Page 893 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3937938438838898908918928938948958968979039439931393 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That's fine, but I think your bias is making you think there would be less wide interest in a Deathstroke vs. Nightwing movie among the mainstream than there might actually be.

Deathstroke vs. Superman though? Lol that should realistically end in like 5 seconds. Dude couldn't even beat the JL's kids without having a mentally unstable teenage girl do most of the work for him.
    He's gonna fight Cyborg Superman (and a bunch other heavy-hitting villains) in his upcoming Deathstroke Inc. series...

IDK... feels like someone is trying to compensate.

He's the best one by a country mile because it embraces that he's evil.
    It embraces that he's evil to the point that he's just not even human. You never see his face, and he repeatedly replaces himself with robots and no-one can tell the difference (subtle dehumanization).

Which is why I think he's better in the show than he ever was in the comics, even during the Perez era. You don't know who he is, and you're not even sure what he is. And he's long term damage was phycological and not physical to the Titans.

Creepy stuff.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He's gonna fight Cyborg Superman (and a bunch other heavy-hitting villains) in his upcoming Deathstroke Inc. series...

IDK... feels like someone is trying to compensate.
    Ugh, I forgot about that. Including Cheetah in #2.
    Bracing myself to cringe.

It embraces that he's evil to the point that he's just not even human. You never see his face, and he repeatedly replaces himself with robots and no-one can tell the difference (subtle dehumanization).

Which is why I think he's better in the show than he ever was in the comics, even during the Perez era. You don't know who he is, and you're not even sure what he is. And he's long term damage was phycological and not physical to the Titans.

Creepy stuff.
    That plus his civilian name "Slade" which they had to use actually worked out for the best, it's just already way cooler sounding than "Deathstroke"

Ugh, Deathstroke is approaching Harley's level of annoying

That's fine, but I think your bias is making you think there would be less wide interest in a Deathstroke vs. Nightwing movie among the mainstream than there might actually be.

Deathstroke vs. Superman though? Lol that should realistically end in like 5 seconds. Dude couldn't even beat the JL's kids without having a mentally unstable teenage girl do most of the work for him.
    I don't think so - because I never said anything about the mainstream's interest, only my interests. But I don't think the mainstream knows or cares who Nightwing is. I think comic fans over inflate how big Dick really is just because they like him.

And yeah, probably. But it'd be a more satisfying 5 seconds for me than a two hour Nightwing movie would be. And who knows, maybe it could take inspiration from the game where the Suicide Squad kills Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Depends - I don't find Harley annoying, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    His saving grace is that they’ve stopped pretending he’s anything other than a bastard as opposed to Harley being a “sweet cinnamon roll who didn’t do anything wrong uwu”
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His saving grace is that they’ve stopped pretending he’s anything other than a bastard as opposed to Harley being a “sweet cinnamon roll who didn’t do anything wrong uwu”
    Yeah, I feel like Deathstroke still ends up getting lumped onto the villain side more than Harley who has to end up joining the heroes because she's so misunderstood, funny, and not at all accountable for her actions .

Ugh, I forgot about that. Including Cheetah in #2.
    Bracing myself to cringe.

That plus his civilian name "Slade" which they had to use actually worked out for the best, it's just already way cooler sounding than "Deathstroke"
    Good lord, yes. When I got into comics I found "Deathstroke" a way less cooler name than how the show used Slade.

Slade's not really that cool a name I think. I think it's just that it seems so cool because we associate it with such a cool take on the character. The animated version was such a competent, high level, bad ass big bad that it made the name "Slade" cooler by mere association. I mean, the only other cartoon villains his level was Gargoyles' David Xanatos and the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' take on The Shredder (even if you liked the 2012 series better, you know their take on Shredder was a major step down).

I remember "Deathstroke" sounding really cool the first time they actually got to use it in a cartoon on Young Justice and it was a big deal when The Light was replacing Sportsmaster with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I feel like Deathstroke still ends up getting lumped onto the villain side more than Harley who has to end up joining the heroes because she's so misunderstood, funny, and not at all accountable for her actions .
    But he loves his kids guys. That make it all okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Good lord, yes. When I got into comics I found "Deathstroke" a way less cooler name than how the show used Slade.
    "Eyyy, this Deathstroke guy looks like Slade with bellbottoms. Oh, they're the...the same person? Oh."
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

That made me laugh, but not for the reason you'd think - it made me flashback to the most recent episode of Stargirl with Sportsmaster and Tigress breaking out of prison to watch their daughter's try outs.

"Eyyy, this Deathstroke guy looks like Slade with bellbottoms. Oh, they're the...the same person? Oh."
    He loves their fiancés more
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And yeah, probably. But it'd be a more satisfying 5 seconds for me than a two hour Nightwing movie would be. And who knows, maybe it could take inspiration from the game where the Suicide Squad kills Superman.
    Or it could take inspiration from american alien....
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Or it could take inspiration from american alien....
    1. Still one of the best single pages in comics.
    2. Still interests me more than Nightwing in a movie.
    3. No seriously, I'd freaking love to see this scene adapted in a movie or show or something!