Page 903 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4038038538938999009019029039049059069079139531003 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,545 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Flash having a well received TV show and reception to Ezra Miller being generally "meh" anyway certainly takes the sting out of this a bit.

But the Flash's first ever live action solo movie being mostly marketed around Batman is fucking pathetic on WB's part. Spider-Man at least had a successful first trilogy and another film attempt before Iron Boy happened (along with WAY more media exposure than the Flash in general).

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRVVbApG/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRVqaaVx/

The show is on life support and is not well received presently, a good trailer is all the film needs
    Plus word is grant may be doing a cameo in the film anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not implausible though right? At this point Barry is clearly Batman’s sidekick in a similar vein as MCU Spider-Man is to Iron Man. That’s what they’re going for here relationship wise. Miller is so unlike Barry in any way that I’ve made my peace that this is a Flash/Barry adaption in name only. Coping is much easier that way.
    OTOH, his personality reminds me of Bart so I'm semi okay with the change since it's similar to someone already connected with Barry. Its better than turning Barry into Wally.

Ok I don’t think it is Red Death but it would be f****** hilarious if the villain of the Flash movie… is a goddamn evil Batman
    "So this was just another Batman movie all along?"

"Always has been."

*bang*

When are we going to start calling DCEU Flash “Batboy” like the Spidey fans call Holland “Iron Boy”? Because my God am I seeing some similarities here. Can’t really blame WB though, I would not bet any amount of money on Miller’s ability to carry a movie solo either.
    'Bat Flash Lad: The Boy Wonder'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    May as well just call him Kid Flash.
    Batkid. Er, I know that name's already taken, but he's probably moved on to calling himself Batteen or ...nope, Batman's taken.
    Maybe Flash just changes his name to Robin? We'll finally get that Batman & Robin movie some people want!

Spectacular Member

At this point the only reason I'd be watching The Flash is for Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    as the flash?
    or as the bitchy guy on glee?
    As The Flash? He won an award for it.

The show is on life support and is not well received presently, a good trailer is all the film needs
    Current quality issues aside it's still gets good ratings for the CW, so it's really all on Gustin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As The Flash? He won an award for it.

Current quality issues aside it's still gets good ratings for the CW, so it's really all on Gustin.
    Still incredibly popular on Netflix from what I hear, though nowhere near its peak. Gustin I think will be the Flash with Miller being the second string dude (ironic as that is).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Bat-Flash??? tease from Andy Muschietti:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUA2qB8lo2_/
    The more I see about this movie, the less I'm looking forward to it. I'm just worried it would turn out to be a mess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Presently and not at its peak, but it was well received.

Yeah one good trailer will build interest, but remember how good the Suicide Squad (first one) trailers were? Doesn't mean the movie will be good, and the fact that a Flash trailer will need to lean on Batman at all to build hype still makes all of this really pitiful on WB's end.

Extraordinary Member

Variety: Urkel Animated Musical Among Cartoon Network Greenlights for New ACME Night Programming Block
    “Merry Little Batman” is an animated family action comedy. When a six-year-old Damian Wayne finds himself alone in Wayne Manor, he must transform into “Little Batman” in order to defend his home and Gotham City from the crooks and super-villains intent on destroying Christmas. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based on characters from DC, the film is executive produced and directed by Mike Roth from a screenplay by Morgan Evans.

Extraordinary Member

Presently and not at its peak, but it was well received.

Yeah one good trailer will build interest, but remember how good the Suicide Squad (first one) trailers were? Doesn't mean the movie will be good, and the fact that a Flash trailer will need to lean on Batman at all to build hype still makes all of this really pitiful on WB's end.
    it not exactly a flashpoint story as i understand but Batman (thomas Wayne) was the secondary protagonist in that storyline was he not? Also things are not always as they appear, we are seeing so many bat hints because we know he will be in the film already. they are keep everything pretty sealed.

Extraordinary Member

thats why family matters is on cartoon network at night lol

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

it not exactly a flashpoint story as i understand but Batman (thomas Wayne) was the secondary protagonist in that storyline was he not? Also things are not always as they appear, we are seeing so many bat hints because we know he will be in the film already. they are keep everything pretty sealed.
    Flashpoint is hardly an optimal story to go with for the Flash's first ever solo film to begin with, and the Batman connection is very likely the reason the studio went with it in the first place. It gives them the perfect excuse to shove their golden goose into something he probably shouldn't be.

Yeah things may not be as they appear, but that seems a bit too optimistic considering we just got yet another Bat project announced on this page. A lot of their upcoming projects sound promising, but the Flash is sending out several red flags that it's a studio driven mess in which the title character is not top priority. Coasting on the 1989 Bat-mania nostalgia is.

Extraordinary Member

Flashpoint is hardly an optimal story to go with for the Flash's first ever solo film to begin with, and the Batman connection is very likely the reason the studio went with it in the first place. It gives them the perfect excuse to shove their golden goose into something he probably shouldn't be.

Yeah things may not be as they appear, but that seems a bit too optimistic considering we just got yet another Bat project announced on this page. A lot of their upcoming projects sound promising, but the Flash is sending out several red flags that it's a studio driven mess in which the title character is not top priority. Coasting on the 1989 Bat-mania nostalgia is.
    Oh absolutley, but that how you get budget, batman performs well and it makes people trust lending money to that films. I really just hoping this film can just correct the DCEU as a whole using the speed force, that all. When Zach killed robin, he basically destroyed hope in that universe.

Oh absolutley, but that how you get budget, batman performs well and it makes people trust lending money to that films. I really just hoping this film can just correct the DCEU as a whole using the speed force, that all. When Zach killed robin, he basically destroyed hope in that universe.
    And that was before he killed Superman. In his second movie.

How exactly would this film "correct" the DCEU? Also, Zach's movie never said which Robin died. We know he meant for it to be Dick, but it's easy to ignore that and pretend it's Jason.
    Also, how the heck is Dick Grayson the only hope in that universe?