Page 916 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4168168669069129139149159169179189199209269661016 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,740 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Everyone else is getting solos. MBJ is getting his own Superman project simply because he wanted one, yet Cavill can’t get anything? Whole pitch that got him on board was he was going to get his own trilogy of Superman movies like Bale Batman. Instead Snyder turned him into a supporting character for Batman and WB wouldn’t give him another solo. Why waste your career cameoing in other peoples movie which is seemingly what WB offered him? There’s no concrete evidence or trade reports saying specifically why talks broke down, but the simplistic answer is Cavill probably wanted money and he wanted another shot at a solo without Snyder. WB didn’t want to pay and they didn’t want to take another chance. Trades explicitly compared the offer to Nick Fury/Hulk which I wouldn’t be satisfied with either, especially when he probably knew they were asking directors for a new Superman.

Personally I don’t care, he’s not an actor I think is great. Want this chapter closed one way or the other instead of constant guessing however.
    If the Black Adam vs Superman showdown that he was cooking with The Rock will get made, he would get the 2nd billing, it won't be a mere "cameo". In the Marvel age of superhero movies, sharing a movie with other characters isn't an offer to turn down.

We'll see.

I wouldn't mind either having him coming back to mentor Supergirl and Val-Zod (if it's in the DCEU) or be replaced by both after he dies off screen. lol

Hope they just tell us if he’s in the Flash or not. If he is then I think he will be in the Supergirl movie. Otherwise he’s gone far as I’m concerned, just like what happened to Routh.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Michael Keaton just turned 70 years old, so he’s not going to be replacing Affleck as an active Batman. He’ll appear in costume in The Flash (maybe a Kingdom Come inspired suit) but he’s not a long term option. I’m sure he’s going to be a mentor character but he’s not going to be on the starting lineup of the next Justice League.
    Yes, he'll replace Affleck - WB doesn't care how old he is, he doesn't have to be an "active" Batman, that's what Pattinson's Earth 2 movies are for.

If there’s another JL movie expect it to have Supergirl and Batgirl in place of Superman & Batman. That or they’ll go the JL Mortal route and make it a standalone.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If it was for me, JL would be rebooted in the "Battinson" universe. Tie Coates' SM to Reeves' BM, introduce a Flash and/or other characters from that Earth via another multiverse trip in The Flash sequel, and you can do a new JL next.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Batgirl's directors said in an interview that Barbara will wear a full cowl and not a domino mask and Batman will appear in the movie, but they aren't allowed to reveal yet which Batman will be.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2021/10...ilm-fest-gent/
    I'm glad we're getting the cowl, although I'm curious how they'll work the hair.
    I guess Reeves has an arc planned for the main characters, and Bruce (as well as Selina) will evolve both psychologically and "aesthetically" as the trilogy progress.
    The marketing with the Lego's doesn't refer to Selina as "Catwoman" while Penguin and Riddler are called those names, so it seems like she grows into being Catwoman at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hope they just tell us if he’s in the Flash or not. If he is then I think he will be in the Supergirl movie. Otherwise he’s gone far as I’m concerned, just like what happened to Routh.
    I'm curious if they'll confirm who the fourth major character with Flash, Batman, and Supergirl is.
    If it was for me, JL would be rebooted in the "Battinson" universe. Tie Coates' SM to Reeves' BM, introduce a Flash and/or other characters from that Earth via another multiverse trip in The Flash sequel, and you can do a new JL next.
    I guess I'm curious to see if the Battinson universe can foster other heroes and not just Gotham spinoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The marketing with the Lego's doesn't refer to Selina as "Catwoman" while Penguin and Riddler are called those names, so it seems like she grows into being Catwoman at least.
    Her "costume" is a work-in-progress too.

I'm curious if they'll confirm who the fourth major character with Flash, Batman, and Supergirl is.
    It seemed alternate Barry.

I guess I'm curious to see if the Battinson universe can foster other heroes and not just Gotham spinoffs.
    It looks 2 people dressed as Superman and Wonder Woman will appear in a Halloween party in The Batman. They should exist out there on DCEU's "Earth-2".

I hope not - I'd rather they just let Battinson's Earth 2 be it's own thing, let Coates' SM movie be it's own unconnected thing (especially as I've no faith in it after hearing what Marvel fans have had to say about Coates as a superhero fiction writer), and just continue with the DCEU being the "main" JL-centric continuity for the next 5 to 10 years before maybe rebooting it to start up a new JL.

Well, before they give us an Alfred or Catwoman spinoff, it would at least be nice to confirm one way or another whether there are other heroes in the Battinson universe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hope not - I'd rather they just let Battinson's Earth 2 be it's own thing, let Coates' SM movie be it's own unconnected thing (especially as I've no faith in it after hearing what Marvel fans have had to say about Coates as a superhero fiction writer), and just continue with the DCEU being the "main" JL-centric continuity for the next 5 to 10 years before maybe rebooting it to start up a new JL.
    Why reboot?

Well, before they give us an Alfred or Catwoman spinoff, it would at least be nice to confirm one way or another whether there are other heroes in the Battinson universe.
    Does it matter? If there are other superheroes on Earth 2 do we really want those versions getting movie over the mainline/DCEU versions?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Why reboot?
    Because we (at least me) want a good Clark Kent Superman movie and Cavill is axed and the Coates' thing sounds like a probable disaster?

Does it matter? If there are other superheroes on Earth 2 do we really want those versions getting movie over the mainline/DCEU versions?
    Would probably depend on the approach/take they'd go for. Although personally I hardly even believe there is a mainline DCEU at this point.

Pattinson has stated that he likes Batman because he’s not a superhero. Doesn’t seem like the type of actor who thinks like he’s any to be in a superhero team up flick.

Ultimate Member

Because we (at least me) want a good Clark Kent Superman movie and Cavill is axed and the Coates' thing sounds like a probable disaster?
    I can see that, but then we'd just get the same business over again. Instead of hard reboot, I think a soft reboot could work better

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pattinson has stated that he likes Batman because he’s not a superhero. Doesn’t seem like the type of actor who thinks like he’s any to be in a superhero team up flick.
    But he is a superhero. No offense but that sounds pretentious

Would probably depend on the approach/take they'd go for. Although personally I hardly even believe there is a mainline DCEU at this point.
    Why? I mean, there's been 2 movies outside of the mainline DCEU (Joker, Snyder Cut), and two coming up (The Batman + shows, Superman reboot). Every single other thing we know of (arguable exception of MBJ's Superman because Max vs WB films proper dispute) is for sure going to be in the normal DCEU. Black Adam, Flash, Peacemaker (Peacekeeper? Whoever Cena's playing), Batgirl, Zatanna, Supergirl, Black Canary, possibly a Gotham City Sirens, Hourman, probably one or two I'm forgetting. Unless something happens to royally screw it up I don't understand this whole "DCEU isn't a mainline thing" thing that's going around.