Page 896 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3967968468868928938948958968978988999009069469961396 ... LastLast
Results 13,426 to 13,440 of 20948
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not dreading in my case. Just unexcited. I would have been excited if Batgirl, Zatanna, Black Canary and Static Shock were announced in 2013. But DC has an established track record with their adaptations and they tend to be either okay or disappointing. I enjoyed 'The Suicide Squad' though. They are going to have to earn the audiences trust and really get people invested in their universe.
    Black Canary and Static Shock would definitely be two of my top choices. And I did not mind Smollett as Black Canary in the Birds of Prey movie, and wouldn't mind seeing a movie with her and 100% less Harley Quinn chewing up the scenery. (I *like* Robbie's Harley, but she sure does suck up all the oxygen in the room...)

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From James Wan's IG:

Here’s @prideofgypsies in the classic #Aquaman suit AND a sneak peek at his other outfit — the stealth suit. Atlantean tech based on cephalopod’s camouflaging ability. David Leslie Johnson and I were inspired by the 80’s “blue suit”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTcibM2sBii/

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Black Canary and Static Shock would definitely be two of my top choices. And I did not mind Smollett as Black Canary in the Birds of Prey movie, and wouldn't mind seeing a movie with her and 100% less Harley Quinn chewing up the scenery. (I *like* Robbie's Harley, but she sure does suck up all the oxygen in the room...)
    My only problem with Smollet's BC wasn't with her or her BC, it was having her wear a damn nose rings. I hate nose rings, they don't look good on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From James Wan's IG:

Here’s @prideofgypsies in the classic #Aquaman suit AND a sneak peek at his other outfit — the stealth suit. Atlantean tech based on cephalopod’s camouflaging ability. David Leslie Johnson and I were inspired by the 80’s “blue suit”.

Are these photoshopped or airbrushed? For some reason it looks like his head's just stuck on a toy with these suit pics, at least to me. Might change in motion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From James Wan's IG:

Nice to see the costume again and that we'll be seeing Arthur using more Atlantean tech! Stealth suit with nods to the blue costume .

(See comics, Aquaman doesn't need to be shirtless!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My only problem with Smollet's BC wasn't with her or her BC, it was having her wear a damn nose rings. I hate nose rings, they don't look good on anyone.
    I hope we get a proper Black Canary costume and look if she's getting a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (See comics, Aquaman doesn't need to be shirtless!)
    Didn't the comics start that because of some fans loving Mamoa shirtless?

I hope we get a proper Black Canary costume and look if she's getting a solo.
    Same, although won't lie it's just because I wanna see her in fishnets...I'm only human ok?

Didn't the comics start that because of some fans loving Mamoa shirtless?
    Shirtless Aquaman has been a thing since the 90s. What did come from the movies was the tattoos, which make less sense since comic Aquaman isn't Polynesian like Mamoa.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not dreading in my case. Just unexcited. I would have been excited if Batgirl, Zatanna, Black Canary and Static Shock were announced in 2013. But DC has an established track record with their adaptations and they tend to be either okay or disappointing. I enjoyed 'The Suicide Squad' though. They are going to have to earn the audiences trust and really get people invested in their universe.

The thing I’ve noticed about DC fans is that nobody can agree on why they want! The fan base is so splintered and there are so many factions wanting differ things that no matter what WB/DC does, a large amount of fans will leave disappointed. I blame DC for this! They’ve never been consistent with their characters and often times have so many alternative takes that people become fans of that version and only that version. That’s why DC will always fail, compared to Marvel. And don’t even get me started on their legacy problem which causes fan bases to fracture even more
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Shirtless Aquaman has been a thing since the 90s. What did come from the movies was the tattoos, which make less sense since comic Aquaman isn't Polynesian like Mamoa.
    Learned something new. And agreed the tattoos on traditional Aquaman seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    The thing I’ve noticed about DC fans is that nobody can agree on why they want! The fan base is so splintered and there are so many factions wanting differ things that no matter what WB/DC does, a large amount of fans will leave disappointed. I blame DC for this! They’ve never been consistent with their characters and often times have so many alternative takes that people become fans of that version and only that version. That’s why DC will always fail, compared to Marvel. And don’t even get me started on their legacy problem which causes fan bases to fracture even more
    Agreed on the legacy problem, but the rest of it? I think that's actually a strength. It's inconsistent sure, but there's a lot of variety. Next year I'm getting three Batmen, Affleck's swan song, Keaton's return, and Pattonson's triumphant entrance. As much as I didn't like Leto's Joker, Phoenix's solo Joker was a masterpiece (imo). Marvel feels too homogeneous for me these days. Everything they do is part of the MCU, and most of the MCU goes for a very similar vibe project to project. DC for all their problems have an insane variety in tone. They can make something like Joker and The Suicide Squad, which are as far apart as R rated movies on comic book villains can get.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Hence the “Multiverse” they’re pursuing where, hypothetically, everyone can get their own take. So DC will never get the MCU’s one large unified universe, but they will get a whole Multiverse that is at least nominally connected. We’ll see if that actually works after the Flash movie comes out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hence the “Multiverse” they’re pursuing where, hypothetically, everyone can get their own take. So DC will never get the MCU’s one large unified universe, but they will get a whole Multiverse that is at least nominally connected. We’ll see if that actually works after the Flash movie comes out.
    While a lot of it depends on the execution, I think this is the best approach personally. We can still get connected movies like every comics fan wants, but we still get films like Joker and The Batman that'd never fit.

The images look great! I immediately thought "80s water suit" when I saw that pic.

Agreed on the legacy problem, but the rest of it? I think that's actually a strength. It's inconsistent sure, but there's a lot of variety. Next year I'm getting three Batmen, Affleck's swan song, Keaton's return, and Pattonson's triumphant entrance. As much as I didn't like Leto's Joker, Phoenix's solo Joker was a masterpiece (imo). Marvel feels too homogeneous for me these days. Everything they do is part of the MCU, and most of the MCU goes for a very similar vibe project to project. DC for all their problems have an insane variety in tone. They can make something like Joker and The Suicide Squad, which are as far apart as R rated movies on comic book villains can get.
    Marvel may feel a bit homogeneous but that routine is still insanely popular and profitable. Fans feel like they are apart of something with the shared universe and average moviegoers seem to enjoy familiarity. Shang Chi shows that Marvel is even pandemic proof.

While a lot of it depends on the execution, I think this is the best approach personally. We can still get connected movies like every comics fan wants, but we still get films like Joker and The Batman that'd never fit.
    Embracing the multiverse was their best chance to succeed once the Snyder shared universe exploded. The big concern now is if The Flash movie, which seems like it will be the new lynch pin and way forward for DC movies, ends up being terrible. I'm very excited about Aquaman, Black Adam, and the HBO Max projects but I still don't have a lot of faith in Ezra.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-05-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Didn't Black Widow flop at the box office?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Marvel may feel a bit homogeneous but that routine is still insanely popular and profitable. Fans feel like they are apart of something with the shared universe and average moviegoers seem to enjoy familiarity. Shang Chi shows that Marvel is even pandemic proof.
    So? That's Marvel. That's one all consuming, got to watch everything to "keep up" interconnected 3-4 film a year juggernaut. I honestly don't think people can handle two shared universes of that size and scope, and most aren't interested in having a second one. You can't have everyone just copy the biggest thing ever, no one's going to come even. So if you can't match them, why not do what they won't? DC can be the contrast of the MCU, the opposite, do it's own thing. Because as successful as homogeony is, I don't think we all want just another MCU on our hands but with DC characters. We've already got the MCU doing what the MCU does.