Page 9 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    With all the HQ hype... lets make a truthful movie adaption of the Harley Quinn & Powergirl Teamup!

That would be absolutely amazing! I’m just hoping that they use that story for an episode of the upcoming Harley animated series.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Old thread is gone? End of an era.

Looking forward to Aquaman UK gets it early too
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Old thread is gone? End of an era.

Looking forward to Aquaman UK gets it early too
    Just think of it as another DC reboot or universe wide retcon.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WB wants to build the Harley Quinn Extended Universe.

I find it weird that it will probably be 4 years before Harley appears onscreen again. And after that she will be there every year until who knows how long depending on the success of all those franchises she's supposed to be in. I liked her in SS but I don't she's that popular with the public. The character Harley in general yes, not Margot Robbie's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I find it weird that it will probably be 4 years before Harley appears onscreen again. And after that she will be there every year until who knows how long depending on the success of all those franchises she's supposed to be in. I liked her in SS but I don't she's that popular with the public. The character Harley in general yes, not Margot Robbie's performance.
    The 4 years was mostly due to a lot of creative shakeups going on at WB
    Every year there was someone getting promoted or demoted and each one had their own plans/scripts/movies they wanted to prioritize

Margot Robbie wasn't exactly pressed for work either.

If they are going to actually make a Sirens movie, then I'd prefer if Catwoman and Ivy were introduced prominently in other movies prior too: The Batman and Batgirl respectively make the most sense, though Suicide Squad 2 could be an option too, especially if Harley is going to sit that one out.

https://www.newsarama.com/41328-fema...ie-report.html

This here is idiotic. The DCEU isn’t exactly the picture of success right now. You don’t fix that by eliminating half of your pool of directors just because of the weird new notion that a director/writer has to have the same whatever identity as the character that is the product of the media adaption. If a woman gets the gig because she’s talented, has the best vision, and does a good job, that’s fantastic. Just don’t cut your talent pool in half for no reason.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

If the reboot Green Lantern movie is supposed to have Hal and John, I wonder if they would look for a director duo consisting of a white guy and a black guy to match the main characters' group identity. If so, the white guy better be a half-Jewish Californian and the black dude better be a Detroit-native.

Seriously though, I don't mind the Supergirl director news. Hollywood wants to look progressive these days, especially in light of the Time's Up movement. Looking for a woman to direct a "girl power" movie is more than understandable.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-13-2018 at 01:47 PM.

BANNED

Or Hollywood is waking up and has realised that they have been cutting their talent pool in half for as long as there has been a Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Or Hollywood is waking up and has realised that they have been cutting their talent pool in half for as long as there has been a Hollywood.
    That’s absurd. Hollywood doesn’t discount equally talented women. At least they haven’t for a long time. Because why the hell would they do that? What would they gain from that? The truth is, there are have been more men in directorial positions because significantly more men choose to enter that profession.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-13-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    That’s absurd. Hollywood doesn’t discount equally talented women. At least they haven’t for a long time. Because why the hell would they do that? What would they gain from that? The truth is, there are have been more men in directorial positions because significantly more men choose to enter that profession.
    It's not so much discount as don't see, or not giving them second chances. Heck, Patty Jenkins had to wait for almost 15 years to make her second movie, after having directed Charlize Theron to an Oscar.

Retired

I tend to think the Supergirl movie is just a negotiating ploy to get Henry Cavill to settle for less money to do another Superman movie. But let's say it goes through--if it's the alternative to a Superman movie, that would suggest they aren't going to have Superman in it. And here's my quarrel with that--when they did SUPERGIRL in 1984, they left Christopher Reeve out (he was supposed to be in the movie, but that deal fell through), when they launched SUPERGIRL on CBS, they never had an actor play the part of Superman (only in the next season on CW). Yet in the comic books, every time, Supergirl is spun off from the Superman comics.

Here's what I'd like to happen: Patty Jenkins has declared her love for Superman--so let her direct the next Superman movie and in that movie introduce Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I tend to think the Supergirl movie is just a negotiating ploy to get Henry Cavill to settle for less money to do another Superman movie. But let's say it goes through--if it's the alternative to a Superman movie, that would suggest they aren't going to have Superman in it. And here's my quarrel with that--when they did SUPERGIRL in 1984, they left Christopher Reeve out (he was supposed to be in the movie, but that deal fell through), when they launched SUPERGIRL on CBS, they never had an actor play the part of Superman (only in the next season on CW). Yet in the comic books, every time, Supergirl is spun off from the Superman comics.

Here's what I'd like to happen: Patty Jenkins has declared her love for Superman--so let her direct the next Superman movie and in that movie introduce Supergirl.
    I would hope that a Supergirl movie set in the current movie continuity would acknowledge Superman, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to distance Supergirl from the Cavill Superman considering the stigma of the Snyder films.

Retired

What do you think they're going to do with Superman? Just not make anymore Superman movies? Hire another actor to play Supes? He's mentioned in the SHAZAM! movie, who is he if not the Cavill Superman?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Nothing in the DCEU makes sense going forward without Superman.