Page 899 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 399799849889895896897898899900901902903909949999 ... LastLast
Results 13,471 to 13,485 of 20948
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Lol first it was DC doesn't have a critical acclaimed film to do well & now it's DC must reboot.

Clearly the only option left to just to make Batman films & related. Superman is never ever ever gonna be big no matter how many fans think he can, he's finished. TSS shows having an acclaimed film doesn't mean success.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    DC needs to hard reboot or it will continue to flop
    ...didn't you just say the Superman and Batman reboots were going to flop in another thread? Because they're not replacing them with legacy heroes? And yet you want DCEU to reboot?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Lol first it was DC doesn't have a critical acclaimed film to do well & now it's DC must reboot.

Clearly the only option left to just to make Batman films & related. Superman is never ever ever gonna be big no matter how many fans think he can, he's finished. TSS shows having an acclaimed film doesn't mean success.
    And than Batman becomes toxic because of overuse

Which is another downside when it comes to Warner’s approach

What happens when “the golden generation” can’t sustain their own movies anymore?

Clark is already there and Bruce is just one bad string of movies away from becoming that and Diana destroyed all her good will

What do you have left when even rebooting these characters becomes a risky proposition because audiences are tired of them in their classic forms?

The MCU would never reboot a character in continuity and would instead put all of their effort into one timeline version of the character and allow his sidekick to take their place
    Last edited by Vathlonian; 09-07-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

Clearly the only option left to just to make Batman films & related.
    Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad were Batman related, Birds heavily featuring Batman related characters and a Batman Rogue as the bad guy. Hell Batman was the main character of BvS and JL both of which were terrible and underperformed/flopped. Biggest DCEU in-continuity successes have been Aquaman, the first WW, and Shazam so Batman is no guarantee of success.

Superman is never ever ever gonna be big no matter how many fans think he can, he's finished. TSS shows having an acclaimed film doesn't mean success.
    The Goku avatar plus this just comes across as trolling. Frankly I wouldn’t give a damn if they never made another film with him, they’re godawful at it and the upcoming one reeks of stunt casting and gimmicks, but they’re making another film, he’s got a well received show right now, an animated series in the works, his dog is getting an animated movie, and his Elseworld black successor has an HBO Max show in the works. He’s bigger now than he’s ever been since the Donner films in terms of how much content is coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Yes all those films are flops. Just because we’re in a pandemic doesn’t change the fact that hundreds of millions were spent on them. Hollywood is flopping left and right and will likely have to adjust their budgets should things stay this way for a few years.
    Yeah, they might not be the typical flops we all know, but what else would you call a movie that doesn't at least make at least what the budget cost?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Why are we judging movies success during a pandemic
    Discussion should almost wholly be about its critical score now
    If we compare the box office of all these movies to 2 years ago they are all unmitigated flops
    The only reason these movies are being released now is because the studios have written them off
    Marvel could not push back black widow or the rest of their slate any longer
    WB similarly is fueling demand for its streaming service
    This fanboy war even extends to insanely reduced box office receipts

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, they might not be the typical flops we all know, but what else would you call a movie that doesn't at least make at least what the budget cost?
    Financially WB has to be taking a beating, which makes the Discovery merger coming next year interesting because Zaslov doesn’t tolerate flops from what I hear. Hamada and co. could get the boot for not performing well, pandemic or no.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Financially WB has to be taking a beating, which makes the Discovery merger coming next year interesting because Zaslov doesn’t tolerate flops from what I hear. Hamada and co. could get the boot for not performing well, pandemic or no.
    The HBO Max same day plan came from AT&T and has definitely effected box office revenue for WB, even then it did it’s job. HBO Max increased subscribers and is in the public consciousness and WB will end the year at #2 in box office revenue, behind only Disney.

I hope we don’t get another reshuffling! The DCEU finally seems stable and able to make announced films happen for once
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Why are we judging movies success during a pandemic
    Discussion should almost wholly be about its critical score now
    If we compare the box office of all these movies to 2 years ago they are all unmitigated flops
    The only reason these movies are being released now is because the studios have written them off
    Marvel could not push back black widow or the rest of their slate any longer
    WB similarly is fueling demand for its streaming service
    This fanboy war even extends to insanely reduced box office receipts
    It has nothing to do with fanboyism (I like both DC and Marvel, FWIW), but about movies we want to watch making a profit. If they're not, either the industry won't make them anymore or, at best, they will with much smaller budgets.

It has nothing to do with fanboyism (I like both DC and Marvel, FWIW), but about movies we want to watch making a profit. If they're not, either the industry won't make them anymore or, at best, they will with much smaller budgets.
    I actually wouldn't mind if the budgets on some of these movies were cut back. I kind of miss "middle budget" action movies in this genre.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    The HBO Max same day plan came from AT&T and has definitely effected box office revenue for WB, even then it did it’s job. HBO Max increased subscribers and is in the public consciousness and WB will end the year at #2 in box office revenue, behind only Disney.

I hope we don’t get another reshuffling! The DCEU finally seems stable and able to make announced films happen for once
    So… do you think DC is doing fine or not because your posts conflict a little lol. AT&T were indeed the ones who pushed for day and date on HBO Max, but it remains to be seen how Zaslov feels about things. I think some shake up in inevitable, people will leave or get fired, some projects will be cancelled or simply die on the vine. Feel confident Blue Beetle will get made though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind if the budgets on some of these movies were cut back. I kind of miss "middle budget" action movies in this genre.
    That's fine, but many of the movies that a lot of us like wouldn't have looked as good with a much smaller budget.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The street level characters would work fine (if not better) in lower budget movies, but the JL tier characters are going to look like underwhelming dogshit if the budget isn't at their level.

Arguably in both her movies, Wonder Woman's budget either wasn't at or wasn't applied in the areas a character of her level requires, leading to the action being underwhelming (this was more of a problem in the second film than the first, aside from Ares). I can't imagine the budget going lower working for her at all.

That's fine, but many of the movies that a lot of us like wouldn't have looked as good with a much smaller budget.
    Yes, but I'm not really talking about reducing their budgets. What I'd like to see is more the addition of lower budgeted movies. Not every superhero needs a budget that big or needs to look that good. Like....I feel like these budgets encourage the "city/world needs saving" big CGI apocalyptic battle type films, and I miss having smaller stories in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The street level characters would work fine (if not better) in lower budget movies, but the JL tier characters are going to look like underwhelming dogshit if the budget isn't at their level.

Arguably in both her movies, Wonder Woman's budget either wasn't at or wasn't applied in the areas a character of her level requires, leading to the action being underwhelming (this was more of a problem in the second film than the first, aside from Ares). I can't imagine the budget going lower working for her at all.
    That's kind of what I mean though - the lower powered guys. The street levelers. It is getting a bit too big, like gods upon gods fighting gods in big massive cgi spectacles. Those are good, but we've moved a little too much in that direction that there's a lack of the smaller tier stuff.