Page 898 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 398798848888894895896897898899900901902908948998 ... LastLast
Results 13,456 to 13,470 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's all about resentment towards Marvel.
    I do think some DC fans walk around with a chip on their shoulder (two chips for Superman fans ).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Thank you. Screenrant referred to Black Widow as a post-pandemic film. That blew my mind.

We’re not going to be post-pandemic until a lot of folks that have been suckered into believing in conspiracies get their damn shots. I’m not holding my breath. Except beneath my mask as I pass them.

I am resisting the urge to name the side of the political aisle they stand on, but we all know the answer to that. It’s seriously as if they’re pro-covid.

There is no way I’d go to the cinema now, especially in Texas where I sadly live.
    Same boat. There was a time, briefly, where I had ditched my mask. I had my vaccination, covid was slowing down, Delta Variant was more like some rumored distant thing in another country like the first Covid strain before it. Seemed like we were turning the corner. But like you said, a certain political party seems very pro-covid, so they didn't vaxx they didn't mask and Delta is no longer so distant. So my mask is back on, and I'm holding my breath as I pass the many anti-masker people around here because Alabama is sadly a lot like Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I do think some DC fans walk around with a chip on their shoulder (two chips for Superman fans ).
    Hi, I'm Vakanai and I'm a Supermanaholic. I've been off the Morrison bandwagon for two years now, and if I can you can too!

(I mean not the chip you meant but still...)

Media newsletters use the "underwhelming B.O." to get clickbait headlines.

"Black Widow Does Surprisingly Well Amidst Pandemic" apparently doesn't have the zing that "Black Widow, Box-Office Failure!" does. Same goes for every superhero movie this year.

WW84 largely ignored that because everyone was looking at the streaming numbers, since same-date releases were so new. But now it's back to using negative publicity and clickbait titles.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's all about resentment towards Marvel.

Some do not like realizing two properties that were reviewed bombed and attacked in Black Panther and Cap Marvel made a billion.
    A character that couldn't get a solo is now looking at his third movie in Antman.
    A group that featured a character who was MIA in the 90s in Rocket Raccoon is now looking a 3rd movie.

Marvel took their trash and made it work. Because they had no choice.

While Dc had no restrictions and many characters showcased everywhere and the rest is history. With a war between DC and an echo chamber over staying with a universe everyone has made clear they are moving from and using a bitter actor to constantly attack WB.

Like you said we are in a pandemic. Yet you look on tv at some sporting events-you can't tell that we are.
    Lets not forget the antics of some of these governors making everything an issue.

We going to see plenty of movies not do as well (based on budgets) because of Covid-19.

Films like Shazam probably don't have that issue.
    What does any of this have to do with people treating every DC movie like its a failure for some arbitrary reason or another? Marvel movies are not the only ones subjected to this kind of annoying behavior.

Writing off Fisher's experiences as him being a "bitter actor" isn't just insulting, its kind of hypocritical given how often you've attacked Disney using John Boyega or Chadwick Boseman to attack certain fan demographics you don't like. You haven't exactly been singing WB's praises either since the DCEU began.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-05-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I like the Aquaman stealth suit, it immediately reminded me of the comics blue suit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I like the Aquaman stealth suit, it immediately reminded me of the comics blue suit.
    I liked that blue suit (way more than the green and orange horrorshow!), and was chagrined to find out it was universally reviled.

I didn't terribly mind Black Canary's 'Olivia Newton-John' look tho, so my taste is clearly suspect.

I agree, BW and Shang-Chi's under performance does not mean the MCU is dead or dying. My issue has just been people are doing that when it comes to DC films.
    How is it underperforming when it just smashed the Labor Day weekend record? Granted I'm aware that Labor Day is a notoriously slow movie weekend but so far Shang-Chi is hardly underperforming. It got the best pandemic weekend in the UK as well. It doesn't need to do Black Panther or Captain Marvel numbers to be a success, if it does anywhere between Ant-Man and Doctor Strange numbers, it's clearly going to be seen as successful.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-05-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How is it underperforming when it just smashed the Labor Day weekend record? Granted I'm aware that Labor Day is a notoriously slow movie weekend but so far Shang-Chi is hardly underperforming. It got the best pandemic weekend in the UK as well. It doesn't need to do Black Panther or Captain Marvel numbers to be a success, if it does anywhere between Ant-Man and Doctor Strange numbers, it's clearly going to be seen as successful.
    Without China, it’s not hitting those numbers. It’ll likely settle in the 400-500M range, which is a huge win considering how movies are currently performing.

This is true
    Marvel's success is a good thing but its also utterly segmented the DC fandom
    They've resorted to cheerleading for DC properties to fail because that means the current regime has failed and they'll have to start over again in another decade

The argument about Dick not getting a HBO Max movie(he's already in Titans mind you) as opposed to Zatanna or Black Canary is just stones throw away from complaining about female centric DC movies

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Thank you. Screenrant referred to Black Widow as a post-pandemic film. That blew my mind.
    THANK YOU!! It's obvious from the box office receipts of BW that we are not in the post-pandemic era. Black Widow made only $370 million at the box office. That is not at all what the MCU is used to pulling in. When you give people the option to watch something at home, they'll do it. People don't wanna leave their houses if they don't have to it seems. I wonder why that might be...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I've read that the Labour Day record it beat was Halloween (2007), so the title doesn't mean much. This why I am general skeptical of box office "records" because they tend to be misleading. I could be wrong about the movie being a flop, I'm not really hitched to the idea as I am to Black Widow.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

I've read that the Labour Day record it beat was Halloween (2007), so the title doesn't mean much. This why I am general skeptical of box office "records" because they tend to be misleading. I could be wrong about the movie being a flop, I'm not really hitched to the idea as I am to Black Widow.
    Proclaiming Shang-Chi as a flop the day after it doubled the industry-projected holiday weekend total is beyond moronic. Take away the tickets from Labor Day Monday, and it's traditional Fri-Sun opening made more than the three DCEU pandemic film's opening weekends combined.

If you're hitched to announcing a $200 million dollar film a flop after making $500 million (375 BO/125 D+) during a pandemic, than I hope you're consistent and label every movie released the past two years that didn't receive a China release all flops, and consider Birds of Prey, WW84, and Suicide Squad 2 to be monumental, catastrophic failures.

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    Proclaiming Shang-Chi as a flop the day after it doubled the industry-projected holiday weekend total is beyond moronic. Take away the tickets from Labor Day Monday, and it's traditional Fri-Sun opening made more than the three DCEU pandemic film's opening weekends combined.

If you're hitched to announcing a $200 million dollar film a flop after making $500 million (375 BO/125 D+) during a pandemic, than I hope you're consistent and label every movie released the past two years that didn't receive a China release all flops, and consider Birds of Prey, WW84, and Suicide Squad 2 to be monumental, catastrophic failures.
    Yes all those films are flops. Just because we’re in a pandemic doesn’t change the fact that hundreds of millions were spent on them. Hollywood is flopping left and right and will likely have to adjust their budgets should things stay this way for a few years.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Spectacular Member

DC needs to hard reboot or it will continue to flop