Page 892 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3927928428828888898908918928938948958969029429921392 ... LastLast
Results 13,366 to 13,380 of 20948

I’d watch a Deathstroke show if it took cues from Priestroke. Slade as a scumbag dad who keeps hilariously making **** worse for his family would be great. Generic “badass” Deathstroke just killing stuff doesn’t interest me though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d watch a Deathstroke show if it took cues from Priestroke. Slade as a scumbag dad who keeps hilariously making **** worse for his family would be great. Generic “badass” Deathstroke just killing stuff doesn’t interest me though.
    Yeah, I'd want to see that. The family component is pretty essential for him.Titans went for it, but not really from his perspective.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I'm a huge JSA fan. But this premiere team business should be avoided. Don't
    we want all of these groups to prosper? I mean some are not to my taste, but
    someone might like them.
    They have always tried to push jl as be and end all of dc's teams..They will always have a premier.it's unavoidable.dc apparantly always wants this pin point focus on certain properties, team or otherwise.They don't go for the rounded approach that marvel does.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Yeah, I think the Wolfman and Priest runs give a good blueprint for a Deathstroke show.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    A Deathstroke show on HBO Max?
    https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021...t-warner-bros/

Are these guys reliable?
    I don't know if they're reliable, but I'm more interested in their report that Gotham City Sirens with Margot Robbie is back on. Hope that pans out as true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Give me Deathstroke vs Nightwing or the Titans not Batman this time.
    I would have to disagree - I like Deathstroke as a villain, but I'm one of the few people here with literally zero interest in Nightwing. Dick Grayson just bores the hell out of me for some reason. Always has, always will. And the Teen Titans as a whole is just a property I feel works better in animation than live action. So WB's move to tie Deathstroke more to Batman than his least interesting sidekick is one that works for me - or barring that, do like the CW and put him in Green Arrow's court. Either way, it improves my interest dramatically - and frankly, probably the interest of the general audience much more too. I never got the sense Nightwing was that popular outside of the comic book circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Another new take on the character though? How many takes does he need? He's already had 3 within a decade.
    Are you counting this one or is there a live action take I don't know of? 1. CW/Arrowverse 2. DCEU/Justice League's little tease. 3. ...you have to be counting this right? Or was he on the second season of Titans or something? I really gotta give that a watch.

I really liked his animated solo movie...last year? I think it was 2020 and not 2019...anyways, that was a good animated movie actually, far better than I thought it had any right to be.

...you should watch his animated movie then, fudge does he make stuff worse for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know if they're reliable, but I'm more interested in their report that Gotham City Sirens with Margot Robbie is back on. Hope that pans out as true.
    I wonder if that Nightwing movie will ever get off the ground. If anything good came out of WB’s meddling is that they stopped Snyder from making Dick the Robin that Joker killed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I wonder if that Nightwing movie will ever get off the ground. If anything good came out of WB’s meddling is that they stopped Snyder from making Dick the Robin that Joker killed.
    I don't care for Dick Grayson/Nightwing for the most part. I get that he's hugely, insanely, stupidly popular among most other fans here, but he's like the one Batfamily member I can most do without (outside Damian).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would have to disagree - I like Deathstroke as a villain, but I'm one of the few people here with literally zero interest in Nightwing. Dick Grayson just bores the hell out of me for some reason. Always has, always will. And the Teen Titans as a whole is just a property I feel works better in animation than live action. So WB's move to tie Deathstroke more to Batman than his least interesting sidekick is one that works for me - or barring that, do like the CW and put him in Green Arrow's court. Either way, it improves my interest dramatically - and frankly, probably the interest of the general audience much more too. I never got the sense Nightwing was that popular outside of the comic book circle.
    I'm the opposite. Cartoon Slade was my first exposure to the character, and the evil warped reflection of Batman as Dick Grayson's arch nemesis is part of what made him work so well. Pitting him against actual Batman is pretty boring because Batman is already dark so there is no contrast (and he has plenty of evil opposites already). it also doesn't help that comic Deathstroke is a rather boring Villain Sue outside of the original Perez run and Priest.

Nightwing and the individual Bat-family members aren't as popular among the mainstream as Batman himself, but they also don't drive people away either. Especially as Dick was the Robin in the cartoon that was very popular, so playing up that dynamic in live action would probably generate some interest.

Ron Perlman Slade is the Slade by which I judge all other Slade’s by.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Batman vs Deathstroke and Nightwing vs Deathstroke can be pretty great fights...that's all I'm really thinking .

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm the opposite. Cartoon Slade was my first exposure to the character, and the evil warped reflection of Batman as Dick Grayson's arch nemesis is part of what made him work so well. Pitting him against actual Batman is pretty boring because Batman is already dark so there is no contrast (and he has plenty of evil opposites already). it also doesn't help that comic Deathstroke is a rather boring Villain Sue outside of the original Perez run and Priest.

Nightwing and the individual Bat-family members aren't as popular among the mainstream as Batman himself, but they also don't drive people away either. Especially as Dick was the Robin in the cartoon that was very popular, so playing up that dynamic in live action would probably generate some interest.
    Like I said, I'm biased - I don't care for Dick Grayson. He doesn't drive me away, but he doesn't draw me either. I'd rather a solo Deathstroke feature, a Deathstroke vs Batman, a Deathstroke vs Superman, a Deathstroke vs Lex Luther, a Deathstroke vs...basically I could list off every single DC character other than Dick here, over a Deathstroke vs Nightwing movie. I don't have Didio's hate boner for Nightwing, but I've just no interest in him largely.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Like I said, I'm biased - I don't care for Dick Grayson. He doesn't drive me away, but he doesn't draw me either. I'd rather a solo Deathstroke feature, a Deathstroke vs Batman, a Deathstroke vs Superman, a Deathstroke vs Lex Luther, a Deathstroke vs...basically I could list off every single DC character other than Dick here, over a Deathstroke vs Nightwing movie. I don't have Didio's hate boner for Nightwing, but I've just no interest in him largely.
    That's fine, but I think your bias is making you think there would be less wide interest in a Deathstroke vs. Nightwing movie among the mainstream than there might actually be.

Deathstroke vs. Superman though? Lol that should realistically end in like 5 seconds. Dude couldn't even beat the JL's kids without having a mentally unstable teenage girl do most of the work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ron Perlman Slade is the Slade by which I judge all other Slade’s by.
    He's the best one by a country mile because it embraces that he's evil.