Page 912 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029089099109119129139149159169229621012 ... LastLast
Results 13,666 to 13,680 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Just a week or so ago a representative from warner Bros stated that it's still possible that Zach Snyder will come back and do something so it's not completely over. of course it will be awhile since he has line-up a bunch of stuff from Netflix. But seeing Zach's vision for the future in the blueprints over the summer it's obvious that they could very well take elements of some of his ideas and put it into a film. This is something that DC and apparently Warner Bros have in their contracts. When an artist sign on the dotted line any ideas that they come up with can be askew and developed in another way. There's a new character in the Doom Patrol TV called Roni Evers who is a derivative of a male character created by Marv Wolman in 1982 called Ron Evers and also a derivative of a female character called Variant, a female cyborg created by John Semper jr. in the Cyborg Rebirth comic series. I'm willing to bet that neither Marv Wolfman nor John Semper jr. are getting any restitution from their creations because it's (according to the legal jargon of the contract that they signed) is a derivative of something that they create and of which they agreed that their creation and ideas can be askew. This is what big corporations do. They take advantage of the people who actually create. And this is why, Zach, even though he will not be there physically will always have an imprint in some DC films going forward in some way. warner Bros will use Zach ideas in some way or another.
    Last edited by abetterday; 10-11-2021 at 05:52 AM.

DC updated all of their character’s social media page banners. The image features different versions of the characters (movies, tv, comics, video games, etc.). I found it interesting that the Superman pic has Cavill’s Superman front and center.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    DC updated all of their character’s social media page banners. The image features different versions of the characters (movies, tv, comics, video games, etc.). I found it interesting that the Superman pic has Cavill’s Superman front and center.
    Wait it'll be revealed at Fandome that he'll be in The Flash, co-starring in the Supergirl movie, mentoring Shazam and get his ass kicked by Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s the same image they’ve had since last Fandome, they just updated the link to their website. Guessing that won’t change until after this Fandome perhaps.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Surprised they didn't use Hoechlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprised they didn't use Hoechlin.
    He’s there! The banners show Injustice Superman, Cavill, Reis art of Superman, and Hoechlin. My guess is that Cavill will be removed after Fandome and the other banners will update as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Hi guys

What's the current status of the DCEU?

Are DC and WB still behind Zack Snyder's version of it, or are they still going to reboot it with Erza Miller's The Flash?

All signs point to a quasi reboot with Erza Miller's Flash. We'll only know the details once the movie comes out.

They have some movies set in the DCEU and some movies set outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

Are DC and WB still behind Zack Snyder's version of it, or are they still going to reboot it with Erza Miller's The Flash?
    Snyder’s out and doesn’t seem to be coming back. The Flash is apparently going to shift the franchise away from Knightmare. Of the actors:

Ezra has his first Flash movie where he’s supposedly the star coming up (but it mostly looks to be Batman focused)

Gadot has one more WW movie and then she’ll be done

Maoma has his second movie coming and after that Wan has indicated he plans to be done. No clue if we’ll get a third Aquaman movie just without Wan directing but it’s likely

Fisher is finished at WB and DC because of his feud with Hamada. Cyborg will likely be dropped entirely

Affleck is said to be leaving the franchise after the Flash movie which will allow him a graceful exit. Keaton will apparently take his place as the Batman Who Cameos

Cavill is… a massive question mark? There are no projects with him scheduled to appear, there’s a Superman reboot coming that will star a black Superman, and Sasha Calle Supergirl is being positioned as his replacement the same way Keaton is replacing Affleck. But unlike Affleck Cavill hasn’t wanted to leave and we don’t really know what his future is. Sure looks like he’s finished however, but perhaps he will be relegated to cameos the same as Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cavill is… a massive question mark? There are no projects with him scheduled to appear, there’s a Superman reboot coming that will star a black Superman, and Sasha Calle Supergirl is being positioned as his replacement the same way Keaton is replacing Affleck. But unlike Affleck Cavill hasn’t wanted to leave and we don’t really know what his future is. Sure looks like he’s finished however, but perhaps he will be relegated to cameos the same as Keaton.
    Cavill was the first person to say they wanted to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Cavill was the first person to say they wanted to leave
    Source? Last we heard from him was “the cape is still in my closet”.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-12-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

I doubt there will be reboot that will effect the rest, what we get a new origin story for WW? Steve Trevor is still alive? etc, comic fans may understand that, but general audience will not.

Besides WW and Aquaman are anything but snyder's version, In Aquaman alone there is hardly any mention of the JL movie except just a single phrase not to mention that Wan's movie goes opposite to what was shown in Snyder's version.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, there's no reason to do a hard reboot. If the DCEU wants to change backstories, just introduce multiversal versions

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Yeah, there's no reason to do a hard reboot. If the DCEU wants to change backstories, just introduce multiversal versions
    or some creative imagination, example they want Steve Trevor back? they can always have him trapped in some time suspended dimension, no need of Flash messing up timelines etc. In comics it can be explained in various issues but in 2hr movies it would be difficult for the people watching to understand.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    or some creative imagination, example they want Steve Trevor back? they can always have him trapped in some time suspended dimension, no need of Flash messing up timelines etc. In comics it can be explained in various issues but in 2hr movies it would be difficult for the people watching to understand.
    I guess the main point is there are many ways