to adapt. They have a recognizable cast and 3 easily adaptable and iconic stories (Trigon, Judas Contract and Blackfire) that are more or less independent of the state of the rest of the DCU.
    They just need to operate in a world where Dick used to be Robin. And if they want, they could fit in Donna and Wally as well. Heck, they could even use the Titans movie as a way to replace Ezra Miller's terrible Flash with Wally West.
    The biggest problem when integrating a Titans trilogy with the current DCEU is Cyborg. They could somehow sort things out with Fisher (unlikely as it seems) and have him join the team because the JL is missing or disbanded, or just recast and soft reboot the character (without retelling/outright contradicting his origin).
    Hulk and War Machine were recast in the MCU and none of the characters suffered.

Extraordinary Member

I want it to be Section Eight or the Superbuddies...

I don't really care who the premiere team is - team films are never as good as the solo films imo. Sure, the Avengers are the big event films for the MCU, but they're not my favorite. DC focusing on individual characters is better I think.

The DCEU continuity barely exists at this point.

If they're going to include the JSA, then they better do them justice in my opinion.

A Deathstroke show on HBO Max?
    https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021...t-warner-bros/

Are these guys reliable?

Incredible Member

I'm a huge JSA fan. But this premiere team business should be avoided. Don't
    we want all of these groups to prosper? I mean some are not to my taste, but
    someone might like them.

I also agree that if the JSA is there they need to be done right.

We have had a long discussion about the DCEU for the last few days. Personally,
    I don't think much of the Titans show. I see no reason why they can't put
    together an interesting Titans movie. From my perspective at least, you need
    Nightwing and Wonder Girl, along with many of the prominent Titans.

The track record with WB supergroups has been poor. I won't make this post
    any longer by going over all the details here. I will say the Titans have been
    poorly served by the writing, fix that they may have something to work with there.
    Of course, I may be unduly optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post

Are these guys reliable?
    I think they are more reliable than most of the other blogosphere jabronis.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-01-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Are these guys reliable?
    A Deathstroke show would be super cool. But no Joe Manganiello and sticking Slade in “The Batman” universe would suck.

Spectacular Member

Are these guys reliable?
    Give me Deathstroke vs Nightwing or the Titans not Batman this time.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Are these guys reliable?
    Another new take on the character though? How many takes does he need? He's already had 3 within a decade.